India v England 2008

I Sharma bowling really well,very economical,KP playing captain;s knock,he is standing tall there at the wicket,RR is around 5,if they dont loose wickets,they will easily get to score to 250,lets see..

Yeah I don't understand England's batting lineup. Why don't they ever consistently persist with the same lineup and see how it goes? KP is the only one who bats at 3, and that's about it.Shah getting moved around doesn't help matters either.

England keep using Flintoff too high in the order, when he comes in and has to stave off a collapse or block and play patiently he is useless. He is far better lower down the order when he can come in and take a few balls to get his eye in, then accelerate and start hitting out.

Good to see Collingwood being used ahead of Flintoff in the order now, but Shah should also be going in ahead of Flintoff too.

Flintoff should never bat higher than 6, unless England are chasing a huge score and have a solid platform from which Flintoff can just come in and start teeing off.

275 is definetly possible at the moment. Shah and KP are looking very good. It's nice to see England playing well for once and against a pretty much full strength Indian team :)

england look to be posting a decent score, it's been a while since I saw an indian batting collapse, so we're well overdue for one!

kp is class

I knew I was right about Owais Shah. He's been top class in this series so far, he's definitely England's 2nd best One Day batsman at the minute. I knew he'd come good in international cricket at some point, he really needs a go in the Test side now.

Zaheer's been a class act since the 2 right handers came in and the powerplay was taken. He struggled with the right hand-left hand combination early in the piece, but is back to his best now. He really is dynamite at bowling yorkers and keeping it quiet at the end of the innings.

Shah should have been batting above Collingwood and Flintoff as well, it'd be like India relegating Yuvraj to number 7 today. Doesn't make sense.

Angry rant continued...

Why do England persist with Cook in the one day team, at his worst he will just get out cheaply, and at his best he will score maybe 5 an over on a belter if he is lucky, and then his team will be praying he gets out just so someone who can actually hit the ball with a bit of power can go in.

Good to see Pietersen at 3, that's the best place for him, he's the number one batsman in the team, and the captain, so I'd like to see him leading from the front and batting there in the test team too (Not that I like the annoying so and so or get any pleasure out of seeing him do well against anyone bar Australia).

Pietersen looking good for a ton here. England always make good scores when KP makes runs, so a good blitz from Shah at the end could really help set a decent total. We need to make the most of the last 3 overs of this powerplay though, the best over we've had so far in the PP is 7 off it. Need to be getting 10 an over in these batting powerplays tbh. Just so long as we don't lose a wicket we'll be in a good position.

I think for the next match our line-up should be:

Cook
Bopara
KP
Colly (Colly and Shah can swap around)
Shah
Patel
Flintoff
Prior
Swann
Broad
Harmison