Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I just saw that Sri Lanka were at a moment when they had 6 runs and lost 5 wickets. Jayasuriya went out without facing a ball. Which means he got 0 runs of 0 balls. That doesn't happen too often.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Ash ran out of options at the end and what he had left he had to go with Rubel, who has NO experience whats so ever. he couldnt pitch up ONE SINGLE bowl, not a single yorker to Murali.

cant believe BD yet again, gave away the chances of winning the series, starting from NZ series

Shakib is the MOS well done boi!

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Sangakkara is the Man of the Match and Shakib is the Man of the Series.

Anyway, somehow it turned out good that some players went to ICL, because Bangladesh is performing better then ever lately.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
thats what all the Bangladeshi fan said, sooner or later out sliders had to realize it too

5/6 the most fall of wicket in few runs. thats a little win for BD. I already gave up after the 1st innings. didnt even get to see 1st wicket. then all of a sudden i was dreaming! :eek:

BD did well to defend such a low score.

oh and Shakib gets the best spinner award from cricinfo Cricinfo - Chanders and Sehwag reign

he is also on #6 on ICC all rounder rankings. right under Gayle

Last edited:

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
He deserves it.Shakib has been marvelous and played some spectacular innings in past one year.
What I liked about him is that He always has been a team man.His mostly knocks were according to team situations.
But it really is disappointing that after having such a impact,Bangladesh lost.They are improving though,perfect series for them.

irottev

School Cricketer
A lot of people want the captaincy taken away from Ashraful. I think that would be a good idea. He's not a very good captain to put it bluntly. You keep your best bowlers for the death overs.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i dont blame Ash for bringing Rubel up on the 47th over, it was logical because of his stats > 7-2-20-0

Shakib > Naeem > Rubel > Shakib > Rubel again.

he changed Shakib and brought in Rubel... and Shakib had only ONE over left, and guessing kept it for 49th/50th over? he didnt know Murali was gona hit his one hit wonder now...he thought Rubel would clean the tail, like he did on the last game.

lol it was funny how Mash and Shakib was telling him so many things after he got for hit. all those advice didnt work

Yogy

Club Cricketer
What a thrilling end to a final. Sri Lanka set 153 for victory made a mockery of the chase by losing their top 5 wickets for just 6 runs, which, incidentally, is the lowest score at which a team has lost five wickets in an ODI. Sangakkara and Maharoof bailed them out with an important partnership before Shakib returned in the 44th over and dismissed Sanga and Kulasekara in one over, raising hopes of a Bangladesh win, but it was Muralitharan's heroics with the bat which took Sri Lanka home.

age of the fall

International Cricketer
^^ you just copied of the cricinfo

It's all he ever does. Lol.

Anyway, Still shocked to see Banga lose this one after I last checked at 5/hardly anything.

Good Job for improving Bangladesh. If they can get the teams into the positions they do and then actually finish it off they could be a very good side

.Mob

International Coach
Nah, I don't think Yogy copies, he just likes to sum it all up in his own words all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Proud of Raqibul today, well done man. Although, could have upped the strike rate a bit, but I guess the circumstances didn't allow such a thing.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
6-5 wow can't believe SL still managed to get home after that. Good to see Bangladesh is coming along nicely in the ODI form of the game.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, I don't think Yogy copies, he just likes to sum it all up in his own words all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

correcting, actully he copied that of STICK CRICKET. lol i knew i read it some where.. i thought it was cricinfo.

< check (go to commentary)

lol yoga played his trump card at the wrong time

MacLovin added 7 Minutes and 7 Seconds later...

Played a rash shot and got out, when they basically had won it anyway.

The guy has a lot of talent, I'm backing himl, but he needs to start making significant score, hasn't made on in a while now.

well he did his best on the last one

Last edited:

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't know that Stickcricket also had their own commentary to matches nowadays.

Users who are viewing this thread