Mar 8 - New Zealand v Pakistan

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
well razzak big hitter if he goes then i support you...common razzak rock it all over the ground no pressure be like this;-
hula_dance.gif

Its flamy time happy birthday Ross Taylor
dow7ci.jpg

Last edited:

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Afridi may be out cheaply but i'll tell you one thing from the neutrals point of view. He is the most loyal servant that Pak cricket has at the moment. He isnt like Misbah & Co. who just abandoned all hopes of winning altogether & screwed up the required rate. Usually at 45-5 any skipper would give up hopes of a recovery & wouldnt even dare to keep abreast with the asking rate, but not this fella ..... he came tried his level best to score quick (which was what was needed & also the only thing he knows) and went down doing it. I think his intent was very clear & his intentions were good but, he just doesnt have the skills to go Boom Boom the way Sehwag goes (mind you he also isnt 100% successful always, but still he is miles ahead of Afridi).

In terms of a pugilist its like saying "He has Power but no Stamina" and to go the distance you need "Stamina". I think as a batsman i'd rate Shahid on an equal footing as Yusuf Pathan who also like Afridi "Plays for the Team and not for personal gains".

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Afridi may be out cheaply but i'll tell you one thing from the neutrals point of view. He is the most loyal servant that Pak cricket has at the moment. He isnt like Misbah & Co. who just abandoned all hopes of winning altogether & screwed up the required rate. Usually at 45-5 any skipper would give up hopes of a recovery & wouldnt even dare to keep abreast with the asking rate, but not this fella ..... he came tried his level best to score quick (which was what was needed & also the only thing he knows) and went down doing it. I think his intent was very clear & his intentions were good but, he just doesnt have the skills to go Boom Boom the way Sehwag goes (mind you he also isnt 100% successful always, but still he is miles ahead of Afridi).

In terms of a pugilist its like saying "He has Power but no Stamina" and to go the distance you need "Stamina". I think as a batsman i'd rate Shahid on an equal footing as Yusuf Pathan who also like Afridi "Plays for the Team and not for personal gains".

Yeah, After hitting that six his reaction was like very angry...

offdriven4

Club Cricketer
i agree with that,Whereas Misbah came in and just set his stall out to not get out,at least afridi tried to turn the momentum of the game back in pakistans favour

Kabooka

International Cricketer
well razzak big hitter if he goes then i support you...common razzak rock it all over the ground no pressure be like this;-
hula_dance.gif

Its flamy time happy birthday Ross Taylor
dow7ci.jpg

Aaaah ....... my head hurts

2a6vaj6.jpg

Grammar Fairy is gonna be all angry with you !

India Cricket

Banned
To bad:( pakistan is in bi big trouble 87-6 after 24 overs really newzealand has outclassed pakistan:facepalm

jacobfelix

International Coach
Those last 6 overs proved very costly for Pakistan. Had they restricted NZ to just 240-250, their mindset during the runchase would have been different. But that sudden blast by NZ batsmen really devastated them...

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Last 5 overs got NZ almost a 100....individually speaking that is the fastest 100!!! This is a dead match now and a lost cause for Pakistan and they should look forward towards their remaining matches. The biggest consequence of this match will be that now contrary to what Afridi wanted, Pakistan may have to play their knockout matches in India.

Last edited:

jacobfelix

International Coach
Last 5 overs got NZ almost a 100.....

Yeah....An aspect to be noted by every cricket playing nation that Cricket has changed drastically....for ex, Lets say a team is chasing 280 in 50 overs and by 45 overs they slip to 180/6 or so....Here, previously we used to consider the match as a formality sake & bowling side usually relaxes at this stage...but now, bowling side has to remind themselves that anything can happen what with mavericks around...:p

Last edited:

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I am happy with this loss as it will give Afridi and company to pick the right balance. They weren't tested at all in last 3 matches and this match shows that they are one bowler short.
Kamran Akmal is garbage, Pakistan must get rid of him and keep Umar Akmal behind the stumps.
I already said that what can Razzaq do on No.8, even if he hit a fifty in this position it will not change the outcome of any match.(Example is this match)

Now for Pakistan's sake they must forget this match as early as possible and concentrate on the upcoming matches.

Sureshot

Executive member
I'm still baffled by the continued exclusion of Saeed Ajmal.

Pakistan need to keep going here, Run Rate could play a major role in quarter-final draw.

Users who are viewing this thread