SLIDERS - Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
thank you so much for these sliders. Now that cricket is in full swing here again in Aust, I'm back playing my career mode where I left off (op batsman for the Qld Bulls in Shield cricket). I applied the sliders and found it much more difficult however for the first time ever, I scored a century with a strike rate of 50!! and it was magnificent!! lol. whilst I initially like hitting every ball for 4...its not fun. Not when I'm batting at a 150+ strike rate in Shield cricket!! I still managed to score a century but slow and I blocked a lot and left a lot of good balls alone. So good. Eventually fell for 114 off a cover drive that nicked to the WK but was happy...they earned it. My wagon wheel now resembles what a proper wagon wheel should.

SLICKR392

Club Captain
It's been a while since I've posted and been playing the game recently, and quite often. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the in-depth slider settings acknowledging the respective conditions. But here's my two cents on this - the devs at BA need to pitch in on the values. It feels like the values are more intricate than the custom numbers we, the players, have been testing.
There have been videos and posts about the AI-bowling quality being set to anywhere between 0-10 for a more sensible AI bowling approach, but this has been a hit & miss, personally. Not like setting it to higher values has helped either. Recently, I'm forced to tinker with the AI sliders in every match that I play.

The AI values have to be more precise than the general slider values we are given the option to customize and that could be partially fixed from the backend by the devs, by setting fixed values for each format (that could be customized later). Good game, nonetheless. Thank you!

Cricket_god

Club Captain
It's been a while since I've posted and been playing the game recently, and quite often. Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone for the in-depth slider settings acknowledging the respective conditions. But here's my two cents on this - the devs at BA need to pitch in on the values. It feels like the values are more intricate than the custom numbers we, the players, have been testing.
There have been videos and posts about the AI-bowling quality being set to anywhere between 0-10 for a more sensible AI bowling approach, but this has been a hit & miss, personally. Not like setting it to higher values has helped either. Recently, I'm forced to tinker with the AI sliders in every match that I play.

The AI values have to be more precise than the general slider values we are given the option to customize and that could be partially fixed from the backend by the devs, by setting fixed values for each format (that could be customized later). Good game, nonetheless. Thank you!
Hi slick how are u it's cg from ICF.The game is buggy mess ,I have given up on it wait for next iteration

SLICKR392

Club Captain
Hi slick how are u it's cg from ICF.The game is buggy mess ,I have given up on it wait for next iteration

Hey CG!! Good to see you here. :)

The negligence is probably the result of having no competition. Some of the batting animations are hilarious, and it remains unchanged from Cricket '19. The devs really need to stop expecting the players to bring balance in the game. BA have been around a while now, could have amped it up a little bit.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
No love for the slider project in the PC Awards, gutted! :eyesrolling:

Still, more seriously I wanted to check in once again and thank everyone that contributed to this thread now it's pretty much died off.

Nearly 65,000 views and well into 4 digits for downloads of the various versions of the spreadsheet. I think we can call that one a success :Claping::Claping::Claping:

Last edited:

Monzi

Panel of Selectors
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No love for the slider project in the PC Awards, gutted! :eyesrolling:

Still, more seriously I wanted to check in once again and thank everyone that contributed to this thread now it's pretty much died off.

Nearly 65,000 views and well into 4 digits for downloads of the various versions of the spreadsheet. I think we can call that one a success :Claping::Claping::Claping:
Don't worry, mate! Your contribution has completely transformed my Cricket 22 gaming experience, as I'm certain it has for all other downloaders. I hope that you continue to contribute and are not discouraged by this. Best wishes.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Don't worry, mate! Your contribution has completely transformed my Cricket 22 gaming experience, as I'm certain it has for all other downloaders. I hope that you continue to contribute and are not discouraged by this. Best wishes.
Aww man, that's such a kind message!

The awards thing was tongue in cheek. I always forget they're even a thing, I only remembered once I saw the prompt at the top of the screen. In truth, I've no idea what award this thread would even fit into to, after skimming the categories.

The main thing, as you say, was folks found different ways to use what was created and enjoy the game more. That was always the aim, so it's great to know it worked out that way :loving:

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Aww man, that's such a kind message!

The awards thing was tongue in cheek. I always forget they're even a thing, I only remembered once I saw the prompt at the top of the screen. In truth, I've no idea what award this thread would even fit into to, after skimming the categories.

The main thing, as you say, was folks found different ways to use what was created and enjoy the game more. That was always the aim, so it's great to know it worked out that way :loving:
Your effort is great

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer

Around the world in 80 pitch sliders.....again​

Following on from a thread I created in Ashes 17, I wanted to once again delve into the world of sliders for Cricket 22.

