Review Demo impressions thread

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
My impressions on looking at the demo video :
The game still looks a bit too fast, all the animations look a bit hurried. Something which has carried over from BLIC 2007/5. If you did`nt get what I mean by this, have a look at BLC 99 which I thought got the speed of the game right with respect to animations. Cricket 2004 to some extent got it right as well. All the other games have either been too slow like EA Cricket 2005/7 or too fast like BLIC 2005/7.

The defensive shots impressed me especially because the ball does`nt stop dead now when you defend and one particular defensive stroke where the ball bounced of the wicket in a defensive stroke for the bowler to stop it on his follow through was superb. Something which I have`nt seen in any other cricket game.The AI now leaves deliveries go which is again a plus.

Another thing is that the stroke animations against spinners and the pacemen should not be the same. There is a lot of difference in how you cover drive a fast bowler to how you do the same against an off-spinner. You have to generate the power against a spinner while you just place he ball and lean into the drive against the pacers. This is`nt visible in this game. The cover drive against Swann and Anderson both looked the same. I hope they change this in the future.

The crowd sounds seemed great, not the commentary though which seems to be BLIC 2007 revisited.
Some of the other feedback posted by members like Evo where he mentioned how Hughes latched onto anything on off-stump while got out to a short delivery on middle/leg sounded great! Hopefully this game will last an year at least before EA or Codies come up with another iteration.

Last edited:
P

pcfan123

yea that is a minor flaw but hardly one that affects the gameplay. Have you managed to take any catches at 1st slip of a spinner? is it notably slower than catches at slip with a seamer

nz0003

International Cricketer
yea that is a minor flaw but hardly one that affects the gameplay. Have you managed to take any catches at 1st slip of a spinner? is it notably slower than catches at slip with a seamer

My first wicket was actually a catch in slip off Swann. I haven't taken one at slip off the paceman so I couldn't tell you whether it was quicker or not. It feels like awesome when you do take a catch, feels like it was down to skill rather than in RP/BLIC where it was luck of the draw.

ps3geek

School Cricketer
After seeing all the videos I feel this game surely moves towards the right direction and if the sales support well , then we will look forward for a cracking next game from codies. I think they should stick with transmission games.

We should all understand that cricket doesn't enjoy the budget of other sports games such as the Fifa , Fight Night,tennis,wrestling franchises. But lets hope with the advent of T20,cricket grows more people take up the sport and the dev's have good sales so that they can offer us better quality games for the future.

FaWaD

Club Cricketer
I'm pretty sure the demo is different to the final build. They can't let bugs which one can find in a matter of playing the game for a few times. Overall i'm liking the game and is way better than any other in the recent times.

Btw a few more giltches as I played a little more. Sadly everytime I play the demo there are some strange issues. England while chasing needed 26 off the last 3 balls. As soon as the AI left the next ball alone the game got over. I know 26 off 2 balls is not possible but then again there can No balls etc..

EDIT: Have a look at the following photo. England still had 2 balls left..

img0017swp.jpg

Last edited:

freeshead

School Cricketer
I'm pretty sure the demo is different to the final build. They can't let bugs which one can find in a matter of playing the game for a few times. Overall i'm liking the game and is way better than any other in the recent times.

Btw a few more giltches as I played a little more. Sadly everytime I play the demo there are some strange issues. England while chasing needed 26 off the last 3 balls. As soon as the AI left the next ball alone the game got over. I know 26 off 2 balls is not possible but then again there can No balls etc..

EDIT: Have a look at the following photo. England still had 2 balls left..

img0017swp.jpg

Match Summary
Umpires O. Farooq & L. Mason. ??? :p

nz0003

International Cricketer
FTR I just got given out when playing a pull shot, it bounced off my body on too the wickets. So I don't know what happened in that video.

Hitterman

International Coach
I am sure I am not the first one in this forum to notice this.
Check this out :
You are right. The bug is clearly visible. It's the blind and confused umpire.

koeloe

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The feedback looks very positive. It is a definite buy for me. Can't wait for the PC demo.:D

Chrystovski

School Cricketer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

My xbox has just crashed after 3 years! Bloody microsoft.
I wouldn't be in a rush to buy one if it wasn't for the Ashes. The cheapest I've found a new xbox for is ?125 so to play the ashes it's going to cost me ?160. Hope it's worth it.

mareen

Club Cricketer
Apart from plantCricket the feedback has been Poor tbh.

mareen added 4 Minutes and 5 Seconds later...

Who cares?? If it hits the stumps and bowls someone, it doesn't matter where it goes after that. There are far more important issues that could be worked on!

I didnt call it to be a major flaw but its one of these things u would like to see. For eg, u dont want a side foot shot curling outside in football games do u?

When ppl here want to see after match presentation, correction of elbow pads etc, there is nothing wrong in asking for real time ball movement. Each to their own i guess.

Users who are viewing this thread