Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Murphy im on xbox 360 it came on my screen saying the game needs downloading and then I pressed the downloading button and it downloaded patch 2 I assume its the same as ps3 it was automatically sent to the consoles hope it helps

pfunkboy

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

ravenswood7

Associate Cricketer
I've been playing the game post patch 2 I've noticed that ure skill points go up much quicker in rookie mode yes I know its easy but its satisfying knowing that. I played Australia v Bangladesh in competition mode on amateur scored 608 and the fielders are in much more realistic positions had 3 slips and a gully for most of the time of the faster bowlers played the spinners easier than before but had at first, listen to this 4 slips! of the spinners to start of with which is not realistic ive had Bangladesh at 181 for 7 and its taken me 75 overs so they have fought because in the past ive bowled good teams like SA out cheaply and I have never taken the new ball before patch 2 it looks like im taking it now for the first time. Just saying that from my experience batting seems easier and bowling a lot harder in terms that u don't bowl teams out quickly in terms of overs and they score more runs even on easier levels.

Napoleon

Banned
Hello PlanetCricket!

I am a keen enthusiast of this game and am very happy to find a community that shares my keen interest.

I have some queries regarding batting, and how you good people approach an innings, whether it be in career mode or outside of that in tournaments and casual mode.

I played the game heavily when it first came out. Now that patch 2 has arrived I feel that batting in Pro difficulty is more challenging.

However, I am having some success with using the L2/R2 triggers (ie: ground shots) as opposed to the "normal" shots which seem quite aerial in this patched "edition" of the game.

How do the successful batsmen out there playing on the higher difficulties (above amateur) go about building an innings? Do you block out the first few overs to build confidence? Do you utilise the shot modifiers?

Thanks

Regards

Napoleon

richowebbo

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Just set up two new careers, playing as different teams, to test the save exit issue. Both stalled once exited and on the save screen. My game is broken. : (

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Well i bought two versions because the patch was so long in arriving so hope i make up for one dead pirate. Sad to hear you havent even broken even yet. I guess sales wont exactly be accelarating now either

D

Dutch

Hello PlanetCricket!

I am a keen enthusiast of this game and am very happy to find a community that shares my keen interest.

I have some queries regarding batting, and how you good people approach an innings, whether it be in career mode or outside of that in tournaments and casual mode.

I played the game heavily when it first came out. Now that patch 2 has arrived I feel that batting in Pro difficulty is more challenging.

However, I am having some success with using the L2/R2 triggers (ie: ground shots) as opposed to the "normal" shots which seem quite aerial in this patched "edition" of the game.

How do the successful batsmen out there playing on the higher difficulties (above amateur) go about building an innings? Do you block out the first few overs to build confidence? Do you utilise the shot modifiers?

Thanks

Regards

Napoleon

@Napoleon
Welcome, and have a look here...

http://www.planetcricket.org/forums/don-bradman-cricket-14-forum/my-batting-advice-88980.html

Lynyrd Skynyrd

School Cricketer
hi guys its my first time posting in this forum. Firstly hats off to Ross and the Big Ant team for making such a great game. i was waiting eagerly for patch 2 and like with many more people around here i also faced frame rate issues.

Dont worry i am not here to moan. i think i have found a fix, i will need feedback from you guys though to tell me whether it works for everyone.i am on ps3 though. ok so i created a new user on ps3 and basically started DBC 14 from scratch.

i created a new profile after installing patch 2. note that i did not delete my first profile i simply created a new user to check. My game has had no frame rate issues since.

Please tell me whether it works for you. It may also fix the crashing issue of save and exiting during career mode but i never faced that issue to begin with.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ross: Thanks for "X" leave button...Am able to use that effectively...:thumbs

neelesh

School Cricketer
Well i bought two versions because the patch was so long in arriving so hope i make up for one dead pirate. Sad to hear you havent even broken even yet. I guess sales wont exactly be accelarating now either

Where was this posted that BA havnt broke even...if thats the case its really sad...This is the best cricket game ever and I am sure hard work will pay off...Hope the PC sales help and I am sure DB15 will be even greater hit...just need a bit of marketing.

slamminsam246

School Cricketer
Haven't played the game in over 2 months waiting for this patch. Started new career at 16 on rookie as a batsmen, and I'm carving up as expected. Hoping ill jump to amateur soon (if not ill start a new career after season). Havent had any issue post patch yet, touch wood

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread