Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Track IR it is an infra red sensor used to detect the players head movement and transform that movement to the in game characters’ head. Its mostly used in first person shooting/simulation and racing games. Its use allows the player full control over just the head thus improving situation awareness.

@MattW its request to please use this feature in DBC16 as that would be good difference.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Track IR it is an infra red sensor used to detect the players head movement and transform that movement to the in game characters’ head. Its mostly used in first person shooting/simulation and racing games. Its use allows the player full control over just the head thus improving situation awareness.

@MattW its request to please use this feature in DBC16 as that would be good difference.

So it's like Kinect? I should probably google it. But how do propose it must be implemented? Technology like this sounds expensive?

Alberts

International Coach
So it's like Kinect? I should probably google it. But how do propose it must be implemented? Technology like this sounds expensive?

It dwarfs the cost of the game. The first I've ever seen someone suggest it for this game. Not actually a bad idea, but I can't see what the developers would gain for the development time required. If they were a bigger game company with all the resources in the world, I could understand, but they're not.

SibiNaayagam

International Coach
It dwarfs the cost of the game. The first I've ever seen someone suggest it for this game. Not actually a bad idea, but I can't see what the developers would gain for the development time required. If they were a bigger game company with all the resources in the world, I could understand, but they're not.

Ross had said DBC14 has Oculus Rift functionality. So wouldn't that be more viable and more immersive instead?

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
Ross had said DBC14 has Oculus Rift functionality. So wouldn't that be more viable and more immersive instead?
For sure considering they are having it launched in consumer market Q1 2016....

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I don't know much about technological stuff, but in 1997 while in the USA I visited a video game arcade that had a golf and baseball game that picked up your movements and interpreted them into the game,(you used real golf clubs, and a same size baseball bat) the golf one was especially accurate as I was as crap at it as I was at the real thing at that time, whereas my friend, a scratch golfer, shot par or maybe +or-1. 18 yrs later surely the technology has improved enuff to have a similar type game for cricket? The idea of playing cricket shots properly in the comfort of my own home would certainly appeal to me, although it could drive the Missis crazy!! Win-win!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

Yep...OR isn't exactly what you'd call cheap...

If they can give it OR functionality, why not a more established, tried and tested, not to mention much cheaper piece of hardware like Track IR?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It doesn't have Oculus support in the game - it was just mentioned that they tested it out at some point, probably just mapping the pro camera to render that way. Getting from that to something that would be of good enough quality to include as a feature would be a lot more effort, being a subset of the already tiny number of people with the PC version of the game makes pretty much any feature tied to unique PC only hardware extremely unlikely.

The game doesn't even do non-16:9 aspect ratios.

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
Three More Important changes needed in Patch

1- When I run for single , and fielder field in slow motion , thus we take 2nd run easily ,

Solution : When we pres button for second run, slow motion Fielder should have act quick to pick ball and through.

2- Before Patch 2 , When we play straight drive usually bowl comes in the hand of bowler and drop, so there is replay .but now there is grounded shot the bowler get return catch still replay is there for every time.

3- Fielder At silly Point does not have pad, hand pads .

grkrama

National Board President
Getting from that to something that would be of good enough quality to include as a feature would be a lot more effort

ya mainly the 2dish parts from GUI, balls marker, the helmet lower portion all these can cause brain noise if not in good shape for occulus. The game itself if would be great though especially in pro cam if made for occulus but demand is too small for it.

chaman82

County Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Next year will be big for vr. With both oculus and project Morpheus releasing.
We want DBC on that. They have to make it playable on vr.
Future looks exciting.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Nope - I think you're literally the only person who has ever asked.

Ohhh...OK! Guess it's rather unlikely then. Shame - being able to move your head would improve the game for me, especially when it comes to running so you're not blind when in first person cam.

Users who are viewing this thread