Working with the incredibly knowledgeable @WealeyH, the plan was to create some slider sets that take into account conditions in different countries of the world as well as different formats of the game. What does that entail, exactly? I'm glad you asked!
  • Pitches that behave in a way that is identifiable with the country you're in
  • Pitches that evolve over the course of a multi-day game (organically if possible, though manually if necessary)
  • AI that responds appropriately to the format of the game you're playing.
  • AI that is matched to the conditions you're playing in
Having reached v4 of a spreadsheet to display the above, I think my work in this area is now completed. There have been a lot of people who have contributed time, effort and input and for that, thank you. Hopefully these sliders allowed Cricket 22 to be the best version of itself it can be.

The past progress of the project can be viewed below.

Current progress

There have been a few developments since the project began. Starting with base sets and further experimental sets, these were then built into v1 of the slider spreadsheet. v4 is the current and final version, which is now live and ready to download.

Expand the sections below to have a look, and each one is dated so you can see the most recent.

The most recent version of the slider spreadsheet is v4, published in mid-April 2022.

The additional functionality of v2 and v3 was retained, with some changes to run rate, general AI ability and physics to try and lessen the impact of user spin bowlers.

For more information, you can view the explanation and change log post HERE.

To download the v4 spreadsheet, it is attached to the bottom of this post.

As an anecdotal change to the v4 numbers, some users have reported much better AI bowling with a slider setting for AI bowling quality set to zero. This is the opposite of what the slider's description suggests should be the case, but is worth noting and giving a go.

V3 of the slider spreadsheet was published shortly after v2, in mid-January 2022.

The additional functionality of v2 was retained, with some minor changes to pitch bounce based on BA's recent patches.

For more information, you can view the explanation and post HERE.

If you want to download it instead of V4, use the link above.

V2 of the slider spreadsheet was published in mid-January 2022.

Building on v1, additional functionality like home/away sliders, plus an extra modifier were built in for users.

If you want to download it instead of V3, use the link above.

The first version of the slider spreadsheet was published in December 2021.

If you want to download it instead of V2, use the link above. As of 18/01/2021, v1 has been downloaded over 650 times!

After some brief play testing, I've had a bit of an experiment with some T20 sliders.

These are far from the finished article and could well need extensive tweaks.

For an explanation of the two games I played with them, plus the sliders themselves (in a spoiler box at the bottom of the post) go HERE.

These T20 sliders were based on the numbers from v1 of the slider spreadsheet, and no doubt need updating with some of the slider numbers in v2.

Videos

For people wanting to know more about exact slider values and what they do, @SloppyMani and @Gamer Pradosh have created an excellent two part video explaining everything you could need to know.

Reskilled teams

I have reskilled my players in the past to lessen their general attributes, leading to (in my opinion) better game play. I have reverted back to "base" players with no reskilling as of March 2022, given the patches that were released and changes made to the overall build of the game.

If you still want more information on reskilling players and the discussion had at the time, CLICK HERE.

For guidance on exactly how I reskilled my players, CLICK HERE.

So there we are. Have at it people, go test and enjoy the v4 spreadsheet, but just some things to keep in mind....

Other sliders

This isn't a dictatorship, and we didn't have all the answers. As such, it may be possible, shocking as it is, that other people have good stuff to offer. For anyone lurking and wanting to ask the "What's the best sliders?!" question, this is for you. Here is a collection of any other sliders that I come across:
If you have sliders you want to add to this list and I've not seen them elsewhere, drop me a DM.

Oh, and if you're interested in my other ramblings about cricket pitches, click here. Or take a look at this.

For reference, this post was last updated - 14/04/2022 (added the v4 spreadsheet)
Thanks champ, those sliders were awesome!

I only had to boost the spin drift substantially more than what it mentioned as I like to turn the ball whilst bowling and like to play with or against the turn whilst batting, more fun!
Also upped the spin flight & spin bounce indicators to get a more realistic (& visible) difference between fast (around 85), normal (around 80) & flighted (around 75) delivery speeds (for spinners).

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Thanks champ, those sliders were awesome!

I only had to boost the spin drift substantially more than what it mentioned as I like to turn the ball whilst bowling and like to play with or against the turn whilst batting, more fun!
Also upped the spin flight & spin bounce indicators to get a more realistic (& visible) difference between fast (around 85), normal (around 80) & flighted (around 75) delivery speeds (for spinners).
As I'm sure @WealeyH will chip in, be careful with spin flight.

I seem to think he has his really low to try and negate some of the AI's issues playing spin.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
As I'm sure @WealeyH will chip in, be careful with spin flight.

I seem to think he has his really low to try and negate some of the AI's issues playing spin.
Below are my settings, haven't seen any problems:
Spin Bounce: 65
Spin Flight: 60
Spin Drift: 33
Spin Revolution: 71

The above settings ensure good spin drift and realistic spin bowling speed variations (fast, normal, flighted)

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Hey Champs. does anyone know why my spinners have all of a sudden stopped turning the ball? I haven't made any changes to custom difficulty parameters.
Just out of the blue, spinners have stopped turning the ball, wondering if anyone else have experienced this problem before?

Users who are viewing this thread