Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

The frame Rate for PS3 is definatley an issue post patch 2,

The cut, drives and pull shots going in the air also needs to be sorted,

If these are addressed will be pretty much perfect,

The PS3 frame rate issue is caused by the memory requirements needed to keep logged on to PSN and manage friends lists etc. It's a problem that has arisen for quite a few games. If you log out of PSN, the frame rate issue eases, or even disappears for the most part. Of course this is no use if you want to play online, but for single player it seems to work, at least as far as I have seen.

As for what has caused this to be an issue with DBC all of a sudden, I really don't know. It could be the patch 2, or it could have been a firmware update. Anyway I hope it is fixed by whomever soon.

The PS3 frame rate issue is caused by the memory requirements needed to keep logged on to PSN and manage friends lists etc. It's a problem that has arisen for quite a few games. If you log out of PSN, the frame rate issue eases, or even disappears for the most part. Of course this is no use if you want to play online, but for single player it seems to work, at least as far as I have seen.

As for what has caused this to be an issue with DBC all of a sudden, I really don't know. It could be the patch 2, or it could have been a firmware update. Anyway I hope it is fixed by whomever soon.

That might explain why my guys in QA tell me there is no frame rate difference - no friends :p

We will try this tomorrow :)

That might explain why my guys in QA tell me there is no frame rate difference - no friends :p

There are times when I'm not logged in to psn and still face the frame rate and stuttering issues on PS3. The best example of the same is when you play through the off side or though mid wkt/square leg region and the ball goes far enough for you to take 2-3 runs. There's a sudden stuttering as part of the ball slowing down and it almost feels like the stuttering/frame rate is part of the "ball being slowed down on the outfield" piece.

There are times when I'm not logged in to psn and still face the frame rate and stuttering issues on PS3. The best example of the same is when you play through the off side or though mid wkt/square leg region and the ball goes far enough for you to take 2-3 runs. There's a sudden stuttering as part of the ball slowing down and it almost feels like the stuttering/frame rate is part of the "ball being slowed down on the outfield" piece.

But it eases the problem, or it does for me anyway. I can at least play the ball out of the bowler's hand without it hitching.

----------

At the very least Ross, I'll try and hook my PS3 up to my capture card to grab a video of it happening.

Bold not out bug is not fixed in patch 2. When i played with my friends online i got more than 5 times in a innings. I believe it was said it would be fixed. And another thing is in some pitches ball keeps so low unable to play it. When is the patch # 3 is to be released?

And May i know what is the purpose of normalize skills option in multiplayer??

Last edited:
Has anyone managed to get a nick on veteran mode? Im playing on a green seamer and still struggling, havent had one

Hi

Thanks for the feedback on this. I must be honost thow. It might help a bit on your side but i never play online and i am never logged on to PSN except for downloading updates and teams and i am heavily affected by the frame rate issues.

I didn't notice any issues before P2 and it is pretty severe now.

I even deleted everything, loaded the game again, uploaded the top teams again and it is still pretty bad.

Ross, i know you are not seeing anything on your side but please have a look at this when the MS issue is sorted as there are a few people affected.

I am also trying to see if there aren't quick fixes.

Regards

B

Certainly interested to see clear video of this.

Certainly interested to see clear video of this.

The funny thing is, I tried to capture a video of the PS3 version yesterday, but sod's law came in to force. Whilst recording, I had no hitching or frame drops while bowling or batting, but the only noticeable effects seemed to be when the ball was hit to the boundary.

This obviously is not the extent of what I wanted to demonstrate, but it just never happened. Perhaps it was because I was recording? haha :lol

If you're familiar with quantum physics, perhaps it was the observer effect ?

Last edited:
The stuttering frame rate is definitely when the umpire signals something, or momentarily after the ball heads into the outfield (usually past the inner circle)
I should add, that I don't play games online, so as such, have no friends on my PSN account, so in my particular case, it isn't because of 100 plus friends.

Ross, please answer me know.. will the bowled not given out will be fixed in patch 3?

I've done a search for "shah82" and I find no mention of a crash from you - have you posted about this? If not then this is for you :facepalm

you are good in answering but fail to understand why so many people are keep complaining about screen stuttering issue. just keep asking them to upload a video because you don't trust them and you don't want to accept the fact that game is really having a lagging issue after patch 2. don't misunderstand me please i am a huge fan of your game as I'm playing non stop on my ps3 since it came out. if you really think that this issue doesn't exist then why there are so many users complaining about lagging after patch 2? why not before? do you really think we are making it up? lol

anyway accept it or not thats your game and have it your way. all we can do is ask. at the end of the day you have done a great job and we appreciate it. hope to have your understanding here.

hope to get an answer in plain english as its not that easy to understand your awesome english for some asians here. :cheers

Users who are viewing this thread