Review Demo impressions thread

Satish555

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey guys ill try to post a high quality video using my tv tuner in a couple of hours. btw what difficulty do u want me to play at? note im not a hardcore cricket gamer so dont expect me to be really good at the game cause ive only plkayed the demo once so far.

P

pcfan123

hey guys ill try to post a high quality video in a couple of hours. btw what difficulty do u want me to play at?

hardest please, also try to play shots using the incorrect footwork. Would be nice if you could post the full match

cheers!

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
For the first time ever I'm actually reading "I'm impressed" from numerous people after getting hands on a Cricket game. This alone sounds promising, and different to the usual "Oh its crap again"!

tommymac

Club Cricketer
For the first time ever I'm actually reading "I'm impressed" from numerous people after getting hands on a Cricket game. This alone sounds promising, and different to the usual "Oh its crap again"!

I'm afraid though if you look at the reaction thread for the BLIC 2007 demo: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...forum-2007/demo-impressions-thread-30770.html

Initial reactions were very similar, reservations yes but reasonably happy about the new game, and a general optimism that things would be fixed at release, and I'm really worried the same is about to happen, and we all know how that turned out!

Satish555

Club Captain
ok ill play on hard and ill upload the whole match. btw where should i upload it? since it will be HQ the size will be quite big. and ill have to encode the mpeg to xvid avi i guess so that too should take a while. hopefully ill have it up in a couple of hours. cheers.

sam1013

School Cricketer
there is a big difference in difficulty between easy and hard. The speed of the ball is realistic on hard but very loopy on easy.

rlfan82

Club Cricketer
Negatives:
- REALLY stupid AI run outs.
- AI batsmen possibly too aggressive (on hard at least), playing too many shots. Perhaps down to it only being a 3 over match and not a proper test match?
- AI bowling is poor. No real variation in where (or what) they bowl during an over.
- Bounce of the ball.
- AWFUL outfield cameras.
- Batting still too easy (when playing along the ground), perhaps related to poor AI bowling.
- Inconsistent bowling speeds from match to match for each side for no apparent reason.
- Too easy to position bowling cursor.

I'll keep playing and may report back for a my second post in what seems like years. :p

can I ask, did any of the PC testers see this when they tried it and did they ask any questions about them?

UCC-WMH

Club Cricketer
I'm afraid though if you look at the reaction thread for the BLIC 2007 demo: http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...forum-2007/demo-impressions-thread-30770.html

Initial reactions were very similar, reservations yes but reasonably happy about the new game, and a general optimism that things would be fixed at release, and I'm really worried the same is about to happen, and we all know how that turned out!

Yes, but what you're forgetting is, we're comparing it to BLIC 07, so this time we KNOW that it will be better :)

Golden28

Club Cricketer
So far I'm cautiously impressed.

Liking all the mechanics regarding the batting and bowling/fielding however, and it's a biggie, I have concerns regarding the AI as usual.

In my last match against the Aussies I bat first and scored 12/1.

When bowling I bowled virtually every ball in the yellow bowling zone so as to give them little chance to hit a 'perfect' shot.

Both Katich and Hughes swung at virtually everything. I did not see one defensive shot and only saw one leave.

Is this simply due to them treating it as a 3 over match and chasing 13 runs or is this the AI mentality of opening batsmen on day one of a test??

I was playing on hard and lost the game on the first ball of my 3rd over. Katich was 4 off of 3 and Hughes 9 off of 9.

As per BLIC07 I see not too much wrong with the basic mechanics and actually immensely enjoyed both batting and fielding but it's the AI that will make or break this title.

I read that AI batsmen now had advanced AI to acknowledge run rates etc and that is the only way I can explain the way the openers play in this demo.

I hope so anyway!

P

pcfan123

ok ill play on hard and ill upload the whole match. btw where should i upload it? since it will be HQ the size will be quite big. and ill have to encode the mpeg to xvid avi i guess so that too should take a while. hopefully ill have it up in a couple of hours. cheers.

rapidshare? or one of those types of sites.

William1692

Club Cricketer
An answer from someone with the demo would be appreciated.
After every defensive shot the batsmen turns his bat into the crease in a retarded manner. Its so unrealistic its very annoying! No batsmen does it every ball! Ive seen it on the youtube video and would just like to know if the player is doing it deliberatley, or isnt it that bad. Thanks
Will

Users who are viewing this thread