PC Public Preview Update Now Available

balkeet

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
There is a difference between needing an extra step from being on the backfoot and standing admiring your single to fine leg while your partner is already halfway down the wicket.

he doesn't admire his shot but just completed his followthrough

UnknownSoul

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I bowl alot of out-swinging deliveries. for a while now it just doesn't seem right... I'm not sure what it is tbh. Tried with the slider maxed and default. All i notice is more swing after it passes the batsmen. Maybe due to increased seam movement?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@wasteyouryouth @Spoobir
Hi, can one of you plz check if pitch deterioration and DRS count staying after saving and reopening the match.
Mattw didnt mention in his patch notes about these but just want to check if they are already fixed.
Can't say I'd looked and the pitch I'm playing on doesn't look like it'll wear anyway. I'll keep an eye out though.

TemPSaad

Associate Captain
Any info regarding T20 field fixing? AI Put all the fielders inside the circle every now and then , Also I think pitch impact should be increased as well, just played a match HongKong vs PaK a 10 over match where HongKong score 105/5 on a cloudy , hard green pitch.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I've had a fairly decent chance to bat 77 overs, I'm 302/5. Few thoughts below. Sorry if I'm covering old ground that others have spoken about. I don't know if this is possible but if there was a sticky thread with known issues it could be helpful to those of us not on the beta team but with access to the preview updates.

Field settings. There's nothing noticeably bad about the field selection but the fields themselves, at least in terms of how effective they are in conjunction with the AI bowling. Pace bowlers were often using the one below (Pace Balanced 7, I think) with a gap in the field from 2nd slip to Cover Point. There are two men in the deep on the legside so I'm guessing it'd be useful for short stuff into the ribs. But the AI invariably offers up gimmes on the offside that can be put into the gap. Often with spinners there are easy singles that can be worked around. If the AI bowling can't attack a specific field then ones with huge gaps should really be rare of off limits. I very very rarely felt under any pressure.

ZPSpGl0.png

AI bowling. I have all bowlers set to Balanced mentality because it seems to at least offer consistency with variety but not repetitiveness like the others. One thing I came away from this batting was that it might be interesting to try bowlers starting with higher confidence - maybe orange/green. I don't actually know what noticeable difference higher confidence has for bowlers but surely it couldn't be a bad thing to try? Whether it's me or the AI it might at least provide more of a challenge early on, especially with the new ball. Currently, by the time the bowler is settled/confident any advantage from a new ball seems to have dissipated.

Batting itself. In tests, timing feels irrelevant. You might not get the boundaries but you'll get plenty of 2's and 3's. I tried one lofted shot and got out so I immediately stopped with that. I can see it still being a chore in limited overs. I have batsmen strength set to 60-70 to stifle some of the AI slogging but I've not had chance to play an ODI. I did try, some time into the innings, nudging the batsman forward (back foot on the popping crease). With the ball coming on quicker it feels more natural so this is definitely something I'll try in limited overs.

a3Ce5nR.png

D

Deleted member 185125

@funnyadit . Just happened in the match I'm playing. Dint run them out, since on semi assisted fielding.
*On PS4

Last edited by a moderator:

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
@MattW

Another 90 overs played after the update.

Persisting issues

1) Mostly the animation issues are with straight drives. Again, it looks like a cover drive/on drive but the ball goes straight (90% of the time). Animation needs to be fixed.
2) Scoop shot issue is still there. You try and scoop towards leg side and it goes in the opposite direction. Power in these shots is immense
3) Sometimes even ideal timing on shots get only to the half way through the ground (mostly on drives, cover drives, late cuts etc.) Is that normal?
4) The third man late cut animation is missing now. It's mostly third man square cut now.
5) The ball is still passing through the bat many times. Please have this taken care of as it's very annoying.
6) The new commentary phrases "Throw was at the wrong end" and "batsmen didn't middle the ball" are being used way too often (almost every delivery). Please correct it. Added commentary would be appreciated.
7) During Pro mode in batting, we can't really look at where we are standing while batting. Can we have this fixed?
8) Sometimes we don't get replays after hitting a boundary. Can we please have replays? If possible multiple replays for good shots, ball beating bat etc.?

Thanks. Again, we do appreciate all the hard work that is being put into this.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread