Review Demo impressions thread

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
Like crowd chants....

Yeps, and things that are so obviously out (like the ball hitting the batsman and then knocking the bails off) but being given not out.

To be fair though, I am positive these can be fixed in a patch (or by PC members, as far as the crowd goes). I think the singleplayer will be a lot of fun, but the multiplayer, be it online or off, will be cricket heaven. And it's a long, long time since we've been there (apart from 2005 of course, but I meant in computer cricket. :D )

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Yeps, and things that are so obviously out (like the ball hitting the batsman and then knocking the bails off) but being given not out.

To be fair though, I am positive these can be fixed in a patch (or by PC members, as far as the crowd goes). I think the singleplayer will be a lot of fun, but the multiplayer, be it online or off, will be cricket heaven. And it's a long, long time since we've been there (apart from 2005 of course, but I meant in computer cricket. :D )

I was being sarcastic lol...crowd chants aren't important. You'd expect it from fifa as they have been around for a long long time now. This is like a first up, don't expect to see the bowlers scratching their butts before going into bowl.

I'm sure the bugs will be fixed tbh, looks and plays a solid game...I am dire at bowling.

Radman

School Cricketer
What is the game like when playing against a second player?.

What sort of strategies batting or bowling have you tried against each other that the AI probably wouldn't try?.

Just keen to know more about what we could be in for in regards to multiplayer strategies.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I was being sarcastic lol...crowd chants aren't important. You'd expect it from fifa as they have been around for a long long time now. This is like a first up, don't expect to see the bowlers scratching their butts before going into bowl.

I'm sure the bugs will be fixed tbh, looks and plays a solid game...I am dire at bowling.

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I think crowd chants are very important to the atmosphere: they're an integral part of cricket these days. They're certainly more important than where the ball goes after hitting the damn stumps when bowling someone, that's for sure.

P

pcfan123

That's your opinion and you're entitled to it, but I think crowd chants are very important to the atmosphere: they're an integral part of cricket these days. They're certainly more important than where the ball goes after hitting the damn stumps when bowling someone, that's for sure.

I remember reading that they did attempted to get Barmy Army license but it was too expensive. Shame because that would make the Ashes even more realistic to hear the songs.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
Is that only me or anyone else having this issue?
When a full toss is bowled and u try to flick it on the legside using LB (forcing the layer to play frontfoot shot), the batsman instead chooses to play a pull and thus gets hit on the pads. Possible LBW. This makes this shot unreliable or actually u don't get the full control on ur shot selection when manually choosing backfoot or frontfoot shots..

P

pcfan123

a front foot pull shot, that sounds like the hideous shots they had in the trailers

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I remember reading that they did attempted to get Barmy Army license but it was too expensive. Shame because that would make the Ashes even more realistic to hear the songs.

So they're actually making licences now for crowd chants. God Al-bloody-mighty! :sarcasm

ganapati

School Cricketer
That's what I call a major problem that really needs sorting out, not where the ball goes after hitting the stumps!

I think the reason for not giving not out was umpire thought it was run out appeal. Iam not sure if transmission people considered that case if ball hits the batsman and goes on to hit stumps.

Last edited:

nz0003

International Cricketer
I just stumped Strauss bowling with Hauritz, It was a weird dismissal; Strauss played and missed dragged his foot out and Haddin whipped the bails off. It was pretty good, although I would of been filthy if it was me that was batting.

P

pcfan123

was the stumping auto matic or is there a system like the catching?

nz0003

International Cricketer
Automatic, I think it depends on the skill of the keeper, and whether they time it right. The bails just came off before he got his foot down.

nz0003 added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Weird thing about the stumping, the bowler/keeper appealed to the umpire at the bowlers end rather than square leg.

Users who are viewing this thread