abhi_jacko

National Board President
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Lol apology for what? You don't deserve an apology...in fact you owe me an apology for selling me a game full of bugs for $60.

Why you so hype about this??? People are already reporting issues with it. Can't you guys get anything right? Lame developers! You release a patch and then another patch to fix bugs caused by a previous patch. Lol

Should we tell ATMega169P the truth ? I think its time .. I think we should tell him :spy

ATM - the truth of the matter is, this whole DBC shenanigan has been an elaborate prank on you by team DBC + PC. This game was developed with the sole purpose of trolling you. No one us have actually spent any money on the game because it was never actually released. BigAnt folks basically developed this 'hyped up game' just to mess around with your head. And PC members tagged along. We have weekly meetings to discuss how to troll you next. While it has been a very satisfying journey, I think this is the right time to end it.

No hard feelings I hope. You can go ahead and delete the game .. it was entertaining while it lasted

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Stutter is both on offline and online gameplay...Played both...

How's the online gameplay now on ps3? Have the earlier bugs disppeared? Also, in online gameplay (10 over match), does the powerplay overs field restrictions force you to have 2 fielders outside the circle or 3?

Asham

International Coach
Kings XI
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@BigAntStudios Can we expect some mods in PS3.PES is the game where mods are installed into PS3 via options file.

neelesh

School Cricketer
Thanks Big Ant team for wonderful game and thanks Ross for being so supportive in providing post release support...Hoping to see many more releases of DBC in future and since I am an IT professional hoping to join big Ant studios one day and contribute to this wonderful project

superfreddie

Club Captain
Couldn't wait to start a new career on amateur with a 21 year old so batting would be easier for me. Got out first ball of my first innings, ha. Loving the new patch, thanks bigant, no more runouts strolling to the crease is a godsend and big eye on previous ball is great.

I know there will probably be a patch 3 request thread soon but initial suggestions from me would be a correct and useful front foot square drive top of list and economy rate for bowlers showing on scorecard.

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So I resumed my 360 career save which was to be a test match vs south africa. My first test match, got an edge off petersen in the 11th over at 44-0 and keeper took it, i appealed and the bowler clapped his hands as how he does when umpire gives it. However it didnt go to the umpires finger and the batsmen isnt walking and its just stuck there with everyone standing about. :(

gonna have to reboot 360 and of course I'll have no wicket :noway:(:mad

geezajob

School Cricketer
Is it just me and I dont understand why but since patch 2 ive noticed a much sharper picture like the graphics have been sharpened up can someone explain this please?

zombieian

International Coach
So I resumed my 360 career save which was to be a test match vs south africa. My first test match, got an edge off petersen in the 11th over at 44-0 and keeper took it, i appealed and the bowler clapped his hands as how he does when umpire gives it. However it didnt go to the umpires finger and the batsmen isnt walking and its just stuck there with everyone standing about. :(

gonna have to reboot 360 and of course I'll have no wicket :noway:(:mad

Exactly the same thing happened to me. I reported this issue in an earlier post.
No replies as yet.

ellgieff

Club Captain
It would be a brave person that had studied law (assuming you did) that would claim "There's no jurisdiction ..." for anything.

There is many a case of people being charged with theft and receiving stolen goods for digitally copying software and/or information. I have no idea why you would say otherwise. I studied some of the prominent cases at law school, there are recent cases as new a month ago.

The most prominent recent case is of the Hoang brothers in CA where they were charged and pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to receive stolen property between 2010 and 2012 and one count of grand theft of personal property in the form of movie and television titles.

As above, they have been for a long time and are to this very day charged with that *exact* crime.

PS: Sorry Matt, I'm a law nerd, if I didn't write code I'd write law :)

Yeah, Rowdoss had already shown me to be wrong - I took it to PM because of Matt's post above to admit I was wrong, and now I guess I have to do it here.

Sorry Matt.

Copyright Infringement clearly can be considered theft, legally :(

saulman55

School Cricketer
Sooo patch 2. Im fairly disappointed. Some welcome additions but more errors as well. Feilders have gone from superhuman sprinters to complete idiots. It may just be me but my batsmen now hit every single cut shot in the air. The batting ai is slightly better but its still mostly either middle of the bat or miss all thats changed is they middle it more often, watching the ai nail 92 mile and hour outswingers bowled accurately is getting tiresome even more so when a rank long hop gets chipped to cover or mid off.field placings are still shocking patch 3 anyone ?

Cobhamcc

Banned
well. i want to buy it for sure. but in my currency it'll cost 3600 TK to buy it. and i can't afford it at this moment. but i surely want to buy the game in future when i get the money.

But yet you have the money to buy a system to run the game or did you steal that as well.

It's people like you that make the games designers and publishers push their prices up for us honest gamers. So If i was you I'd get a job and pay your way. I hope that BA can find your user name and ban you from playing the game somehow you dirty thieving scumbag.

Please ban this guy for openly admitting to piracy

----------

Lol apology for what? You don't deserve an apology...in fact you owe me an apology for selling me a game full of bugs for $60.

Why you so hype about this??? People are already reporting issues with it. Can't you guys get anything right? Lame developers! You release a patch and then another patch to fix bugs caused by a previous patch. Lol

Name one game that has never had a bug you muppet.

zombieian

International Coach
Sooo patch 2. Im fairly disappointed. Some welcome additions but more errors as well. Feilders have gone from superhuman sprinters to complete idiots. It may just be me but my batsmen now hit every single cut shot in the air. The batting ai is slightly better but its still mostly either middle of the bat or miss all thats changed is they middle it more often, watching the ai nail 92 mile and hour outswingers bowled accurately is getting tiresome even more so when a rank long hop gets chipped to cover or mid off.field placings are still shocking patch 3 anyone ?

It is very difficult to keep the ball on the deck now. Another point. Because I was having trouble hitting the ball along the ground, I hit, perhaps, 10 shots straight back to the bowler, who dropped every single one.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
One of the only reasons patches have to be resubmitted is if they contain game crashing bugs. Not that surprised to hear the patch has led to 'stuttering.' I imagine they're knock on effects of whatever was causing the crashes having been semi-resolved.

A little worrying that the patch has increased the instability of the game. I's a slippery slope from there.

saulman55

School Cricketer
It is very difficult to keep the ball on the deck now. Another point. Because I was having trouble hitting the ball along the ground, I hit, perhaps, 10 shots straight back to the bowler, who dropped every single one.

It doesnt seem to be every type of shot for me just cuts and pulls every single one flies through the air. I thought id test the batting ai on each difficulty, starting at its easiest big mistake ! Russia have just passed 50 for no wicket, i'd say about 50 play and misses without an edge and lots of runs coming from 4s through the covers as the ai middles yet another drive. Fair play to those of you sticking at it and thanks for having a crack at cricket big ant but this game just doesnt do it for me

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
It is very difficult to keep the ball on the deck now.

This is not a bug, it's a user-error and timing issue. There's a clear distinction. They can't provide fixes for people not being good at playing the game. Suggest anyone having trouble keeping the ball on the ground hit the practice nets, because honestly that's where I ironed out a bunch of timing issues I had against spinners, took about an hour of practice... it's supposed to be a challenge. Alternatively, dropping down a level in difficulty is also a good way to get a grip on timing.

I'd say 2 out of every 6 balls I face I can play the same shot and time it fractionally late and get two different results when I set the bowling machine to hit the same spot every ball.

Just set the ball at a speed/length you find challenging and practice.

EDIT:

...and for what it's worth my XBOX controller on PC is vastly more precise than the PS3 equivalent that I use on console. The PC version/controller, for me, seems to be superior in getting the shot exactly where I want it to go.

Users who are viewing this thread