India in Pakistan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Sachin_007 said:
Totally man..Dhoni should deserve all those rankings that he got...He is good in under pressure...His future is so bright and if he works on his wicket keeping..he can be like Adam Gilchrist..

I know right but sachin didnt play that well in this series...but his 95 was a memorable 95...I guess...

Oh Come on! Sachin played really well in this ODI series! He got 237 runs and picked up 2 wickets that of Inzamam Ul Haq in two matches and bowled a very tight line and filled in extremely well as the fifth bowler! He showed signs of getting back to good form with three good innings. He had only one single failure with the bat in the 4th game at Multan!

17th rank is definitely harsh on him!

prarara

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
rudeypooh said:
You have to find weaknesses in the opposition to get the upper hand.
Eg.
- if a batmen plays well to legside bowling - you dont bowl on the legside.
- if a batsmen plays full length bowling with confidence to decrease his confidence you bowl short deliverys with the odd yorker.

One teams disadvantage is the other teams advantage, which is known as a Strategy, which im afraid Pakistan did not have in the ODIs.

But if a person is in pain, you don't exploit that. You can hit a person when he/she is down and win, but that isn't 'proper'... There is a thin line between exploiting a weakness and hitting someone when they are 'down.'

Last edited:

inzi_fan

School Cricketer
saisrini80 said:
Oh Come on! Sachin played really well in this ODI series! He got 237 runs and picked up 2 wickets that of Inzamam Ul Haq in two matches and bowled a very tight line and filled in extremely well as the fifth bowler! He showed signs of getting back to good form with three good innings. He had only one single failure with the bat in the 4th game at Multan!

I think the higher up you r in the rankings the easier it is for yuou to fall. One bad inning can do the damage.

BTW, this is the first I logged on this site since March 2005. It has changed a lot since then, for the better.

cricket_lover

International Cricketer
Rankings don't mean much..do they?
Lara and Tendulkar not in top 10? may be for now...but all time yea!

Tendulkar did well, came back strong. I'm sure he is hungry for more, against England.
Dhoni is the find of the year 2005..for India. I hope he can remain consistent like this.

Its a very good team..without Ganguly and its settling down. ODI cricket needs youngsters, you need that energy.
Test cricket requires experience.
The best example is Yuvraj
He played against Australia et all, when he did not have experience and then kicked out of the team. You don't want that to happen to a youngster. When you are in test cricket, its because you are experienced or atleast, ready to face the pressure.
Thats the reason why i think India should re-call Ganguly for the test series.

prarara

International Cricketer
One thing, could people stop giving me negative 'reps' for stating my opinions. They are in no way contradictory to 'reality' and if they oppose your ideologies please don't chide me for them. For instance, I called a Pakistani fan's clinging to the past record saddening, and was chastised because I did not 'accept the facts...' please refrain from dragging your personal dogmas into this reps system, which I believe is supposed to be based on objective reasoning and decision making. If you persist, I will not take any action, but you will do nothing more then to mar this system and use it for your own personal vendettas and other such sordid affairs ammounting to the nadir of this website.

Shoaib87

School Cricketer
Once again,congratulations to the Indian team & all of Indian fans for a well deserved ODI series victory against Pakistan.It was a nice team effort & really a nice display of good batting,bowling & fielding.The performance of Indian youngsters e.g Yuvraj Singh,M.S.Dhoni & R.P.Singh was really impressive in this tour.

Last edited:

rudeypooh

Club Captain
prarara said:
But if a person is in pain, you don't exploit that. You can hit a person when he/she is down and win, but that isn't 'proper'... There is a thin line between exploiting a weakness and hitting someone when they are 'down.'

I never said hit him lol i said bowl yorkers and short lenght balls to make it harder for him to play the shots, resulting in his wicket, no head shots mate.

But for sure Yuvraj/Dhoni amazing players. :clap

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
saisrini80 said:

Well his injury and the long phase during which he was out of form, pushed him down the rankings.

If he continues the form he showed the ODI series against Pakistan, then I am pretty sure he will make back into the top 10.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
rudeypooh said:
Like when Yuvraj hurt his leg, Pakistan should be dropping yorkers at him and short balls forcing him on his bad leg, thats what you call tactics.

I can call this unsportive .
I know u never said hit him...but...it's difficult for an injured batsman to play yorkers.

Inzy called his obstructing the field desition itself as unsportive then he'd call bowling yorkers or balls unplayable by a batsman injured in his leg as inhuman.
:eek:

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
sorry to dig it up again.
He was outside his crease & in the line of the stumps when the ball came towards him & he hit the ball with a perfect cricketing shot.He could have ran back to his crease or moved away.Raina didn't throw the ball at the bowling speed of Shoiab Akthar.So there was no posibility for him to get injured.
He was given out as per rules by the umpires(whom I think are not idiots).

See what point 2 of Law 37 states:
2. Accidental obstruction
It is for either umpire to decide whether any obstruction or distraction is wilful or not. He shall consult the other umpire if he has any doubt.

Simon Taufel consulted Rauf,decided & gave him out.

Last edited:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
As per the laws, Inzy was out. He had no business playing a wonderful straight drive to a ball that was being thrown in an effort of running him out, when he was a meter and a half outside the crease. The law, though, is debatable.

viral1991

International Cricketer
We have had a very good series, India in Pakistan.

Inspite of those two test matches, the 3rd Test & the ODI series were very good.

And this thread even beat the Ashes thread, which is a good achievement for this series!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread