Pakistan tour of Australia (Dec 2016 - Jan 2017)

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
@Umair2000 Shafiq might not be Tendulkar, but he´s certainly a better batsman than the whole Australian lineup, except Smith and perhaps Warner :)

Khawaja is as good as Shafiq! if not better :)

PS : Renshaw and Handscomb you can't compare them with Shafiq they are new to Test Cricket! so yeah calm down !!

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Australian Pakistani that both upcoming tests are ours

Is it targeted towards me ?? IF YES then I can assure you I never said that !

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Khawaja is as good as Shafiq! if not better :)
Remind me of his record in the subcontinent.
PS : he's better than Burns and Voges, who played in those positions before.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
Remind me of his record in the subcontinent.
PS : he's better than Burns and Voges, who played in those positions before.

Burns is a good player !! he can come back but it will be hard [Bancroft/Patterson/Lehmann/Head are all waiting!]

As for Khawaja he needs to work on his batting against Spinners :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Is it targeted towards me ?? IF YES then I can assure you I never said that !
He was talking about a guy on tv who, when interviewed by Ian Healy, said that Pakistan would win the next two matches.
Lyon & Richardson :D
India are quite good too at making mediocre bowlers look great. :p
As for Khawaja he needs to work on his batting against Spinners :)
I'll be surprised if he doesn't get eaten alive by Ashwin in India. He looked horribly out of sorts in SL.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
India are quite good too at making mediocre bowlers look great. :p

I'll be surprised if he doesn't get eaten alive by Ashwin in India. He looked horribly out of sorts in SL.

Richardson is average! but Lyon has done a good job but the pace at which he bowls won't help us in Asia hopefully Lyon will bowl a little slower :)

Marsh will come in for Maddinson !!!
Khawaja who will replace him ? Head/Patterson & Lehmann they need to play some test in Aus! Bancroft looked good against Spin (Aus A vs Ind A) but then again I would give Uzzie another chance !!

My Biggest Concern right now is Wade keeping!

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Pakistan played this well than I'm sure they will do well at Sydney and Melbourne where they don't need to cope with the pace of the Gabba wicket. I think Smith should resign even though Aus won. I believe the team will do better under Warner.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
If Pakistan played this well than I'm sure they will do well at Sydney and Melbourne where they don't need to cope with the pace of the Gabba wicket. I think Smith should resign even though Aus won. I believe the team will do better under Warner.

Are you kidding? Smith is a pretty decent captain. Of course it will take him time to adapt to captaining an international side but it would be demoralising for him if they replaced him after such a short time period.

Velocity

International Coach
India
SRH...
Avengers
Profile Flag
India
Of course it will take him time to adapt to captaining an international side
He already captained the side for nearly a year and a half, and that's enough time to adapt. The team is not doing so well under him anyway.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
I don't think we should bring Sohail Khan in, he isn't fit enough for Test cricket imo. He won't be 100% in the second innings. Imran Khan is a better option,

Misbah looked like he was finished when he was batting. He should call it a day after this series. And even though Younis did perform, there's no point of him continuing after this series. Fight like a champ and retire like a legend. Azhar, Sarfraz and Asad have shown that they can carry this team along. Once Misbah and Younis are gone, we will need someone like Fawad to stabilize the middle order and a young batsmen like Fakhar Zaman.

But for now, let's show the Aussies what we are capable of :p

Yeah I am all for Imran but Sohail bowls well with a new ball, He has both ways of swinging deliveries. Either Imran/Sohail are better for the team. Rahat is a no option even if he takes a fiver. He doesn't posses the bowling attitude. I believe fast bowling is 70% skill and 30% attitude and for a genuine fast bowler its 50% skill and 50% attitude.

I see your point of Younis Khan, the thing is that he wants to score 10,000 runs for Pakistan I think he should given a fair chance to call for retirement when he completes 10,000 runs.

I have high reservations over Misbah attitude and his captaincy but so far there is no choice except him.

PS: Asad Shafiq has a lot better sound technique than Smith. Smith is a good batsman, has scored many runs with his efforts but technically he is not that sound.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
Surely Younis Khan should be given some sort of a penalty from the team management. What was the need to hit a reverse sweep in a Test match, that too in an innings where the prime objective was to stay out in the middle for as long as you can.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I might be slightly late to the party but this was the match of the year for me. I only hope that Asad Shafiq now graduates into a great test match batsman. He surely has the skills required to do that. Batsmen of short stature (physical) generally do well in Australia. Pakistan need to play smart in the next test and somehow keep them in the game by scoring 250-odd at least. This Australian side is prone to collapsing and is definitely beatable. Go Pakistan!

Users who are viewing this thread