Mar 20 - India vs West Indies

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Odds from bet365

India vs West Indies from the Chepauk Stadium, Chennai

Ashwin surely has to play today, if he doesn't Dhoni is one of the worst captains of all time.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Ashwin and Raina both will get games today. The SC has claimed that every player will get a game before the QF. Sehwag is doubtful for this game though.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I am expecting to see Raina in for Sehwag (if unfit) or Yusuf. Ashwin should get a game replacing Munaf or Nehra.

khaleel

Club Captain
yep,i guess Windies will be better off to play for us.who knows,maybe India is also fearing facing OZ in the first knockout round??;)

Owzat

International Coach
Here's hoping for a WI win, don't want to be playing India with our side in a mess.

Both groups should have been playing decisive matches at the same time. I know as it is cricket and TV wants to televise big matches it won't happen, but there is always a chance a side might contrive a result to gain their most suitable QF opponent.

India might not mind playing the aussies, but they might and so they could contrive to lose deliberately yet with a degree of subtlety to let West Indies finish second.

South Africa vs New Zealand
2nd in Group B vs Australia
3rd in Group B vs Sri Lanka
4th in Group B vs Pakistan

Not that there is much to choose, all capable on their day. Is it yet known which QF is being played where because neither BBC nor Cricinfo makes it clear? There might even be an element of trying to get a certain venue, or a longer or shorter period between matches, cricket is very bad for scheduling. Surely everything should be sorted out before the tournament and last matches set to be played as simultaneously as possible, certainly the likely deciding ones ie the anticipated top four.

mohit_dude10

Club Captain
Not that there is much to choose, all capable on their day. Is it yet known which QF is being played where because neither BBC nor Cricinfo makes it clear? There might even be an element of trying to get a certain venue, or a longer or shorter period between matches, cricket is very bad for scheduling. Surely everything should be sorted out before the tournament and last matches set to be played as simultaneously as possible, certainly the likely deciding ones ie the anticipated top four.

India would actually fancy playing Australia rather, They are struggling against spinners and slow bowlers, where as Sri Lanka wont be threatened much by our spinners.

India will play their QF in Ahemdabad even if they play against Sri Lanka as Host teams are allowed to play at home. India gets to choose because India was seeded higher than Sri Lanka before the tournament started.

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
India will play their QF in Ahemdabad even if they play against Sri Lanka as Host teams are allowed to play at home. India gets to choose because India was seeded higher than Sri Lanka before the tournament started.

That's a good thing to know bro. We will play in India only in QF.

I would prefer playing AUS safer than playing against SRI, as M factor might make things worse for India. On the other hand, by winning today's match, Indians can come hard against Australian spinners. Their fast bowling also can be attacked by Sehvag & Tendulkar at will. :thumbs

Owzat

International Coach
Thanks for the info. Still not sure I'd be so keen to play the World Cup winners of the last THREE competitions and only beaten for the first time in 34 (?) matches.

I know there is a cliche that you have to play the best side at some time, but in reality you'd want an easier game first and play the best team, if you have to, last/in the final.

For instance, I'm sure Man Utd might have to beat Barcelona to win the Champions League, but I'm guessing they'd rather play a few easy sides first and hope Barcelona get beat in the QFs or SFs.

I don't reckon there will be any contriving, but I'm sure you can see how there could be if losing meant playing say West Indies instead of India (in a completely made up scenario)

crazyrahul

Club Cricketer
If Sehvag is not fit, My Playing XI for today's match would be:-

Sachin
Gambhir
Raina
Virat
Yuvraj
Yusuf
Dhoni
Harbhajan
Ashwin
Zaheer
Sreesanth

No chance for MUnaf or Nehra ;)

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
great to see that nehra is gone, was surprised they chose him in the first place against south africa, and ashwin comes in... finally.

Users who are viewing this thread