The Commentating Team

Owzat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just added the link, so this list is confirmed :D

Sad to miss out on Sidhu and Boycs though.

England: David Lloyd, Michael Atherton, Ian Botham, Nasser Hussain, Mark Nicholas, Alan Wilkins

Would easily and willingly pass on all of that lot to have Sir Geoffrey there

English commentators easily the best once again.

:noway

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
/\ Surely better than the others. Would take Bumble, Nasser and Atherton any day over the likes of Manjrayker, Bhogle and Chappell.

----------

Do miss Richie though :( Easily the best commentator to grace the game.

Last edited:

International Coach
Thank god their is no Ian Healy, the most biased commentator.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
We just need Tony Greig, that's it. He is awesome.

Even Robin Jackman, Pommie Mbangwa, Ravi Shastri, Sanjay Manjrekar and Ramiz Raja are good.

simsanta123

Club Cricketer
I really like listening to Harsha Bhogle. He has a very good knowledge of the game, and unlike some (read Ravi Shastri) doesn't keep repeating lines such as 'they have to make sure they don't lose any more wickets' (sheesh, who doesn't know this)

stefan

International Coach
The entire list is up here

K, a quick search and the entire list is up here

India: Ravi Shastri, Sunil Gavaskar, Sanjay Manjrekar
England: David Lloyd, Michael Atherton, Ian Botham, Nasser Hussain, Mark Nicholas, Alan Wilkins
Pakistan: Wasim Akram, Ramiz Raja
New Zealand: Simon Doull, Danny Morrison
West Indies: Ian Bishop, Tony Cozier
Sri Lanka: Russel Arnold
Zimbabwe: Alistair Campbell, Pommie Mbangwa
South Africa: Pat Symcox, Robin Jackman, Lance Klusener
Australia: Ian Chappell, Tony Greig, Tom Moody
Bangladesh: Athar Ali Khan, Shamim Chowdhury

Harsha Bhogle, Dermot Reeve & Simon Hughes will be based exclusively out of the studio.

Interesting that Pat Symcox is going, he isn't used locally anymore because he was too critical of the cricket board. Also very critical of them with his tweets, going to be interesting if he does SA games.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
There will be a team of 6-8 commentators for each game. The country games would be definitely covered by the commentators from that country. Tom Moody is the only new fella in the list whom I haven't heard previously.

Dermot Reeve should have gotten a few matches. Ganguly too, will be in the studio.

Btw, who on earth is Simon Hughes ?

P

pcfan123

I find the kiwi commentators to be among the most biased and unprofessional. That being said they are also very entertaining.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Thank god their is no Ian Healy, the most biased commentator.

Amen to that. There was a short time when Heals was the 'breath of fresh air' in the commentary box, but now he's annoying, never shuts up and you are right is even more biased than Bill Lawry - which is saying something...

Btw, who on earth is Simon Hughes ?

Was "The Analyst" for Sky was it? Remember him in the 2005 Ashes. His newspaper articles usually revolve around Hawkeye analysis, so he might be the one guy who'll actually be watching the game rather than swapping cliches with other has-beens.

ferg512

International Coach
I find the kiwi commentators to be among the most biased and unprofessional. That being said they are also very entertaining.

Yeah I would probably agree although I would say Aussie ones (Channel 9) is worse.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Does anyone know which commentators we get here in America?

The same ones that have been mentioned in the post. You analysts may be different, depending upon the clause/contract between ESS and your US broadcaster.

Users who are viewing this thread