Don Bradman Cricket 17 General Discussion

passwordistaco

Panel of Selectors
I have 2 questions id like to know the answer to if I may...

1) is there any earned stats on the game like on DBC14? I played a big bash game last night and I got cam Bancroft 85* and after the game when I looked at his stats it still said HS was 72 - any ideas here?

2) in career mode in DBC14 I was able to play in Victoria domestic team but play for Sri Lanka national team - but don't think I can do that in DBC17 - if I want to play for Sri Lanka national team ill have to play for a Sri Lankan club - is this true??
In regards to number 2 I'm pretty sure you have will have to play for a Sri Lankan club to eventually play for Sri Lanka. A bit unfortunate as I liked it how you could play Australian domestic but be picked for NZ. Although it's not very realistic.

Saeglopur

County Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
If you find it easier, you can hold L1/R1 while selecting the length at the same time as selecting the delivery type and it will work - it's just explained that way as some may find it to be too many buttons simultaneously if we explained it as all happening prior to running in.

Thanks. So I can hold L1/R1 before choosing the delivery type in the first place anyway, right? I might find that easier - then at least there's still the option of adjusting the pace when running in too. I'll have a bit a play around.

kulch

Club Captain
Hmm - it should only be the team logo that causes the issue, not things inside stadiums. There's the potential that this is a related but separate issue that I'd like to get to the bottom of, when you say you deleted everything, where did you do that deletion?

in the PS system management - deleted all game data and online storage PS+ data

all my teams have generic logos from the new get best - maybe its the BATS? - I downloaded lots of bats again

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey guys, I got the patch 2 for DBC, and wanted to ask a question. I tried getting the BBL teams, but I get the false and oringinal logo beside the team name. I mean, there is the real logos on the jerseys, but there has to be a logo beside the team name. So for instance, I take the Adelaide Strikers, when Im viewing the jersey and team, I get the correct logos on the jersey but not the Strikers logo beside the team name. What do I save the team as? Current as new? Plz help.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I've been playing the game for a few days hoping it'll get better but it's only getting worse. The amount of bugs in the game is frustrating me. Did they even do some basic QA?! Most of the issues can be seen within a hour of playing the game.

The academy is completely broken. I have download custom teams and I go on to start a casual match and I am not able to change the line up before the match start. I press the 'X' button on PS4 on a player and try to replace him with another player and nothing happens. When the match starts the team has a random lineup! :mad:mad:mad:mad:mad

flake

County Cricketer
There is no stat updates they need to fix that in career mode u can see wen player walk in to bat
Yea it's not only in Career. My players who haven't got real life stats just never get any stats added to them, in Casual mode too. Disappointing.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
I've been playing the game for a few days hoping it'll get better but it's only getting worse. The amount of bugs in the game is frustrating me. Did they even do some basic QA?! Most of the issues can be seen within a hour of playing the game.

The academy is completely broken. I have download custom teams and I go on to start a casual match and I am not able to change the line up before the match start. I press the 'X' button on PS4 on a player and try to replace him with another player and nothing happens. When the match starts the team has a random lineup! :mad:mad:mad:mad:mad
Cool, so you've reported that bug in the appropriate manner already. What does this post achieve other than insult the people you're trying to seek help from?

kulch

Club Captain
So ive done another hard reboot and deleted everything. But this time i went and get best domestic teams first then intl teams. Career mode has started fine. Nowhere near as many dupe players but still a couple like wes agar and moeen ali for example. This is the best shape ive been in to begin career. Its time. My rex dolphins at Waverley oval bondi in a comp with neighbouring suburbs. I could sim this and still enjoy it

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Cool, so you've reported that bug in the appropriate manner already. What does this post achieve other than insult the people you're trying to seek help from?

What insult? I have not used derogatory words. All I asked was if they did a QA process or not. Is BA is trying to help? I'd believe that if they had presented a list of issues fixed in their patch 2. It'd show how many of the issues reported in the bugs thread have been addressed.

I see this attitude from forum folks here is that no one is supposed to voice their negative opinion here. All are supposed to hail the lord BA Studios. Maybe I should try emailing BA directly and vent my frustrations of paying USD 70 on a half baked game and avoid forum elders who get all grumpy.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have not used derogatory words

Insults doesn't necessarily have to be all derogatory.

Is BA is trying to help?
They have already released a patch and are working on another one as we speak. If that's not helping, what is?

Also, I think Snowy's point was that since you've already reported this in the bugs thread, what was the use of moaning about it in another?

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
What insult? I have not used derogatory words. All I asked was if they did a QA process or not. Is BA is trying to help? I'd believe that if they had presented a list of issues fixed in their patch 2. It'd show how many of the issues reported in the bugs thread have been addressed.

I see this attitude from forum folks here is that no one is supposed to voice their negative opinion here. All are supposed to hail the lord BA Studios. Maybe I should try emailing BA directly and vent my frustrations of paying USD 70 on a half baked game and avoid forum elders who get all grumpy.

You conveniently ignored the part where I said 'you've reported that bug in the appropriate manner already'. @asprin has it spot on.

Stop with this bullshit narrative that you can't voice a negative opinion. 'Forum folks' get frustrated when the opinion is presented in a hostile, non-constructive or inflammatory/overly-emotive manner. "Did they even do some basic QA?!" being a perfect example.

Are you aware of this thread stickied to the top of the forum?

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Insults doesn't necessarily have to be all derogatory.
Yes, true. Like I feel insulted for being ripped off my money for this game.

They have already released a patch and are working on another one as we speak. If that's not helping, what is?
It is still highly unclear what that patch 2 does. I had asked this question in another thread but it is considered blasphemy to question.

Anyway, the standard reply from folks here would be that I should return the game and stop complaining if I don't like it. I'll stop complaining and start hoping everything is fixed magically and that EA would again start making cricket games. I'm done here.

Users who are viewing this thread