Post Your Questions About the Game here - Please Read Opening Post

BattingBad

School Cricketer
In Gameplay modifiers do the physics settings 'always active' also affect the AI/computer teams in career mode? So if I increase or decrease these sliders is the effect applied to the opponent as well, career mode only?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
In Gameplay modifiers do the physics settings 'always active' also affect the AI/computer teams in career mode? So if I increase or decrease these sliders is the effect applied to the opponent as well, career mode only?
yes the physics changes should effect everyone everywhere is physics!

zayno

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
does anyone know if any one on the community has created the new zealand stadiums with the the national bank logo on the lawn. i miss that stadium.

hardik85

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone. I've been keeping my eye out for a reasonably priced cricket game for quite some time. Since Don Bradman 2017 is on sale on PSN this week for half off, I'm thinking of picking it up. I just have a couple of questions for more experienced users:
1) Does this game have a thorough tutorial? Not only on the controls, but on how to actually play cricket? I live in Canada and have only seen bits of cricket on TV. I've always wanted to learn how its played...
2) Do you think this game would be enjoyable for someone with so little knowledge of the sport? By that I mean; is the actual gameplay enjoyable? Or is the draw of the game for you more in the management/stats side of things?

my suggestion would be to play some mobile games first such as world cricket championship 2 which are easier to install and play and also at the same time make yourself aware of all the cricket rules then when you have enough knowledge and interest then take the efforts to purchase and install computer games like this one.

hardik85

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Hello people

i already have DBC 14. Did not play much because of lack of time. How good is DBC 17? I heard that it has lots of bugs and many people are not happy with the game? does it have any major improvements and changes over the earlier version? Is it worth to purchase it or wait for the next version if it is going to come out?

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Hello people

i already have DBC 14. Did not play much because of lack of time. How good is DBC 17? I heard that it has lots of bugs and many people are not happy with the game? does it have any major improvements and changes over the earlier version? Is it worth to purchase it or wait for the next version if it is going to come out?
Hello people

Wait and watch (for bug fixes) is the approach now..

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Hello people

If you're saying that you can get the game for half price then you can still get enjoyment out of it but it's far from perfect.

Statistics aren't correct in career and don't save for any casual matches.
In career you need to save at a certain point otherwise you won't be selected.

You can however customise players with fine detail including what bat they use.
I tend to play one-off casual matches and enjoy them.

Re: Your original questions, if you hardly played DBC14 then the controls can take a little getting used too. Try bowling a stock ball before attempting a short pitched out swinging slower delivery!

My experiences are from PS4. The game is literally the only reason I have a PS4. There seem to be different bugs on different machines and different versions of the game. Hope my thoughts help. In terms of waiting for next time it's years off and there aren't really any alternatives.

Shameless plug but please check out my blog via the link below and go to the Don Bradman Cricket 17 section. There are match reports, images and mostly in my earlier posts there's some info re: the state of the game. Many thanks.

gunit123

County Cricketer
If you're saying that you can get the game for half price then you can still get enjoyment out of it but it's far from perfect.

Re: Your original questions, if you hardly played DBC14 then the controls can take a little getting used too. Try bowling a stock ball before attempting a short pitched out swinging slower delivery!

My experiences are from PS4. The game is literally the only reason I have a PS4. There seem to be different bugs on different machines and different versions of the game. Hope my thoughts help. In terms of waiting for next time it's years off and there aren't really any alternatives.

Shameless plug but please check out my blog via the link below and go to the Don Bradman Cricket 17 section. There are match reports, images and mostly in my earlier posts there's some info re: the state of the game. Many thanks.

Great write-ups @runlord100 - not a fan of the font though (it's probably just me).

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yeah I enjoyed the write up too - wish I had the time and patience to do something similar

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Can anyone guide on below two queries

- i want to turn off change field notifications as field change occur so so frequently even that ruin your game and to watch on every single ball and some time twice on single ball

- in career every tour getting 7 odis, 7 t20s .... i never seen any such tour in reality, is there any way to reduce no of matches from 7 to 5 or 3 for odi and 7 to 3 or 2 for t20

Thanks in advance

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Can anyone guide on below two queries

- i want to turn off change field notifications as field change occur so so frequently even that ruin your game and to watch on every single ball and some time twice on single ball

- in career every tour getting 7 odis, 7 t20s .... i never seen any such tour in reality, is there any way to reduce no of matches from 7 to 5 or 3 for odi and 7 to 3 or 2 for t20

Thanks in advance
No

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
For 7 odis and 7 t20s in every tour, seriously hats off to big ant if its design choice. They need to rethink about their solution architct that in which part of world cricket tour gets 7 t20 and 7 odi and even in every tour.

D

Deleted member 185125

Does anyone know the best modifier/Settings for best AI batting performance?

Users who are viewing this thread