India in Pakistan

Auwais

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Close of Play, Day 1

India 1st innings: 287 (Yuvraj 112, Gul 5/31)
Pakistan 1st innings: 61/1 (Farhat 25*, Balaji 1/21)

Pakistan trail by 226 runs

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
Indians taking things very lightly. They think that winning the first test is like winning the entire series.

They did it England, South Africa, Australia .......etc. Bad show by the formidable Indian batting lineup.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
It was amazing the way, Yuvraj Singh played. He was batting so comfortably at times, seeming that it was a very good batting track, but I dont understand how the other players threw their wickets ?

TheGame

School Cricketer
In the corner of a dark room with nothing in it bu
This is how it started:
Rahul Dravid won the toss and elected to bat, thinking that the moisture on the ground would fade away in 20-30 mins. But he wasn't aware of how much moisture there is.
Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammed Sami continued thier silly bowling and were getting smashed. Umar came in, who was able to swing the ball caused some trouble to the batsmen, and in his second over he got Sehwag who get a little carried away and was still thinking about his triple hundred. Then Tendulkar, this was really hopeless...anybatsmen couldn't have played such a ball, too much swing and Tendulkar counld't do much about it.
I wouldn't say that the batsmen threw thier wicket away, the pitch helped the bowlers a lot and umar Gul's brilliant line and lenght bowling paid-off.
I am really waiting to see Pathan bowl tomorrow, early morning, moisture, grass I think he would cause some serious trouble to the Pakistani Batsmen.

I think this is going to be one amazing Test Match, I wish good luck to both teams, and I wish that UAE gets to play a Test too.

TheGame

School Cricketer
Lunch in second day of 2nd Test.
A slow session but still action packed. Soe great bowling by the Indians:
Pathan 16-8-25-0
Balagi 15-5-39-1
Pathan has bowled brilliantly but unlucky hasn't got a wicket yet. Agarkar has been a bit expensive giving away 43 runs in just 10 overs, sort of a one day stat.
Pakistan is batting at a pretty slow rate and I think this is what the Indians should be worrying about. Yasir Hameed looked promising but threw away his wicket. Imran Farhat is doing a great job, he had played pretty ood against he South Africans. INZIMAM, a really slow game from him and whenever he plays so slow and he survives till his 30-35 then soething happens to him and starts playing the Test as a ODI (12 runs in 41 balls). And if he gets into the rampage then the only way to get him out is to run him out. India really needs to think about this otherwise they will be in some serious pressure, and they might even lose the game :/
2nd session about to commence and hoping to see a faster game by the both teams.

TheGame

School Cricketer
Well, he did get his century but got out too.
He has played a great innings and has done his job, now it is on the others to make a good total.
Pakistan has enough time to do so, Inzimam said he will bat the 3rd day as well if his team lasted and will declare in the last session tomorrow, a pretty good strategy.

India really needs to get some wickets, and as I said Inzimam is going to burst any time now, he freaks me out when he passes his half-century.:)

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 2

India 1st Inning 287 (Yuvraj 112, Gul 5/31)
Pakistan 1st Inning 355/3 (Farhat 101, Inzi 118*) (Balaji 2/63)

Pakistan lead by 68 runs with 7 wickets remaining in the 1st innings

T20

Panel of Selectors
I see Bucknor is back and doing his share :mad: $#^@&#*($#

sunil ojha

Club Cricketer
I see Bucknor is back and doing his share

Well this man slowly but surely loosing his reputation with his consistent performance of bad umpiring.

TheGame

School Cricketer
3rd day of the Indo-Pak 2 Test:
What a day it has been, fall of wickets and some brilliant shots played, everyone doing thier part in this game.
Pakistan havind a bad start to the day, losing Inzimam in the first over, lbwed by Pathan a great delivery Inzimam had no chance. Then Balaji takes out Yohanna, a good line and length delivery Yohanna gets an edge and straight to the keeper. Kamran Akmal Pakistan's wicket keeper couldn't do much and followed his seniors, just scored 5 runs and had his taste of the ball. Shoaib Akhtar batted good, so did Umar Gul...but a disappointing way to get out, tried to pull Tendulkar's bowl and hit the wicket with his foot. But Aslam Kamal shined for Pakistan, I remember his 99 against South Africa and thought he would do better here today but got out on Kumble's ball trying to sweep. A great innings played by Aslam Kamal, a youngster but knew what he had to do, shielded the tailenders and was supported by them well...and I am sure he can do better.

Pakistan were all out giving the Indians a lead of 202 runs, and which is quite reachable.

Indian's having a real bad start, Chopra given out on Shoaib Akhtar's bowl for a lbw, was there a edge from the bat? Soon later Dravid gets runout, a mix-up between the batsmen...great throw by Imran Farhat, direct hit and Dravid was way out of the crease. Tendulkar looked promissing but Sami's in-swinger had him in great trouble, hit him on the pad and Taufel raised his finger...everything happened so fast Tendulkar started walking. And then Laxman gets bowled on Umar Gul's bowl, and Yuvraj getting an edge on Sami's ball and held Kamran Akmal.
All the Indian top batsmen were getting out but one man stood firm, V.Sehwag. What an amazing player, proved he can still make a big score anytime it is needed. Every indian has his eyes on Sehwag, he is last hope for the Indian's...can he get triple hundred again...he is in great form.

Rangeela

International Coach
2nd Test Stumps Day 3

India 1st Inning 287 (Yuvraj 112, Gul 5/31)
Pakistan 1st Inning 489 (Farhat 101, Inzi 118) (Balaji 3/81, Pathan 3/107)
India 2nd Inning 149/5 (Sehwag 86*) (Sami 2/61)

India trail by 53 runs with 5 wickets remaining

Darren

Club Cricketer
Looks like 1-1 on the cards! Should make for an interesting third test.

TheGame

School Cricketer
Originally posted by Darren
Looks like 1-1 on the cards! Should make for an interesting third test.

I think Pakistan will be under pressure even if they win this Test match, or should I say they are not confident enough.
This was clearly visible before the start of the first Test, at start the pitch had some green on it (like the one in this match) but the Pakistanis got it made flatter because they feared that the Indian bowlers might do well on the pitch. But the Indian batsmen proved stronger and smashed a huge total. I wouldn't be surprised if the Pakistanis get the pitch made the same as it is in this match.

Tomorrow, Pakistan need to get Sehwag out in the early overs if they are thinking of an innings win. But Pathan would definitly be the next batsman, he was very unlucky in the first innings, I really wanted him to get his half-century. Wonder how he will play tomorrow...anyways good luck to both the teams, another one-sided game I gues. But quite exciing too...

I also want to see who will be out for the third Test, Ganguly is coming back. It is kind of difficult for him now to decide who he should rest now that the batsmen gave a bad performance. P. Patel, Y.Singh and Chopra, I think it would be one of these guys...I really think P.Patel should be out and Dravid should take the Keeping, this way the Indian's would get a better batting line-up, only if Ganguly can do some good :p

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread