Cricket Academy Now Available

kripss

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will we be getting a demo version to play before release? like 5-5 over match against AI or a small scenario like we had in BLC99 demo (score x runs in y balls)? Just to get a taste of actual game. Dbc14 only had net practice (not even ground practice) to play with.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Will we be getting a demo version to play before release? like 5-5 over match against AI or a small scenario like we had in BLC99 demo (score x runs in y balls)? Just to get a taste of actual game. Dbc14 only had net practice (not even ground practice) to play with.

Big Ant have already stated that no playable demo will be made available.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Big Ant have already stated that no playable demo will be made available.

well, i think they've said the academy will have playable aspects, but not a match (5/5, 10/10 etc.)

so whether it's just nets batting, or includes bowling, or something else, who knows...

flake

County Cricketer
Can anyone help me by telling me how to adjust the size of the overlay picture in the Academy? On a laptop with no mouse scroll...

Plotinus

Associate Captain
One thing I would like to see in the Academy is some way of altering the player's expression. They all look very dour.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Use a controller.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I didn't know we could use a controller I've bein using the mouse and keys! Can I use my xbone wireless controller or does it have to be a wired Xbox 360 one? Missus uses a little usb thingy in her pc cos the mouse is wireless. Would this work with controller,

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I didn't know we could use a controller I've bein using the mouse and keys! Can I use my xbone wireless controller or does it have to be a wired Xbox 360 one? Missus uses a little usb thingy in her pc cos the mouse is wireless. Would this work with controller,
If you get a micro-usb to USB cable, the Xbox One controller will work fine.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just to carry this over to a more relevant thread -

Any chance you can unlock already-created players so we can just tweak our existing selves?
We're still finalising how players from the old game are handled when edited - the currently available academy version does however allow you to download and edit umpires made in DBC14 - as in any player that was shared with that checkbox for making you available as an umpire checked.

So for example if you do a search for Biggs with the umpire filter on, you'd be able to download and then edit that player. If you can report any weirdness in what happens when you edit DBC14 creations, then we can look to unlocking player editing more generally.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Just to carry this over to a more relevant thread -

We're still finalising how players from the old game are handled when edited - the currently available academy version does however allow you to download and edit umpires made in DBC14 - as in any player that was shared with that checkbox for making you available as an umpire checked.

So for example if you do a search for Biggs with the umpire filter on, you'd be able to download and then edit that player. If you can report any weirdness in what happens when you edit DBC14 creations, then we can look to unlocking player editing more generally.

this is good as I have my player and several other "real" players made properly with umpire ticked (e.g. peter willey / richard illingworth) and also some "random" umpires i made so i can hopefully give a good comparison when i get a chance

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
if you do a search for Biggs with the umpire filter on, you'd be able to download and then edit that player.

I'll try and check that out today, thanks. If you're around on the internets I'll hit you up.

Users who are viewing this thread