Recess Mafia - Mafia (Hedger & IceAge) Win!

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
sorry im on my phone at the moment so i wont be active until tomorrow night but ill add some insight quickly and go into more detail when i get home.

first of all, loco is right, i picked up on his soft. something he said made me think he was softing a pr (i cant quite remember since it was a little while ago and ill find the post once im on my pc) but i did point out that the play was odd since i didnt see where he was coming from but had the feeling he was softing a pr and so was reluctant to lynch him, and didnt want to push on it until i was ready for him to claim but yes.

most of it adds up, yash is the one out of thedon/him/sulaiman that is the townread im least likely to be wrong on, although sulaiman i read as a pr as well, and I actually expected him to be TJ.

either way, T.J. is in the game, that much is obvious. yash is mafia unless someone ccs as T.J.

Last mafia is IceAge or at a stretch sulaiman, but the latter's reads and pushes come off as genuine. hes fallen off a bit which is why im hesitant in saying hes definite town.

thedon is town, start of yesterday i thought abhas may have been trying to 'frame' him to try and distance but honestly his reads make complete sense and coming down to it his reactions are genuine.

Lynch: Yashdude

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just glossed over the last few pages; and I'm inclined to believe Loco. There are a few main reasons, the first is just the strangeness of the role; its so oddly specific that you'd be hard pressed to imagine a mafia person crafting it as a role. Perhaps its really common to have multiple one-shot abilities and I've just never played in a game with one, idk. It also explains why Loco was more reluctant to join any of the bandwagon's we've had - I had picked up on that and it makes sense that a one-shot cop might want to try to draw the towns attention away from the flavour of the month towards the person that they know is scum. I'll leave character claim analysis to others since I'm not an expert on the theme so I can't come to any informed conclusions on that anyway.

I'm going to hold my vote and think about it while I write about Estonian political parties; but I can't see myself changing my mind on this unless something impressive happens like us ending up with a counter-claim from someone that isn't El Loco or yashdude or something.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
None of them lynched Varun the other day and Abhas the previous day.

Hmm okay; First of all, that just doesn't make any sense, I mean, this just rarely happens when a mafia partner isn't lynching lynching (the other mafia).

Loco's claim makes sense and his actions match perfectly with the role as in the movie. There was a thought that triggered my mind while reading his claim, is T.J really alive? who knows maybe it was Simon or anyone who died (except for Musk ofc)? but, his roles fabricate him as a confirmed townie; I, as a mafia, would never claim something this complicated. But one thing, did Loco really thing there would be a tracker, watcher and a 3-in-1 power role townies? wouldn't it just be biased towards the town considering there's a godfather (who can't nk) and a or two simple mafias? I'm not questioning his role but play.

About the current situation, believing Loco the only one to follow, Yash is definitely the mafia - the post I quoted above is actually him trying to defend himself before being questioned which is of course a scummy play; It also doesn't make any sense. I can see Loco seeing me as a scum as he said that one of the three mentioned townies is a scum and since he's keen on believing Don and Hedger, he's actually having a scum read on me. I'll try my best to make you guys believe that I ain't a scum by just role-claiming - it will, of course make things clearer for the pr to give away his thoughts before getting killed at night (the possibility, also mentioned by him). I'm Mikey Blumberg, vanilla townie, recess team aligned. My role says that I'm of the sensitive type (not sure what it means though) and a great poet; I'm cute and that's it - I'm a vanilla townie. I hope I've all the suspicions off me and the pr could tell us who do believe for tomorrow. As of yet, I'm not lynching Yash as he deserves a chance to defend himself, there's enough pressure too.

