C2k5 Player Editor

Gurjot95

National Board President
Hey guys i've tried everything and i dont know why i keep getting n error:

errort.jpg

:crying
It can be because wrong directory in bats.xml file and also check if imbig is there in your 2005 root directory. If this problem still occurs then send your bats.xml file

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm not sure I know how to make it vista compatable unfortunately. It's quite an old release and I've basically stopped supporting it.

MWaugh

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
morning all,

ive been trying to run the player editor (ive run it successfully once from memory). now i open the player editor, use the impbig file from the folder and when i go to open the .ros file the following comes up:

"unhandled exceptio has occurred in your application. if you click continue, the applicatio nwill ignore this error and attempt to continue. if you click quit, the application will close immediately.

could not find file C:\Documents and settings\My name\My Documents\Ea Cricket 2005 Downloads\Player Editor V3\PlayerEditorv3012\temp.fsh."

any assistance would be greatfully appreciated. its been doing this this last few times i start it up. if i click continue the pop up box above just keeps on popping up everytime i try and do an action.

MWaugh

International Coach
nah the difference is that it says it cant find that temp.fsh file. is that meant to be included somewhere in the pack? i searched my pc but nothing came up

Highlander999

ICC President
I honestly have no idea. I get that message at times as well when I am assigning faces. I just generally ignore it. Colin is probably the person to ask with this.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Usually a paths error caused by incorrect settings in the bats.xml file. Open it and check the paths are correct.

Amiya

Panel of Selectors
I was getting that temp error too and sometimes Unhandled operation error. I just installed .net framework again and downloaded fresh Player Editor and it's working.

MWaugh

International Coach
Usually a paths error caused by incorrect settings in the bats.xml file. Open it and check the paths are correct.

thanks colin, Bibu and Amiya. I might try downloading the .net framework again and the player editor and see how that goes.

colin i had a look in the bats.xml file but im not really sure what id be looking for as an incorrect setting.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
thanks colin, Bibu and Amiya. I might try downloading the .net framework again and the player editor and see how that goes.

colin i had a look in the bats.xml file but im not really sure what id be looking for as an incorrect setting.

Try checking this,

Code:
<Settings>
    <C2005Path>C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\</C2005Path>
    <ImpBig>C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\PE\ImpBIG.exe</ImpBig>
    <Preview>True</Preview>
    <Overs>True</Overs>
  </Settings>

MWaugh

International Coach
Try checking this,

Code:
<Settings>
    <C2005Path>C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\</C2005Path>
    <ImpBig>C:\Program Files\EA SPORTS\EA SPORTS Cricket 2005\PE\ImpBIG.exe</ImpBig>
    <Preview>True</Preview>
    <Overs>True</Overs>
  </Settings>

thanks suren, can i just check something. its alright to place the player editor folder in a completely seperate area (eg cricket 05 downloads under my documents, and run it from there. rather than placing in the prog files/ea sports/ea cricket 05 folder with all the other .fsh files.

secondly. in the download there is a impBIG file, and there is also a ImpBIG file found in the data folder that comes with the game (next to the data_pc.gob) unless thats been put in there when i put the face pack in there (despite the amount of time ive spent on this forum i still really have no idea when it comes to this sort of stuff).

sorry for stuffing you guys around a bit. i appreciate your help.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
thanks suren, can i just check something. its alright to place the player editor folder in a completely seperate area (eg cricket 05 downloads under my documents, and run it from there. rather than placing in the prog files/ea sports/ea cricket 05 folder with all the other .fsh files.

secondly. in the download there is a impBIG file, and there is also a ImpBIG file found in the data folder that comes with the game (next to the data_pc.gob) unless thats been put in there when i put the face pack in there (despite the amount of time ive spent on this forum i still really have no idea when it comes to this sort of stuff).

sorry for stuffing you guys around a bit. i appreciate your help.

ya, PE can be placed anywhere. But those paths, c2005 path and impBIG file path has to be set correct.

and regarding, impBIG file when asked for it, give the path that comes along with PE. :) I think, you had given the other for the ImpBig path? You don't have to replace any impBIG anywhere :)

Users who are viewing this thread