Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Compared to PC? Or compared to the original PS3 launch?

The latter, the loading/scoreboard screen seems to take a bit longer on my PS3 than it previously did.

PC is crazy fast. My online was great tonight, until Matt's crashed.

This patch has made the game so much better. Being able to start at age 21 with more batting ability makes it a lot less frustrating, as do the net sessions to practice shots! Great work BigAnt :cheers

I had an event yesterday evening (PC) more momentous than the patch...

After 101 overs of bowling on veteran, and a further 70.04 overs of bowling on pro, I got an edge. Thankfully it carried (just) to the keeper.

When I have finished my current game (got 6 wickets to bat out a session and a half for a draw) I am gonna play against rubbish side and see if I can get more edges there

My first day of leave and I wake up to a patch update, coincidence? I think not. Thanks Ross and @BigAntStudios as always you guys are almighty tweaking awesome!!!!

@HBK619 : Why doesn't the red circle appear when fielding?? Not able to see where the ball is...

it's a minor detail of the game, but it is not a simple algorithm.

you need to take into account:
performance of 22 players
the overall balance of performance (lots of 100s, few wickets)
pitch conditions and how that should be weighted against runs scored/wickets taken
match situation when the performance was made, and how that should be weighted
effect of a given performance on the overall result
the result
"real-world" bias towards awarding it to the team that won
"real-world" bias that a guy scoring 120 will tend to be awarded it over a guy taking 9 wickets in the match even on a good batting pitch

it's bloody complex.
We've had numerous debates in the office about how the MOTM gets divvied out. Often stating "this is wrong, come and have a look" only for the one's who look to have just as divided opinions as each other.

The general consensus is that you can usually pick from a number of players, and none are really the 'wrong answer' just not necessarily right in your own eyes. But that can also depend on the person, do you see X amount of runs with low ball count as more important, or wickets despite letting in a fair few runs as better? Do you see a X amount of runs with double the balls faced count as better than someone who has taken only a couple of wickets but of the most crucial batsmen in the lineup or just at the right time of day?

We have that algorithm in there, taking into account just about all you mention and some things you didn't. Fact is, you can't satisfy everyone and as long as you're choosing one of a few who do truly deserve it, you can't really deem it to be that wrong.
Turn off aerial marker

Doesn't just turn off the marker in the field it completely removes it.

Not really playable without it.

Cosmetic only, no big deal. That must be some problem though, was supposed to be fixed in p1, is in the notes for p2 hopefully third time the charm.
It was a requested feature for patch 2. If you want the marker then turn aerial marker on. There's no problem.

Fact is, you can't satisfy everyone and as long as you're choosing one of a few who do truly deserve it, you can't really deem it to be that wrong.

...and doesn't that pretty much describe every MOTM ever awarded in real-life? Art imitating life.

...and doesn't that pretty much describe every MOTM ever awarded in real-life? Art imitating life.

exactly. as you pointed out earlier with your "h@ng ups" post, it is first and foremost a ridiculous thing to get so overworked about, and utterly ignorant to consider it a "simple algorithm" when it can be debated ad nauseam in real life.

@HBK619 :What would be reason for stuttering gameplay [not always]?? Its happening after the patch as I never has that issue...

It was a requested feature for patch 2. If you want the marker then turn aerial marker on. There's no problem.

Im pretty sure no-one requested that it be turned off for bowling too.

It was a request that it be gone for fielding, just like it says in the patch notes.

It is a problem, albeit a tiny one.

oh my god!!!!!! its a bird.....its a plane......it's mr. lame sumperman......no it's DBC 14 patch 2 for ps3.........damn...finally

Users who are viewing this thread