Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Hi!

Was playing an online Test against a buddy last night on PS3. Patch 2 installed.

The following glitches happened:
1. Buddy bowled a No-ball. So the next ball I was going for an aggressive shot. He bowled my stumps. Since it was a free hit ball, I shouldn't have been out, yet my batsman was given out and he walked. Aargh!
2. I bowled my buddy on the stumps, bails flying. He wasn't given out. Double aaaargh!! No no balls in the over.
3. The fielders have no urgency when going to get a ball. They just casually saunter to the ball. No amount of screaming get them to move faster. Lol!

!

hi, I think in test match there is not the free hit for no ball (you can change
the option). The second problem seems a bug, but I haven't seen it in the game. The third bug also happens to me ^^

So glad I ditched the console in time for playing this game - smooth 60fps, much better graphics, mods... No performance/saving issues, more frequent version updates...

You have to expect any game at this stage of the generation to not perform too well, it's running on 2006/7 hardware... I'd say the 'next generation' will end up going the same way, but it already seems to be there! Games running at 720p or 30fps at the console's launch is pathetic, and even the ones which do achieve 1080p/60fps have much worse graphics than the PC, as well as not having mod support.

The hardware in the PS4/Xbox One is garbage by today's standards, the XB1 in particular.

Consoles... Never again!

#pcmasterrace

Last edited by a moderator:
The world of gaming will never be truly free until every console is destroyed by quadcopter drones.

Hi!

Was playing an online Test against a buddy last night on PS3. Patch 2 installed.

The following glitches happened:
1. Buddy bowled a No-ball. So the next ball I was going for an aggressive shot. He bowled my stumps. Since it was a free hit ball, I shouldn't have been out, yet my batsman was given out and he walked. Aargh!
2. I bowled my buddy on the stumps, bails flying. He wasn't given out. Double aaaargh!! No no balls in the over.
3. The fielders have no urgency when going to get a ball. They just casually saunter to the ball. No amount of screaming get them to move faster. Lol!

Anyway, I love the game, lots of fun. Just hoping the above issues will be resolved soon?

Thanks!

Issue 1 , is because there`s no Free Hits in Test Cricket.
Issue2 & 3 have been introduced by Patch2 , and will in all hopefullness be fixed in upcoming Patch 3

So glad I ditched the console in time for playing this game - smooth 60fps, much better graphics, mods... No performance/saving issues, more frequent version updates...

You have to expect any game at this stage of the generation to not perform too well, it's running on 2006/7 hardware... I'd say the 'next generation' will end up going the same way, but it already seems to be there! Games running at 720p or 30fps at the console's launch is pathetic, and even the ones which do achieve 1080p/60fps have much worse graphics than the PC, as well as not having mod support.

The hardware in the PS4/Xbox One is garbage by today's standards, the XB1 in particular.

Consoles... Never again!

#pcmasterrace

I feel almost the oopposite. I hate pc gaming. 30 years I've been pplaying gaming nerd but it's pretty much always annoying. Driver conflicts, constant upgrades of hardware, expensive, shitty input devices... The mouse and keyboard... Horrible. Blue screens, lag, chippy frame rates, size, noise etc

Granted the hardware of consoles is behind current pc but that's why it's so good. They achieve so much with so little. Plus the added benefit of the big TV and couch. (yeah you can hook up the pc to the TV but it's only usable with games that use console controls)

Then there's sound, console is much better.. Genuine Dolby digital live instead of eax and other such stupid concepts. The rare DDL sound cards just don't work nearly as well even on the few games that support it.

I don't see myself getting rid of my pc.. But I have no desire to ever play games on it if there's any way to avoid it.

Issue 1 , is because there`s no Free Hits in Test Cricket.
Issue2 & 3 have been introduced by Patch2 , and will in all hopefullness be fixed in upcoming Patch 3

Ok, thanks for the pointer on issue 1. However, the commentator still did the whole thing about the only way you can get out is through a Run-out. So maybe they just need to change that for Tests.

Sure , that might be a Commentary Bug . I tend to not listen to them too much , but rather check the on screen messages for clarity.

I feel almost the oopposite. I hate pc gaming. 30 years I've been pplaying gaming nerd but it's pretty much always annoying. Driver conflicts, constant upgrades of hardware, expensive, shitty input devices... The mouse and keyboard... Horrible. Blue screens, lag, chippy frame rates, size, noise etc

Granted the hardware of consoles is behind current pc but that's why it's so good. They achieve so much with so little. Plus the added benefit of the big TV and couch. (yeah you can hook up the pc to the TV but it's only usable with games that use console controls)

Then there's sound, console is much better.. Genuine Dolby digital live instead of eax and other such stupid concepts. The rare DDL sound cards just don't work nearly as well even on the few games that support it.

I don't see myself getting rid of my pc.. But I have no desire to ever play games on it if there's any way to avoid it.
Pretty much none of what you've said is actually true though.

Driver conflicts - At least with Nvidia and MSI (my GPU/mobo), it's all done automatically and is no more complicated than a console firmware update.

Constant upgrades of hardware - The PC I put together in January is well in advance of both of the consoles, and I'll get superior performance to them throughout their generation with no upgrades. I'll only need to upgrade if I want to stay at completely max settings or go to 1440p/4K or 120Hz (none of which are a possibility on 'next gen'... 1080p is barely even standard).

Expensive/shitty input devices - The Xbox One controller is ?35 and the PS4 controller is ?45 on Amazon, not exactly cheap themselves... You can also use most console controllers on PC anyway.

Mouse and keyboard - Without a doubt the mouse is a more responsive, accurate and precise input device for aiming in shooters, and much more intuitive for navigating menus and maps for strategy games and general usage.

Blue screens - Usually indicates a hardware fault, can easily happen on console too.

Lag, chippy frame rates - This is completely the opposite on a decent PC... I get a smooth uninterrupted vsynced 60fps on all but the most demanding games on highest settings, where it may drop to the 40s or high 30s. Many console games struggle to hold 30fps. GTA V for instance has horrible framerate issues. If you have framerate issues on PC you can usually solve them by reducing the resolution/settings or upgrading if necessary. On console you are stuck with games that perform horribly with no solution.

Size, noise etc - Down to how you build it and how much space you have... I have plenty of space so I got a big soundproofed case so neither of those are a problem for me. My Xbox 360 on the other hand can be heard from the other side of the room.

They achieve so much with so little - They turn all the settings down to pretty much below whatever the minimum a PC will do and manage to get a 'playable' framerate, not exactly a premium gaming experience.

Sound - Never had surround sound myself but you can set up studio quality audio on a PC and listen to FLAC music in it's finest quality.

Couch and TV - As you say, you can do this on PC anyway and Steam Big Picture mode gives you the same functionality as a console's 'dashboard'...

Last edited by a moderator:
What are the minimumi spec requirements for pc? I have a 6 month old laptop that might be specked enough to play game.
From the Steam store page;

Minimum:
Processor: Pentium Dual-Core CPU E5700 @ 3.00Ghz/AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor 3.01Ghz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Radeon HD 6670 or NVIDIA Geforce GT520 with Min 1GB Memory
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 2 GB available space
Additional Notes: Controller Required

Users who are viewing this thread