Review Demo impressions thread

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Online Cricket Games Owned
Regarding the catches, it is a bit of a weird system. I just press A when the ball is close to the fielder and he usually takes the catch (on skiers).

I am yet to take a slip catch (no edge for me yet), but I had a sharp chance at short leg which I had about 2 milliseconds to press A and I couldn't do it - wasn't expecting it (I don't think I've ever had a chance at short leg in a cricket video game :p)

All in all, it looks good, but it does take some getting used to.

One thing which I'm wondering though - is the AI batting as if it is the first 3 overs of a test match, or as if they are actually chasing the runs in 3 overs. I usually have made 30 odd in my 3 overs on hard, and 50% of the time, the opposition is able to chase those runs down (I can't bowl I guess :p)

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
You would hope that the AI thinks its chasing it down.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
jailbreak your iphone and you can get cycorder through cydia for videos! Its awesome

Off topic, but yes I've jailbroke it before, but it slows it right down. Theres one or two features that'd make me stay with jailbroke software, but they aren't that good.

Ontopic, I hate edges down to third man!

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
Regarding that short leg oppurtinity (I probably should've quoted, oh well)
I had an extremely sharp chance as the wicket keeper for Graeme Swann. He turned it a bit more, it bounced up and Hughes got an edge. I had a bout 2 miliseconds of reaction time, randomly pressed A Matt Prior sadly dropped it.

haqasim

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
demo

guys i just downloaded Ashes cricket 2009 in US version its look good hard to play to understand keys. those who want it in US AC2009 LET ME know

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Regarding that short leg oppurtinity (I probably should've quoted, oh well)
I had an extremely sharp chance as the wicket keeper for Graeme Swann. He turned it a bit more, it bounced up and Hughes got an edge. I had a bout 2 miliseconds of reaction time, randomly pressed A Matt Prior sadly dropped it.

Was playing with a mate earlier, he had an opportunity off Swann, to be caught by the Wicketkeeper, and caught it. Looked a beauty!

So it is definitely possible. :D

sir-spin-alot

School Cricketer
The new catching system sounds good. I have a question about it -
When the CPU Batsmen edges it do you have to control the Wicket keeper or the slips to catch it e.g. red, orange, yellow system.

Shivam990

School Cricketer
how is the gameplay of AC09 is better than the gameplay of other games?

Users who are viewing this thread