FOOTBALL Fifa 15/16

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
The one thing that is often overlooked (but very important) is changing badges. For eg., if I win the PL in career mode, I should have the golden PL badge, if I get relegated, I should have a Championship badge on my arm. Has this feature been included in the current game?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
The one thing that is often overlooked (but very important) is changing badges. For eg., if I win the PL in career mode, I should have the golden PL badge, if I get relegated, I should have a Championship badge on my arm. Has this feature been included in the current game?

That's probably down to some sort of licencing BS - you'll never see that in Fifa in my opinion. It's not 'very important' either - how often do you actually see what badge the players are wearing?

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Hopefully this year we'll finally get proper team celebrations, instead of just two guys celebrating while the others stand around looking bored. Said it before, will say it again - just look at how PES handles it EA. That's all you need to do. While we're at it, nick PES' fluid and organic offsides.

From PC Gamer:

PCG: How about those new 10-man bundle celebrations?is that something that?s contextual or are players able to trigger them in the same way they do other celebrations?

NC: It?s contextual. You can still do your usual user-controlled celebration at the beginning of it, but the 10-man part is contextual, based on the kind of game it is, and how meaningful the goal is.

That sounds like not only are the celebrations finally in there, but they've also been seen - does anyone have a link to footage? Truly, if those celebrations are in, then that's yet another nail in PES' coffin - the only thing in Fifa that felt lacking on the pitch was the goal celebrations - now if we have proper 'bundle celebrations' depending on the importance and timing of the goal, that concern goes away. :)

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
That's probably down to some sort of licencing BS - you'll never see that in Fifa in my opinion. It's not 'very important' either - how often do you actually see what badge the players are wearing?
Iirc EA holds licenses for most of the leagues in Europe/South America. They could implement the badges for those leagues. It was a bit odd to see Accrington wear League 2 badges when they were participating in the EPL :p

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think I've seen it in one of the videos on EA's website. Almost the entire team going up to celebrate in front of the camera. Not sure which one, but check out all of the videos. They're great. :)

http://www.easports.com/fifa/features

Looks fantastic - hopefully all these features will make it into the PC version and we won't have a Fifa 11 situation, whereby we had the new engine but exactly the same game...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
And that?s where the game?s much more convincing attempts at creating emotion come into play. Your team is now governed by a mood system, a parameter which starts out at a neutral state, but can quickly tank to nervy, depressed levels if your keeper makes a mega gaffe. Equally, if you score a screamer to equalise in a crucial derby, your men become extra motivated and play that much harder

Aaand the 'scripting' conspiracy theories will begin in 3..2...1...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, it took 'em long enough but it looks like EA have finally got some emotion into the offsides! Look at this video around 10:10, when Messi volleys into the net:

He clearly gets up to celebrate and then realises it's offside - which is how PES does it! About time, EA!

Last edited by a moderator:

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Well the Brazilian league won't be in Fifa which means ut will miss tons of overpowered players. :(

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Who cares :D ^

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Just got back from holiday to see an email about Fifa 15 and damn me if EA haven't actually done something useful with the Premiership licence at last! All 20 stadiums, all with proper chants and unique atmosphere, along with 200 new player models. About bloody time, EA. Fifa 15 is going to be something special!

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
Would love to play a game at the Stadium of light, just imagine that!

ParkedTheBus

International Coach
Profile Flag
Australia
The "changing hairstyles" feature mentioned in twitter would be really cool. According to this idea, players keep changing their hairstyles over a period of time.

Users who are viewing this thread