India tour of WestIndies - June/July 2017

S

Satan666

Taking nothing away from the WI but India have self destructed today. Kohli has been very dissapointing of late and his weakness to the short ball is more apparent. Age is not on Dhoni's side anymore, cant blame him for this loss.

Amazingly the WI pitches are turning out to be great in the last couple years, low scores on small grounds.

Well so much for India trying out a 2nd team, lmao!

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Holder bowled with all his might! Great match that... Want to see such matches more often!

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think I would look at giving this side a run and then review the likes of MSD, Yuvraj and Jadhav- I would dispense with Rahane & Dhawan immediately!

Pant
Rahul
Kohli
R Sharma
Raina
Pandya
Jadeja
Kuldeep
B Kumar
Shami
Bumrah

S

Satan666

I think I would look at giving this side a run and then review the likes of MSD, Yuvraj and Jadhav- I would dispense with Rahane & Dhawan immediately!

Pant
Rahul
Kohli
R Sharma
Raina
Pandya
Jadeja
Kuldeep
B Kumar
Shami
Bumrah

I'll put in Gambhir for Rahul and Umesh for Mr No Balls.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Taking nothing away from the WI but India have self destructed today. Kohli has been very dissapointing of late and his weakness to the short ball is more apparent. Age is not on Dhoni's side anymore, cant blame him for this loss.

Amazingly the WI pitches are turning out to be great in the last couple years, low scores on small grounds.

Well so much for India trying out a 2nd team, lmao!

Dhoni must surely be blamed for this. Its not the first time either. His strategy of taking it deep does`nt work anymore. I have`nt seen it succeed since 2013. Its painful to see him bat these days.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Let's not put the reason for the loss on "overconfidence". Credit due where due.

WI choked India and that's exactly what happened. If Dhoni took 100+ balls to hit his first boundary, that definitely must have been brilliant bowling and not mindless blocking. A totally deserved win for WI.

LiveLoveABD

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni can still go some. The worst thing is he still bats like he's the captain.. extra responsibility and stuff! Someone needs to pull him aside and tell him that he's free!

And, I will repeat a million times- MSD is done as a finisher.. he's done it for too long and he deserves to bat higher now. I feel if he's to play he is to play at 4! Also, I was weeping about how casual and lazy Jadhav is.. I can't believe he's still in the side!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Dhoni must surely be blamed for this. Its not the first time either. His strategy of taking it deep does`nt work anymore. I have`nt seen it succeed since 2013. Its painful to see him bat these days.
It was just painful to just watch him blocking the whole time. Taking it deep never really worked because wickets fell all around him and the required run rate was rising so there was no way the job could be done.

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
As much as dhoni failed others will have to be blamed too. Our new "finishers" Pandya, Jadhav and Jadeja too for going through that stupid shot.[DOUBLEPOST=1499141132][/DOUBLEPOST]Anyway, next match will be interesting to watch as it won't be a dead rubber. WI have chance to level the series.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Our new "finishers" Pandya, Jadhav and Jadeja

Plus Kohli, they all gifted their wickets. That is where overconfidence comes into play.

Jadeja is hopeless as batsman, not really sure why he is still around in ODIs. The way he ran out Pandya in finals and the way he got dismissed in the situation where team needed him the most, Jadeja needs to go out. His fielding is biggest plus but unless we need him as a bowler in last 4 spots, it's going to be waste of a spot in lower order.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
I really don't blame 'all' the players in the team. I agree that most of them played poor shots and gifted their wickets. But they are not the ones who are to be blamed.

MSD, being the senior most and experienced player in the team with more than 250+ games, he shouldn't have played so many dot balls. He knew that the wicket is slow and scoring is not easy. He should've scored some runs (boundaries) initially so that it wouldn't cause any pressure. It was he who played a slow game to bring down the morale of the team along with pressure on youngsters. Pandya, Jadav are the assets for the team and having them and grooming them with more 'experience' will help them increase their maturity for facing such pressurized situation.

As I already said before, Jadeja is part of the squad just for his fielding. We can have a better batsman and fielder in place of him. India is not short of talents. Let's hope we can find a good, experienced and balanced squad before WC19.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Brilliant performance by Westindies team, At the start it appears that this series will be one-sided but the way Windies have bounced back given them hope to level the series, Atleast now they can compete at the 5th ODI with nothing to loose position. To my surprize, I wonder what is happening with Indian team combination, Why too much sudden changes in the batting order and lineup? Why fans are suggesting quite many changes? I mean they were great before the CT final, Does the CT final affected the entire morale that much? Maybe... But In my view, The lineup played in CT was perfect with one or two changes here and there.

Users who are viewing this thread