Patch Discussion - PS4 (1.11), Xbox One (1.0.0.12) and Steam

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Had a very, very close finish. There was a point with about four overs left when it seemed like the AI would start playing any shot to get runs (as was the case throughout most of the ODI chases before this patch). A couple of wickets turned it around though.

20190109080444_1.jpg

How are you finding batting....I know one of the complaints of the console people was that the batting was too easy compared to pC....??
Haven't tried yet. I'll probably give a go later. Personally, apart from some incorrect shots I always found it challenging before this patch. So it will be interesting to see how this edge thingy changes that.

D

Deleted member 185125

The game has gotten smoother. Noticed lesser loopy throws within the circle. Quicker response after misfields as well.

In the one ODI I played, AI was not attempting to go for shots on free hits. Not sure if this was the same before the patch as well.

The powerplay field for spinners still have everyone within the circle. And whenever, there is drs discussion after a single the same batsman comes back on strike. Similarly overthrow which goes for a for after a single brings the same batsman back on strike. These were present prior to the patch as well.

Meanwhile, I did try to simulate ODIs in competition mode and below are the results. Just a small sample size. (Both the innings simulated).

Difficulty -PRO
IMG_20190109_140529.jpg

Difficulty -VETERAN

IMG_20190109_140624.jpg

Difficulty - LEGEND

IMG_20190109_140717.jpg

D

Deleted member 185125

Very quick feedback.

AI ODI run chase is more balanced. I've got to 29th over and they are 139/3 chasing 268. They'd have probably chased it by now before this patch. I did simulate my batting, don't know if that has any impact.

With the lights on my FPS is still at 60 (happy with that because of the crash issues when unrestrained I'd experienced). I had noticed even with vsync on it jumped. Again, simulating first innings might effect this.

Keeper still moves around like a dog chasing its tail.

Hate it when the keeper kinda moves into second slip position to take the catch even before the shot is played :facepalm.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hate it when the keeper kinda moves into second slip position to take the catch even before the shot is played :facepalm.
It's when they come running forward that irks me. Generally I can live with it, I think it started happening after that patch where none of them could dive left. However, this morning I got an edge and the keeper went charging passed it up to the stumps. If he'd had remained in place it would be any easy catch.

D

Deleted member 185125

It's when they come running forward that irks me. Generally I can live with it, I think it started happening after that patch where none of them could dive left. However, this morning I got an edge and the keeper went charging passed it up to the stumps. If he'd had remained in place it would be any easy catch.
I guess most of the times they charge in when it's a short pitch delivery.
At the same the keeper drops straight forward ones from spinners quite often. Doesn't give option for mini game while this happens either.

Manwar21

School Cricketer
Since installing the thread my timing while batting has gone completely off. The timing slider is set to 100 (default setting), yet i am still timing the ball way too late in comparison to how the game played before this patch. If the slider setting at 100 still fails to reach the default timing window in the previous patch, then surely there is a bug?

I am playing in an existing career mode.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Since installing the thread my timing while batting has gone completely off. The timing slider is set to 100 (default setting), yet i am still timing the ball way too late in comparison to how the game played before this patch. If the slider setting at 100 still fails to reach the default timing window in the previous patch, then surely there is a bug?

lol its what happened to us PS4 guys, we got used to it

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
hope they release big bash boom patch especially increasing AI scores

PjPage59

Club Captain

Change it to 50.

rasdan

Club Captain
i know some people will moan about the issues that still exist in the game but no game is perfect,even the big developers have problems despite having huge budgets.curently playing ashes series as england i just lost the 4th test by 4 runs in what was a great game but ive now lost the series.playing for pride in the 5th test.Test matches are great imo,not really explored one day games as much but for me BA have produced a terrific game,easily the best cricket game ive ever played and theres been a few.

villafan001

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
I played a tournament on Ashes for the first time in a while and it still hugely irks me that the bonus points don’t work at all for custom tournaments - why was the feature even put in there if they are never applied?!

N Jones

Club Captain
Oh I'm sorry for being critical...it's a great ultra realistic version of cricket and even though I go to cricket a hell of a lot I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.!!![DOUBLEPOST=1547055970][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anybody play on manual fielding..if so how do you get on...do you have overthrow's happening

D

Dutch

Oh I'm sorry for being critical...it's a great ultra realistic version of cricket and even though I go to cricket a hell of a lot I clearly don't know what I'm talking about.!!![DOUBLEPOST=1547055970][/DOUBLEPOST]Does anybody play on manual fielding..if so how do you get on...do you have overthrow's happening
Theres critical and then theres just plain mental road rage.....

Manual fielding or semi auto fielding can be found in the general settings tab....overthrows happen If you throw too wildly....

Users who are viewing this thread