FOS: Yash

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Yash now has a conveninent reason to lynch me, but any misconceptions any of you have about me are about to be cleared, I have a lot to get through, so let's get on with it.
Understandably my reluctance to lynch Abhas comes off as suspicious, but you must take into account when and why I did.
By fluke I thought his results were vaguely in accordance with what I had found, but I'm going to throw that out of the window now for obvious reasons. As I said, it triggered something in my head. Beforehand I was more than willing to lynch him. You have to look at it from the POV of the information I had in front of me to understand. But I do concede that I was clutching at straws, however, as I said, I did think I was on the cusp of putting two and two together and making a breakthrough, which would, according to him, have suggested that Don is Mafia, have a look back at it and read on and you'll see why.
As far as my role is concerned, at one point I did think that Hedger was about to pick up on my soft claim and I'll quote them if any of you that can't be arsed to look for yourselves insist that I do. But I really was in two minds about his aligment so I wasn't sure if I wanted to press on with it and risk giving the game away. Since you have lost the only affirmed townie, I might as well hand you another one to clear the air.
T.J. Detweiler is who I am, described as the leader of the group, handed the role of a Jack of all trades. However these were only 3 one shot roles that I have already used, Investigative, Roleblock and thirdly Protect, which I used in that order on consecutive nights, after which I guess I am now just a normal vanilla.
In short, the first night revealed to me that Yash was Mafia, so I subsequently RBed him on the second as I literally had no idea what else to do, with that being the only thing for me to go on. And my final role was used to protect Muskateer on Night 3, which I'm guessing was what instigated the no kill since they decided to have another stab at him last night.
I found Yash scummy from the outset but I wasn't too sure how to convey it without coming off so myself. But this time with no other option but to put this on the table I'm pretty sure he is Mafia.
I think I am probably the lynch candidate right now, which pisses me off, but I guess it is my own doing. I had the thought that I'd hold off claiming even longer as I'm pretty sure the Mafia would rather kill off an undeniable townie than a suspect townie, to keep the ambiguity rolling in to the next day. But to reveal my findings, all in all on reflection I think it is necessary.
Apart from Yash, there is literally no one I can see who I am sure is Mafia, which I would also find difficult to pin on Don and Hedger now that they were at the forefront on Abhas's lynch...so there it is, in summary.
Nice try pal.. okay I'll assume you're T.J. You say you found out I'm a mafia on N1 and if you go through Day 2 you never hinted/pressurized me even a bit by lynching me? You lynched Musk rather who was town? Would you explain that? Leave Day 2 alone, we're on Day 5. You gave no signs that I'm a mafia even on Day 3 or 4? Really mate?
He says he targeted me on both Night 1 and 2, whereas I think he targeted me being a mafia role blocker, here's the hint:
You try again!

-----

Yep!

-----

Done!!!

I was the second guy to lynch Varun and state his claim was fake. You expect me to do that being his partner? Obviously people would think it was a smart play to lynch Abhas being a mafia but if you take the lynching Varun scenario you might understand the fact why I'm not a mafia.

I've been hiding myself so as to keep the town PRs safe but I think it's the right time I come out:
I'm Randall Weems, just a vanilla townie.

I'm just hoping Don is T.J(gut feeling/assumption) and it'll clear the air on me.

My lynch obviously stays and he cleared it for me by stating he investigated me and found out I'm a mafia.[DOUBLEPOST=1423126756][/DOUBLEPOST]About his claim being legit, it's all made up given the night results just what Abhas did.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
Just glossed over the last few pages; and I'm inclined to believe Loco. There are a few main reasons, the first is just the strangeness of the role; its so oddly specific that you'd be hard pressed to imagine a mafia person crafting it as a role. Perhaps its really common to have multiple one-shot abilities and I've just never played in a game with one, idk. It also explains why Loco was more reluctant to join any of the bandwagon's we've had - I had picked up on that and it makes sense that a one-shot cop might want to try to draw the towns attention away from the flavour of the month towards the person that they know is scum. I'll leave character claim analysis to others since I'm not an expert on the theme so I can't come to any informed conclusions on that anyway.

I'm going to hold my vote and think about it while I write about Estonian political parties; but I can't see myself changing my mind on this unless something impressive happens like us ending up with a counter-claim from someone that isn't El Loco or yashdude or something.
I believe it was rather way too easy as if he stated he was a cop, he'd have to post his investigation on other players which would've got him into serious trouble. He took the easy way out.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
By knocking on me further you're just digging a bigger hole for yourself. I found out you were Mafia on the first night and this was a response I gave to you on the second day:

Honestly, you're not handling yourself very well. Do you think I'm going after you with my eyes closed? Lashing out only just serves to aggravate it.
I ask that others join the discussion please so we can make inroads.

Since everyone else didn't seem to think much of your descent into ultimate rage, I decided it was better to just put off all out claiming for a while until it was necessary (since no one was picking up on my subtleties), which I now feel it is. And there is no way you can say that I never hinted at it.

I understand that bursting in to hysterics has become a quintessential part of Yash's game, but the FOS remains for a reason.
I'm up for paving the way for the cop, or a PR in the same vein, to mutely reveal his findings. But I'd like to reiterate that it requires collaboration across the board.
And I've revealed what that reason was. I don't think I need to make it anymore clear-cut than this.
For the record I think it would probably be easier for me to claim cop as Mafia as I'd be in the know about everyone else not aligned with me. In fact, come to think of it, as Mafia I'd do exactly that and reveal all my Mafia teammates as town and vice-versa, but on this occasion I'm aligned with the town so there is nothing I need to fabricate here.
On a sidenote, I find it strange (not in a scummy sense, but just generally) that Sulaiman felt inclined to claim. There are virtually no scum reads on him and I also listed Yash's town reads just as a possibility. Also, it's not like he's revealed anything essential for the town to make in-roads at this point. But If it makes him feel more secure, well, then I guess it's just down to him.

El Loco

ENG....
But one thing, did Loco really thing there would be a tracker, watcher and a 3-in-1 power role townies? wouldn't it just be biased towards the town considering there's a godfather (who can't nk) and a or two simple mafias? I'm not questioning his role but play.
That's a valid question to ask I have to say honestly that I wanted to concentrate on the fact that I thought I had found a correlation rather than anything else. The balance of the game was probably the last thing on my mind, but jumping to conclusions about it is something I don't tend to do anyway, hence my zzzzzzing at all the set-up talk at the beginning of the game, which ironically, I recall, was given rise to by Yash. So there you have it. But bygones are bygones and in the here and now I'm letting everyone know that I had a Mafia return on him on the first night.

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I believe it was rather way too easy as if he stated he was a cop, he'd have to post his investigation on other players which would've got him into serious trouble. He took the easy way out.

I don't understand this argument - I could get it for claiming doc over cop or something like that; but "a combined one shot cop, one shot doc and one shot role blocker" seems something that you'd probably have to have prepared relatively early on and played in such a way to make it fit when you later claimed. It just makes sense IMO and I think that its true at this point, and I'd imagine that the only thing that would change my mind is someone else providing contradictory information...

At the moment I'm 90% sure yashdude is scum; but considering where we are in the game and the fact that this is quite a fluid position I'm not going to rush into anything. You do have to consider that I think we all agree that its mislynch and lose, so it is the time where you might see a mafia gambit to try and force that last lynch in order to win. I don't think that's what is happening here though, there are easier ways of having done this as scum.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Okay, I'm home now. Did briefly look over what's been happening earlier today just in case I thought I needed to unvote, but nothing was really urgent to add to, so now that I'm home I can add my thoughts.

I stated in black and white that I wanted Muskateer lynched today before his claim. I also invited anyone to come and try and put a mafia spin on it, which is exactly what you're doing right now.
I have the feeling that I'm going to have to claim sometime soon now, which I'm reluctant to do. But on second hand it might be necessary so we can finally make some inroads.

Just looking back, that was the part I pr read you for, since you wouldn't have had any reason to say that as a vanilla (well not as much anyway) and why I stopped hard pushing you after that, since I did go into some detail of why I fos'd you before that. Either way not much to look into anymore. The only reason I would discredit Loco's claim is that he could have pushed a lot harder on yash, if he had him as guilty, especially since he said he was going to find it hard to lynch anyone but musk. If thedon claims T.J. then I would have to believe him, but apart from that, I can mainly make sense of his claim.

I think most people have claimed already so I'll just do the same, doesn't really seem much point delaying it much further, and it shouldn't change much. I'm Muriel Finster, and I'm a vanilla townie.

Without even hearing the other two claims, I'm going to just say with 90% certainty that:

Yash is mafia with IceAge. Yash's defence has been reasonable but we know his aggressive nature, and is very weak in some areas. It's not enough to scumread him, but his claim is pretty ordinary as well, and unless mafia have been given fake claims, and allowed to claim someone like Mikey (which may be a slight possibility, given that Sulaiman claimed he was a vanilla when I thought Mikey seemed like a character that would be given the Doctor role because he's so frendly), but barring that, my above 2 foses are most likely scum.

IceAge immediately tried to discredit Loco's claim by saying it was such a bizarre role to claim despite it being the main character in the series, but shortly after without much input from anyone between that, seems to go back completely, as if to have known that the yash lynch would most likely end up happening, with the guilty on him and knowing that T.J. wouldn't be cc'd, thus trying to put himself in a better position tomorrow by saying he was for the yash lynch, and giving him a better shot at not getting speed lynched tomorrow. For someone that's really been cautious this whole game, unable to commit, the complete flip in reads is a bit odd. Still he's left himself a bit open by saying he's not quite certain, just in case something does change, and he's able to jump on that instead.

This probably seems a bit over the place but I'm rushing a bit, and trying to multitask, so this will do for now. I guess wait for thedon to get on and post his thoughts, and that will probably clear up any doubts I have, but I'm quite confident in my reads atm.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Funny. I was reading through the thread, initially deadset on lynching El Loco or IceAge. Then I progressed and believed El Loco was telling the truth and wanted to go after IceAge or yash. Then hedger's post told me exactly what I should do.

Time for me to sacrifice myself perhaps. I am Muriel Finster, the doctor. I protected El Loco on night 1 and Sulaiman on night 3. Ironic that the two days where kills occured were nights 2 and 4, when I protected hedger. I soft claimed at my night 1 result when I said El Loco was town for no reason.

Hmm. Tough. A couple of El_Loco's posts earlier in the day were a bit iffy for me, but aside from that he has been completely town for me in this game.

Re my thoughts on who is Mafia, for me assuming Varun flips Mafia, I'm ruling out hedger and Loco as Mafia. Leaving three more people of which two can be Mafia. Due to their interactions with each other, I think either one of Varun or hedger is guaranteed Mafia.

I am not suspicious of Loco due to his gameplay. Simple as that.

Seeing how musk was killed tonight, I am still inclined to believe El Loco. It makes sense that after a failed kill the Mafia would try to kill the same guy again. Also TJ is a good claim, but seeing how I am Muriel who some would consider a villain, it could be that TJ is considered the opposite and perhaps is a villain. The presence of Muriel makes me think that yash could be telling the truth as well with him being Randall, also a townie. Muriel for me would usually be a villain. Something we know is that if Loco is telling the truth, there is a chance his result on yash was wrong and since his roleblock on the second day did nothing, that isn't fully impossible.

Fact is there would be no sense in just two power roles, Loco and musk. That wouldn't make for a balanced game. There has to be a third, there aren't so many vanilla townies.

Trying to piece this together, either hedger has fake claimed as a townie for some unknown reason, or he is Mafia, which is certainly a shock, but the more likely outcome. Sulaiman, yash or IceAge as the last Mafia, no idea who though. I originally had Sulaiman as town since day 3 because I thought I protected him, but it looks like musk may have been the one who was protected by Loco.

Lynch: hedger14

The only thing we know for sure about hedger is that he wasn't visited on night 3 as per musk's result.

I request that IceAge also claim.[DOUBLEPOST=1423203692][/DOUBLEPOST]Just clearing up my suspicions if they were unclear, Loco most likely town, hedger most likely Mafia. IceAge, Sulaiman and yash neutral, though yash is quite likely to be Mafia.

El Loco

ENG....
In a way I'm glad that we've to come to this point in the game with mass claims as the town now has some decisions to make. I was actually hoping for someone to CC me as TJ, as that would have made me certain without doubt of a third Mafia member, but at least we can look at claims to try and fathom things out.

As for the two above, I'm less willing to side with Don's. He is basically suggesting that I have an anti-town role and trying to vouch for Yash. Seems to me like he's trying to kill two birds with one stone while fake counter claiming at the same time and I don't think it's worked out for him.
Also, there's a pretty good chance that Simon and joejoe, both being main characters I believe, could also have been PRs.

Also, why did you not protect Muskateer at any point? He was the most concrete townie for quite some time, and the most obvious target for a Mafia kill. That's why I protected him.

But this judgement is based on claims and as far as gameplay is concerned I will have to go back over the thread about a million times as there is no other way I can seperate the two at the moment.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
If I was fake claiming, do you really think I would fake claim against hedger and not, say, you or yash or something? This has turned the game upside down for me, all reads I had seem to have been voided by the claims so I am doing.

I protected the guys playing the best. Sulaiman was a bit of a lucky dip as I felt he was probably town at the time and also seemed to knew what he was doing, hedger was playing really well IMO but his claim has given me no choice. I thought he was most likely to be killed due to how well he was playing and thought that since he was thinking along the same lines as me, we needed him alive. Musk on the other hand looked lost, even going so far as to lynch me when Abhas was clearly Mafia. He also didn't seem to know how to use his role to the best of its usage. Confirmed townie or gameplay guy who may have a power role? Gameplay guy

I am not defending yash in any way, shape or form, I am coming up with reasons as to why he may be town and reasons why you may not be. I am not some monkey that doesn't think things through before doing them, I want to consider things before looking at role. I seemingly saved you so how on earth do you think I would try and say you are Mafia. I stated as much in my sentence right at the end, yash probably Mafia, you probably town.

I don't like the way you just jumped on me and said that I was saying you were Mafia and yash was town because I didn't say that, you are trying to put words in my mouth.. You might be Mafia for all I know with night 1 being a no-kill night for the town. But for now I will put you down as town.

Edit: I think I may have figured it out. No kills on odd nights. Let's see what happens tonight, night 5.

Villain

ICC Board Member
India
I'm out right now and will reach home by the evening or night. Please don't jump on the bandwagon/go with the flow as there's enough time to analyse. Any wrong decision will end it.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I will keep my lynch on hedger since I have concrete evidence that he is Mafia, otherwise with my new theory I would have been keen for a no lynch. I will see what his explanation is.

Also think of it this way, I was pretty much a confirmed townie until my post. If I were Mafia, why would I risk that to tell a lie which might be hard to understand?

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Trying to piece this together, either hedger has fake claimed as a townie for some unknown reason, or he is Mafia, which is certainly a shock, but the more likely outcome.

Okay, well this really didn't work out well. I didn't really expect Muriel to be in the game, as I thought there'd only be one of the teacher's, since I didn't think it'd make sense to have two in such a big game. I know a bit about the series, and since I thought IceAge was scum, I was basically set out to see what IceAge (and you to a less extent would do). Since I expected IceAge to delay further and get out of claiming for a while longer, I thought he would be the last to claim and if Principal Prickly (which I actually am) was there, I expected them to cc it (I also assumed given that becky was Varun's claim who basically played zero part in the series, that they may not have been given fake claims). At least it would give me a little more insight into Ice's play, since yash is basically confirmed scum at this point. I am actually a vanilla townie, which is quite surprising, given that Principal Prickly played such a huge part in the movie, but given the abundance of pr roles in this game, that's not quite a surprise.

This basically clears thedon, since he has no reason to cc me. Also I'm going to use the same logic here and say that given it's mylo it's much easier for me to just cc someone that was scummy (i.e. basically waiting for IceAge to claim and cc'ing him or cc'ing Loco even after he played so terribly). I've been so townie this whole game, and this game would be much easier.

I know it was a risk, and I really wasn't expecting Muriel to be in the game, so I thought it'd be less risky for me to do that, but this kinda backfired. At least it cleared up any doubts anyone should have on thedon, as I don't think he'd cc me of all people. His reads make complete sense, Loco he townread for no reason basically, but was obviously softing doc when you look at it. I don't think Yash can be town here. It might make sense for them both to be in the game but it's not really possible.

Look at it this way, we have a Watcher, JOAT (with one time investigation), Doc. That makes an extra cop less likely. For only one investigation for all game, it makes no sense to put a miller in the game. I guess it could be possible but really pointless. And the way Yash reacted does not come off in the way that I think he could well be miller. And if he's not scum, that basically leaves Sulaiman and IceAge. I already claimed that Sulaiman was probably town from his claim, and even with IceAge being definite mafia at this point, I think Yash being scum is the more likely here.

Users who are viewing this thread