Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

zombieian

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Yes you can score runs, you can tackle the AI, but this has to be looked from a batting perspective, than just as a game and getting a score, i want the drives to actually play a bit more like real life, were they bound across the pitch, its not about difficulty or scoring runs but abut getting the feel stuff right.

The drives look super authentic, sound super authentic, only except i see the ball never ever ever ever bounding of the pitch for the normal drives.

Ask @Biggs, he seems to know how to hit the ball along the ground. The rest of us just don't know how to time the ball apparently.

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Really? Is it worth it?:rolleyes

He told me that my timing was bad even though I was getting good feedback in match practice. As a lot of people are having similar problems maybe Biggs can explain what we are doing wrong?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Watching all those awesome uniforms and bats created by users..I hope that transfer of those into consoles is on the list for Patch#3....:yes

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well, i don't know if anyone would wanna watch a whole 50+ over video, but i have an innings i captured today, and one thing you would definitely see is PLENTY of shots along the ground. I think one wicket of 10 falls to a flick going in the air.

grkrama

National Board President
ya would love to watch your video mate:) if there is a way to actually play drives bounding off the pitch without using triggers i will gladly learn them however hard it is.

Also can you check these along the ground shots in interactive replay slow mo, as far as i have checked not once the ball touches the pitch coming of the bat, it always glide across the pitch.
Im talking about only pure drives without using triggers.

Last edited:

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Well, i don't know if anyone would wanna watch a whole 50+ over video, but i have an innings i captured today, and one thing you would definitely see is PLENTY of shots along the ground. I think one wicket of 10 falls to a flick going in the air.
Get it up by 10 and i'll watch

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
ok - doing it now. in the meantime uploaded two short bowling videos in the video thread.

----- EDIT -----

The video is over 2 hrs long, nearly 6GB! It's uploading to Youtube now. If you watch the entire video, you'll have wasted less time than someone who watched Avatar.

Last edited:

yogi33

School Cricketer
Still struggling to bat since patch two. However I got four wickets from edges last night in a first class game after not getting any in 15+.

The biggest change for me was learning to vary my length more. Being a batting all rounder my bowling window is small. However I've noticed the timing on the second HUD which effects length has led to huge improvements, notably from just short of a length. Bowling to a plan is more critical now as well - don't expect the ai to just miss a straight one because its been batting for more than ten minutes

Krokenoster

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Still struggling to bat since patch two. However I got four wickets from edges last night in a first class game after not getting any in 15+.

The biggest change for me was learning to vary my length more. Being a batting all rounder my bowling window is small. However I've noticed the timing on the second HUD which effects length has led to huge improvements, notably from just short of a length. Bowling to a plan is more critical now as well - don't expect the ai to just miss a straight one because its been batting for more than ten minutes

The batting will come, be sure to use the between game net sessions, and concentrate on the balls vs shots that are currently getting you out the most.....I just played a T20 in Aus league, and smacked 55 from 34 balls, and had work my ass off for most of those runs, as after a few 4's and 6's, the AI fielding made sure that I tone it down to 1's and 2's.

I ended up getting caught, because I had no choice but to try and go big, but my timing was not good on that shot. We neede 11 from 6 balls.....lol

yogi33

School Cricketer
The batting will come, be sure to use the between game net sessions, and concentrate on the balls vs shots that are currently getting you out the most.....I just played a T20 in Aus league, and smacked 55 from 34 balls, and had work my ass off for most of those runs, as after a few 4's and 6's, the AI fielding made sure that I tone it down to 1's and 2's.

I ended up getting caught, because I had no choice but to try and go big, but my timing was not good on that shot. We neede 11 from 6 balls.....lol

I think the biggest problem is I just don't have the reflexes and I suspect I am not alone. Now that we have the bowling speed and fatigue issues fixed my inability to process all that information when a genuine fast bowler is at the crease makes life a bit difficult. I have the same issues in the nets and I do a session between each match. Must be my coordination skills deteriorating with age!

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just wanted to say we are listening to you guys, before committing to making any adjustments though we really need the patch to get a good run and see how people adjust and go after a week or so.

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
Ok well I've just seen the same bug twice in an hour.

I play a shot, no run, but as my batsman returns to his crease he gets stuck in an animation glitch just outside the line. They throw the stumps down, it goes to the third umpire, given out.

I have phone video of the second occasion.

neelesh

School Cricketer
I think the biggest problem is I just don't have the reflexes and I suspect I am not alone. Now that we have the bowling speed and fatigue issues fixed my inability to process all that information when a genuine fast bowler is at the crease makes life a bit difficult. I have the same issues in the nets and I do a session between each match. Must be my coordination skills deteriorating with age!
Can we have a bit more time between point where bowler delivers ball and it reaches the batsman for quicks so that there is more time to pick the line...I dont know how can it be achieved but may be increase length of pitch

Users who are viewing this thread