Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

ohyeahtotally

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Only thing im slightly confused about, so maybe someone can confirm. On PS leave ball has been added to X...ok fine but i assume we can still use R3 if we wish, correct?
I like it on R3, i wont be able to move my thumb off RS over to X in time if we cant use R3 anymore. @Ross, is R3 still in?

----------

Should of make pro difficulty a little easier on batting and a little harder on blowing !

LMAO...is there something Ross aint telling us!

----------

For me, using a face button (A) will make it even more difficult to leave balls purely on merit. I usually keep my thumbs on left / right stick and fingers on triggers. Having a separate button would mean I have to pre-meditate a leave instead of choosing it after seeing where the ball is going. Granted - even the earlier system for leaving was difficult. Apart from this, all other changes look great and I feel it will be a very different game post patch #2 .
This

Edit: wonder if lmao counts as text speak.
Wheres Dutch xD

Last edited:

joejoe018

Associate Cricketer
With Patch 2, will rookie and amateur be like super easy and slogging everything for siz because I played on rookie for quick match mode in a T20 and got 599/8

CallyT

School Cricketer
Awesome stuff. Looking forward to giving it all a try.

Small issue (and pretty daft time to ask!) - in Career mode if you simulate you don't get to watch your player walk out to bat, you're put straight in at the crease/non-striker's end with no cut scene. Just seems a shame, is all.

If this is one of the additions not mentioned in the patch notes then please ignore!

Otherwise bravo on taking such a proactive approach to supporting the game.

I brought this up ages ago also, I find this very anoying also, i like to see the stats lol, Looks like its in for the change though, awesome.

Last edited:

billionaiire

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Excellent set of changes for the next patch. By the way, did we get a chance to improve the camera angles following the ball for after a shot has been played?

EDIT: As I posted on another thread, everything else sounds great except this - - Option to take win/loss for online matches that finish early (disconnect).

Last edited:

HBK619

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant
Should of make pro difficulty a little easier on batting and a little harder on blowing !
Aside from the Freudian slip , that's what has been done, effectively.
Good to see a dedicated post-release effort by BigAnt. Kudos to the whole team!

Talking of issues fixed, was 'getting out caught off free-hit' on the list?
I am not 100% sure on this, I know it was on our list to fix, but not sure if it quite got in. I'll check on it on Monday.

Just had a thought.....

I recall Ross stating that injury animations and effects should have been in original release but were going to be introduced in patch 2. Did this make it and just hasn't been documented or is this now patch 3?
Animations for being hit are there for patch 2, but they are fairly subtle to ensure that players don't step out of their crease or do things we don't want them to do.
Only thing im slightly confused about, so maybe someone can confirm. On PS leave ball has been added to X...ok fine but i assume we can still use R3 if we wish, correct?
Correct.
With Patch 2, will rookie and amateur be like super easy and slogging everything for siz because I played on rookie for quick match mode in a T20 and got 599/8
Rookie and Amateur are still easy enough, they correlate to 'Easiest' and 'Easy' as difficulty levels, so you'll still find yourself taking plenty of wickets and hitting lots of runs if you so wish.

SpitfiresKent

ICC Board Member
ZIM...
Profile Flag
England
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Top work from Big Ant this, much appreciated but I think you've forgotten to add 'Big Eye - Ant Vision' (as seen in MattW's video)...Unless it's been removed from patch 2?

manivirk56

Club Cricketer
captain issue

one thing that i want to be done in patch 2 is that if become captain in career then i should have the right to change the team and positions.plzz do this its a req.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Top work from Big Ant this, much appreciated but I think you've forgotten to add 'Big Eye - Ant Vision' (as seen in MattW's video)...Unless it's been removed from patch 2?

Not all things added are in the list, Mike or HBK will need to confirm Ant Vision (I've been away from the office interstate for a few days).

----------

I should add that we cannot release the patch until both Microsoft and Sony allow it - I am hopeful of the 6th as planned but it's out of our hands.

mikeymerren

Big Ant Studios
Big Ant

Yep, this is in the patch, one of those things we added very quickly after the initial patch, so missed the list when we put together the additions on Friday.

ultimates

Club Cricketer
I remember hearing from Ross that there is an option to taunt or sledge the batsman when bowling..?? Is it available in the game..awaiting the pc release with excitement..!!

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:thumbs you guy's are class,thank's for being honest/helpful/not stopping to improve what must be the greatest cricket game ever that i have no doubt you guy's will continue to make the game fittingly with using the name don bradman=great.i know of atleast 5 friend's who lurk this forum mostly on/off and like me a pc owner,they can't wait to buy this game when released for pc and i really can't wait,thank's again. :thumbs

Last edited by a moderator:

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
@BigAntStudios You guys changed the gaming world of cricket. Hats off for all the support and efforts trying to make this game better and better. Patch #2 sounds great but few things like wearing a cap while batting when we want, wristbands while bowling, shades open up while bowling, opening the helmet after a century,few more bowling actions for every type of bowling, improvement in graphics while it's sunny, cause the graphics seems awesome under floodlight or so. And the captaincy given away easily and after that anything new to do or achieve? I guess not but maybe not in this version hopefully in the next game next year. But anyways best cricket game till now and i am sure you guys will do better. FYI the career mode idea in thjs game was intelligent, that's the thing that attracts me so damn much can't even touch any other game. Kudos to all ya guys! :thumbs :clap

Users who are viewing this thread