TAOC Discussion

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Adarsh said:
Regarding the runner's speeds, I hope there isn't a big difference when, for eg. Inzaman runs along with Ricky Ponting (hypothetically). This might cause a bit of confusion and you might end up with two players on the same end! I remember EA Cricket 2000 did this with each player given a rating, and it caused a bit of confusion.

yeah, dont worry, it will be subtle...and i have also made it so the batsman that gets to the other end first will wait for the 'slower' batsman to turn around and come for the next run...however, if the stats are poor for running decisions then there can be mix ups anyway...but that's all part of the fun of it...by the way, you can end up with both batsman almost at one end in real life too, although that's rare ;)

las_faiz said:
Just saw the videos. They r amazing.
The shots n animations r spot on. Kudos to LM
Great work.
One thing I noticed though was tht when the batsmen is in the crease
facing the ball he is showing his stump too much. Maybe if he covers his stump a little
n if u make the batsmen spread his legs a little tht would be great.
Ne ways amazing work. Ur giving both EA n BLC a run for their money.

i should mention that there are 3 different stances for batsman, so a bit of variety there...im thinking about adding more, but we'll have to see ;)

Also, regarding the positioning, remember you will be able to take guard when you come to the crease and in between overs, so the positioning is irrelevant at the moment...that's just a position i chose until i implement the taking guard stuff...

LM

blackleopard92 said:
but 14 MB<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<22MB, and for same content, there's a massive diff in size. :eek:

yes, i added a couple more to the third installment

cric_craze said:
how come we dont see the bowlers in the videos. are u working on them ? anyways LM plz check my last post thanks

i did check it, but im not getting into another debate about cost etc.

im sure we can work out other payment methods than credit card if that became an issue...

unless you are good at stadium modelling, then then's not much i really have for you to do...sorry

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
hondeyho said:
I love the fact that it is very hard to hit a 4 because you have to get it perfectly in the blue, but you have to be careful not to hit it in the air. I only just released that :p

The 3rd Video looks great aswell, especially the Kits which are looking fabulous. All the player animations have been captured very well.

yeah, that's right...you'll have to take my word for it, but the videos dont quite give you a full sense of what it feels like to play it ;) It's so much cooler when you are playing and it really feels satisfying to dispatch one to the boundary or even just to sweetly caress it into a gap for a single, and you pull off exactly what you were intending...it's a simple enough system to get to grips with but allows massive variety and feels very intuitive - i will post a list very soon of the entire stroke array available to batsmen.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I have only seen the first two shots (it's taking a while to download) and they are brilliant. Well done LM, keep it up

ziad123_2005

Club Cricketer
i have come up with a really good idea dont think anyone has thought of it, though its going to be another pain:

Why not have a legend-says show where there is a show in the beginning, at lunch, and at the end of the match. There are former players sitting and discussing a game, have their views. and then have packages, like super 4's, catch of the match, master blaster, the most odd moment of the day. I know this is asking too much but it would be simply the best scenes to watch !

D

Deleted member 11215

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
:eek::eek:
GREAT WORK
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

cant wait till i get my beta copy i felt like i was playing even though i was watching im gonna get going on those faces now its really made me wanna do more work!

Great Work
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
:hpraise:hpraise
024.gif
024.gif
LM
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif
024.gif

arkmarkell

School Cricketer
Legend Master could probably do a highlights package at the times u asked, but to have former players chatting is too much. He would have to record or gain recordings for every time. The highlights is a good idea, but lets just let LM focus on making the gameplay the best, forget graphics or out of game items.

ziad123_2005

Club Cricketer
i know but it isnt gameplay only that makes the game best, add-ons hav a big impact on the game, but i think ure right, highlights are enough

blackleopard92

Panel of Selectors
LM had planned to release a high quality video (>50Mb) of above to see all those improvements.
Now, I can only see the fluidity of shots(which are simply superb) however, many tings like outfields, playermodels etc can only be see in a hi res video.

srk121

International Coach
legend_master said:
yeah, ive been meaning to change that...very quick thing to fix...will most likely do that tomorrow night...

also, i should mention that the videos probably need to be viewed a few times to pick up stuff as it all goes pretty quick ;)

PLease also bear with the website...i noticed it's getting hammered lol :crying :boxing

dont worry though, by the time the first demo is released i will have the site hosted with a different mob with much better bandwidth

LM

Paul keep that as well. and make new animation as well so that it look good in game. different type of tapping and stuff add to reality of the game. so keep this in game as well as if you have time make new animation as well. cheers.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
ziad123_2005 said:
yea im waiting too
Don't worry, I had the small matter of school and a cricket match to do before I could get around to sorting out the high quality video. I'm now doing it. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread