Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
Its a shame about there not really being a penalty for getting drilled by one. I think something could be done about it, say for instance your confidence drops by half. Anyway it would be good to get something in place to stop people letting themselves get hit and not evading and not caring if they get tattooed. If people play that way it creates bad batting habits.
Each to their own though...[/QUOTE]

One of the very few good things about Cricket Revolution was that if you were hit by a ball you went into a "rattled" mode for the next few balls which affected your timing

CallyT

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just hope batting in internationals is a little easier

the difference in my players ability between first class and international is ridicolous

Couldn't agree more it's one of the most annoying things for me. Daniel vetori for instance looks like a swing bowler when you face him at international level.

barjatya

School Cricketer
Couldn't agree more it's one of the most annoying things for me. Daniel vetori for instance looks like a swing bowler when you face him at international level.

i specially registered on this forum to say that i couldnt agree more about vettori
its an uphill task to face him , first you have to combat the swing and if you are lucky to combat it then 75% of the time you will edge it to the keeper.

Vans

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360

I second that! It's ridiculous! I mean u have the same attributes but all of the sudden u can't leg glance for shit. You block any ball and I will be edged. Or you block a spinner and it's like a swing bowler and beats the bat. I've scored one 50 in career for my country in odi but wow it was with luck.

CallyT

School Cricketer
I second that! It's ridiculous! I mean u have the same attributes but all of the sudden u can't leg glance for shit. You block any ball and I will be edged. Or you block a spinner and it's like a swing bowler and beats the bat. I've scored one 50 in career for my country in odi but wow it was with luck.

Yep, I wouldn't consider myself any mug with the willow in the game, I have made scores of 157 etc in career and on pro I average nearly 30 in both odi and first class. I am lucky to eek out 0-10 in international level.

I can handle a jump in difficulty but its just so frustrating that facing the same bowler in pro and then in international is totally different. It needs addressing tbh. I hope it has been. I want to play on pro lev minimum but i don't want this drastic change in the bowling physics.

maddy420

Banned
man of the series in tournament i wana see it cause i score lot of runs highest runs in tournament and no rewords

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
man of the series in tournament i wana see it cause i score lot of runs highest runs in tournament and no rewords

Isn't scoring all those runs, MOTM awards and bein selected for internationals reward enough? Gee you'll be wanting extra money to sing your national anthem next!?

maddy420

Banned
and what if i score lots of runs in international level ..so plz add man of the series in this game

madman981

Club Captain
You guys are 100% right about Vettori

Listen I agree, I do want it to be more difficult, but being able to play simple shots in FC but just an outright bunny In Internationals can get frustrating, I dont know what to do, yet I am getting there, Ive scored 9 50's between international 20/20's and ODIs but thats 9 scores of 50 in a combined 53 games...

I really should be dropped, Im just hanging on here.... I really cant see myself lasting long enough against the unbelievable spinners to make a 100....

International stats are

t20I - 26 matches, 631 runs @24.3, 5 50's HS 93
ODI - 27 Matches, 567 runs @21.0, 4 50's HS 56

The other thing i noticed is

T20I - Very hard
ODI - Extremely Hard
Test - I can only imagine these woudl be impossible!!!

Last edited:

Blinder

Banned
I think BA have misrepresented the step up in difficulty from first class to international level. In real life, the step up in difficulty comes down to the fact that you're playing against the best of the best.

Facing Dan Vettori at domestic level is still the same as facing Dan Vettori at International Level. At international level they don't use different super balls or play in magical conditions that makes it harder to get bat on ball.

Often at international level the pressure to hold your spot in the side, and being able to adapt to testing conditions overseas (pitches, weather) is often the difference between flourishing in domestic ranks and floundering at international ranks (eg: Graham Hick, the Indian Cricket team playing anywhere outside of the sub-continent).

I think that instead of increasing the difficulty as you step up to international level, instead there should be some onus on playing to keep your spot in the side to replicate real life. That is where the pressure to perform comes from, and performing under this pressure separates the best from the rest.

Unfortunately once you make it to the test team there is no incentive to keep performing, cos you never get dropped. There are also no special milestones to strive towards eg: man of the series awards, world cups, international rankings system. And when you play a test series in the sub-continent or in England you're just as likely to play on hard, pristine pitches in dry conditions as you would be playing in Australia. This is what the game misses. ICC did all of this well. Even SWC 99 had playing conditions that typical of the location where you played.

And this is another reason why, along with the other shallow features of career mode (no customisation, injuries, form, team changes, distinguishable pitch effects, weather effects that replicate weather conditions typical of world regions) that I don't go near the mode with a ten foot pole. Id rather replicate a test series or competition using the other modes where I can customise team line-ups based on performance and customise playing conditions.

Last edited:

BlackDevil

School Cricketer
We don't need to restart after patch 2 so there is no change of other player's stats or skills right?

Users who are viewing this thread