Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

A quick question
i Am getting a laptop (kind of free/v v cheap)
it has following specs
AMD A10-5745M apu @ 2.1 ghz with intel hd graphics. label says a dedicated 8610g gpu as well. with 8gb ram and ssd.
will it be able to run academy @medium-low graphics? will be making a rig for game later just want to run academy ...???

Hey guys,

I need some advice on buying a new laptop that's going to be suitable for playing DB17. I've got a Mac Air currently so cannot play DB on PC, only on XBOXONE.. Ideally looking for something that is under $1000. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks!

Hey guys,

I need some advice on buying a new laptop that's going to be suitable for playing DB17. I've got a Mac Air currently so cannot play DB on PC, only on XBOXONE.. Ideally looking for something that is under $1000. Any suggestions would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks!
Buy a gaming pc :) You will forget consoles ;)

A quick question
i Am getting a laptop (kind of free/v v cheap)
it has following specs
AMD A10-5745M apu @ 2.1 ghz with intel hd graphics. label says a dedicated 8610g gpu as well. with 8gb ram and ssd.
will it be able to run academy @medium-low graphics? will be making a rig for game later just want to run academy ...???
Dont worry! It's enough to run academy.

OMG guys..

Untitled.png

Untitled.png

The second tweet has got me curious! Now I'm really excited to know what's coming with the new update? :O Perhaps Stadium Creator? ;)

does anybody know if we will be able to share bats on the game?
I know we can share logos but then dowe have to put in on the bat ourselves?
Cheers

Hey guys,

Been following the forum for quite a few years, super excited for this upcoming iteration of the game, especially with the customization of logos / icons / bats / stadiums etc. Thinking about this, I had an idea similar to what has been created, not sure if it's feasible but just thought I would share it here:

Just as there is in-game customization abilities for the creation of stadiums and team logos (essentially allowing us to bypass licenses), would it also be possible to create an "Action/Animation" creator (for things like bowling actions/ batting technique), essentially allowing us to get player likeness in terms of animations.|

How I imagine it being is like for example, for bowling, you chose a stock action (ie. front-on, side-on or mixed for pace bowling), and you see a basic animation of the player with that bowling action. Then, there are modifiable parameters such as:

- release angle
- arm height
- release point
- Jump foot (ie. jumping of the wrong foot)
- Jump height
- Dominant leg height/bend
- Non dominant leg height/bend
- etc

These parameters obviously have to be thought through in detail, and as you edit them, you can see the basic action animation change (thereby allowing us to go from mcgrath actions to malinga actions as two examples of extremes). Something similar can be implemented for the different types of spin bowling (right arm offspin/legspin and left arm orthodox/chinaman) with different parameters, and as well with batting in terms of shots, like have basic animations for all the playable shots, and then modify them accordingly.

It may seem like a good thing to look into, might be difficult/a lot of work to implement (potentially too much?), but it would be awesome because then even playing styles in terms of graphics would achieve similarity in terms of their real-world counterparts. This can also be extended to fielding (throws), but that is probably tough to find player uniqueness, and makes more sense to have generic animations.

Let me know what you guys think!

does anybody know if we will be able to share bats on the game?
I know we can share logos but then dowe have to put in on the bat ourselves?
Cheers
Sharing will be unlocked in the future updates..Sharing is across all consoles..

Hey guys,

Been following the forum for quite a few years, super excited for this upcoming iteration of the game, especially with the customization of logos / icons / bats / stadiums etc. Thinking about this, I had an idea similar to what has been created, not sure if it's feasible but just thought I would share it here:

Just as there is in-game customization abilities for the creation of stadiums and team logos (essentially allowing us to bypass licenses), would it also be possible to create an "Action/Animation" creator (for things like bowling actions/ batting technique), essentially allowing us to get player likeness in terms of animations.|

How I imagine it being is like for example, for bowling, you chose a stock action (ie. front-on, side-on or mixed for pace bowling), and you see a basic animation of the player with that bowling action. Then, there are modifiable parameters such as:

- release angle
- arm height
- release point
- Jump foot (ie. jumping of the wrong foot)
- Jump height
- Dominant leg height/bend
- Non dominant leg height/bend
- etc

These parameters obviously have to be thought through in detail, and as you edit them, you can see the basic action animation change (thereby allowing us to go from mcgrath actions to malinga actions as two examples of extremes). Something similar can be implemented for the different types of spin bowling (right arm offspin/legspin and left arm orthodox/chinaman) with different parameters, and as well with batting in terms of shots, like have basic animations for all the playable shots, and then modify them accordingly.

It may seem like a good thing to look into, might be difficult/a lot of work to implement (potentially too much?), but it would be awesome because then even playing styles in terms of graphics would achieve similarity in terms of their real-world counterparts. This can also be extended to fielding (throws), but that is probably tough to find player uniqueness, and makes more sense to have generic animations.

Let me know what you guys think!

Good idea although i think it would be almost impossible to run as part of a game. More likely would be a system similar to what PES has where you select from loads of different set animations. You wouldn't get signature animations but at least Malinga would have a generic sling-arm action and it would look more realistic than it does now

Users who are viewing this thread