Australia

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
It's a must to have at least 2 good spinning options in the West Indies. That's why I think Hauritz and Smith should both play.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Don't think we need both Smith and Hauritz although if Smith plays at 7 you could have that option. But we do have Clarke and Dussey who can offer some spin and if needed Warner and White are the extreme part time options.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lee declares himself ready to go - World Twenty20 - Fox Sports

Lee declared himself fit so no Harris or Bollinger. His only chance will be in the warmups, as its way to risky to take a punt on him in this tournament format.

Word. I'm starting to feel we should have taken Bollinger, he really has been going well in the IPL. But anyway, i'm still hoping Lee can step up, since i can't see him not playing.

Also damn it would have been so bloody great if Symonds was in this team. Roy & Bear in the middle-order would have been awesome.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hmmm Lee should have declared himself injured! Although still would have been tight between him and Harris, maybe Bollinger has the edge with his side making the final. I still reckon having Paine is a waste as that could have been a spot for Harris/Bollinger especially with Lee being suspect.

TumTum

International Cricketer
1. Shane Watson
2. David Warner
3. Michael Clarke
4. Cameron White
5. David Hussey
6. Steven Smith
7. Brad Haddin
8. Mitchel Johnson
9. Nathan Hauritz / Brett Lee
10. Ryan Harris
11. Dougie Bollinger

Batting all the way down to #9 and 8 bowling options (3 spin, 4 pace, 1 either).

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
The bowling lineup would be a lot more consistent than Nannes, Tait, Lee, Johnson, lacks the fear factor which that lineup gives though.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nannes is a must pick to be honest. Can't leave him out.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Just looking at our squad again, if one of the main three fast bowlers get injured or struggle with form then in terms of pace bowling Lee is the only option and he ain't in great form either. After that you are looking to Christian or Watson to play as a seamer. Still feel we wasted a spot with Paine to take another quick bowler plus one that is more steady.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Just looking at our squad again, if one of the main three fast bowlers get injured or struggle with form then in terms of pace bowling Lee is the only option and he ain't in great form either. After that you are looking to Christian or Watson to play as a seamer. Still feel we wasted a spot with Paine to take another quick bowler plus one that is more steady.

Yea for real, Paine does seem like a wasted spot ATM, especially looking at Lee's form. I guess the selectors picked Paine because of the workload Haddin has been under since last September though.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hes had a good break since the NZ tour surely that's enough and if it isn't they could have just rested him from this tournament. There isn't much separating them in this format anyway, Haddin has the advantage of being a better lower order hitter. And looking at our draw I don't see where they plan on resting Haddin.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
They should play:

1. Warner
2. Watson
3. Clarke (even though he is ████ at T20's)
4. White
5. Dave Hussey
6. Haddin
7. Smith
8. Hauritz
9. Johnson
10. Nannes
11. Tait

Num

Club Cricketer
Australia's squad is really missing Harris and Bollinger as the more steady bowlers. Sorry to bring it up again, but Bracken would have been pretty useful to have in the squad.

Users who are viewing this thread