Sri Lanka and Zimbabwe in Bangladesh (Dec 08-Jan 09)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
nowadays? its was there for ever, and they do scoring faster then crapinfo

irottev

School Cricketer
Not really. Bangladesh have been improving, plus anything can happen on those sub standard pitches.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The 3 match ODI series between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe will start after about 30 hours and since Zimbabwe already beat them in previous match, it's a good way to start things of.

Zimbabwe have shown in Zimbabwe they've been improving against Sri Lanka and the same did Bangladesh against Sri Lanka.

irottev

School Cricketer
This is getting absurd. The pitch can't be good for these consistently horrible scores. Bangladesh shouldn't be allowed to host so many ODIs. Disgraceful.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
No Offense but Ashraful my friend you are an idiot.I have never seen such a worst captaincy before.Thanks again because of you Bangladesh lost once again where they should have won comfortably.
Please go away Ashraful, please.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ LOL!

Bangladesh are the new SA, finds way to lose a winning game! this is so bad! they lost again vs Zim! how bad was the last few over selection!

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
And the most disappointing thing is that Ashraful has repeated same mistake 3rd time.I am more worried for momentum of Bangladesh cricket team.Guys like Shakib and Mortaza have performed more than 100 percent throughout the match and again Ashraful decided to finish their overs when there was no pressure.Any bowler would have bowled maidens in 30s overs.Zimbabwe already lost 7 wickets and there was no intention to hit the ball.
I am not saying that Mortaza or Ashraful would have sure finished the job at the end but you always try to bring your best bowler in end/pressure situations.
That was really insane.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
No Offense but Ashraful my friend you are an idiot.I have never seen such a worst captaincy before.Thanks again because of you Bangladesh lost once again where they should have won comfortably.
Please go away Ashraful, please.

You follow England and Bangladesh more than India :confused:

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
And the most disappointing thing is that Ashraful has repeated same mistake 3rd time.I am more worried for momentum of Bangladesh cricket team.Guys like Shakib and Mortaza have performed more than 100 percent throughout the match and again Ashraful decided to finish their overs when there was no pressure.Any bowler would have bowled maidens in 30s overs.Zimbabwe already lost 7 wickets and there was no intention to hit the ball.
I am not saying that Mortaza or Ashraful would have sure finished the job at the end but you always try to bring your best bowler in end/pressure situations.
That was really insane.

the thing is Mash himself wanted to finish his overs. he hates bowling on the death over. he doesnt have the confident. lol no one else does either!

"We discussed our options and I did speak to the spinners (Nayeem Islam and Mahmudullah) but probably their confidence level was not quite right and we had seen that the Zimbabwean batters at the crease were not too comfortable with pace," he said replying to a question of why he didn't gamble with a spinner Mahmudullah Riyad, who conceded only seven runs in six overs with one wicket, in the last few overs.

"Mashrafe (Bin Mortaza) doesn't feel comfortable with the old ball as well bowling in the powerplay and what he told me is that he would need some time to adjust with this," informed Ashraful when asked why he completed the full overs for Mashrafe.

The Daily Star - Details News

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
Zimbabwe are at 51/6 (23.0 ov). So Bangladesh are doing pretty good.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Saqibul with another freakish performance. 7 runs in 7 overs, must be near the most economical figures in ODI history.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
And ya that is some spirit guys.Well played Bangladesh.It will be nice final contest now.
I think Zimbabwe missed a trick here.Someone like Chibhabha would have made difference here.Pitch has been heaven for spinner and Zimbabwe same time missed a part timer there.
Good effort by Bangladesh though.

Users who are viewing this thread