The Commentating Team

used2bcool

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I'm glad none of the Channel 9 guys are there. I'm also happy that L Sivaramakrishnan and Arun Lal are missing. Sidhu is only in the studio, which means I can mute that part. Why can Sri Lanka not produce a single commentator of caliber? From the warmup game, I found Simon Doull to be quite pleasant. No Jeremy Coney? Boo.

Sunil Gavaskar is also biased.

Where are Ramiz and Michael Holding?

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sidhu is only in the studio, which means I can mute that part.
Lol, I love it when he talks. That's the only part I don't mute when a conversation in on in the studio.

Tony Greig is far more better as a commentator. In the studio, Sidhu just doesn't allow anyone else to talk. :p

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Gooch was good too. He was with ESS during the the World T20 in South Africa too.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
What was it that David Lloyd came up with during the Netherlands-England game ?? Some sort of a mix-up between Ten-Dulkar & ten-Doeschate . Sadly , i was out for a marriage and all that my friends said the following day were 'he is lousy' !

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
What was it that David Lloyd came up with during the Netherlands-England game ?? Some sort of a mix-up between Ten-Dulkar & ten-Doeschate . Sadly , i was out for a marriage and all that my friends said the following day were 'he is lousy' !

That was supposed to be a pun. Sad if your friends did not get that.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Sad if your friends did not get that.

They probably foul-mouthed him on purpose considering i support England . :p
David Lloyd IMO is easily the best English commentator so i was really surprised when they came out blasting him in that manner .

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Alan Wilkins is quite dry,boring and irritating. Shastri was quite nervous today when England was on a clear win. Later his voice got cleared when Zaheer picked up two great wickets lol

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Shashtri is biased. Just check up the highlights of the game wherein Yuvraj smashed Broad for 6 sixes. Shashtri almost wet his pants with excitement. :D

AndyRAC

School Cricketer
Why is there a commentary team? Why can't we have our normal commentators? We don't get German, Brazilian, Spanish, etc commentators during the FIFA World Cup.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Because cricket, unlike football, is mostly an international sport. Everyone knows the commentators from each different country.

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
Alan Wilkins is quite dry,boring and irritating. Shastri was quite nervous today when England was on a clear win. Later his voice got cleared when Zaheer picked up two great wickets lol

Alan Wilkins is lame. He just reads the stats on the screen mindlessly or regurgitates the facts he's been handed by the stat guy. He told us that Thomas Odoyo was the ICC Associate ODI player of the year in 1997 twice in 5 overs during one of the Kenya games. A pretty lame fact to begin with, but he had to tell us twice.

Shashtri is biased. Just check up the highlights of the game wherein Yuvraj smashed Broad for 6 sixes. Shashtri almost wet his pants with excitement. :D

Well to be fair, that had only happened once before in international cricket and only a couple of times in all cricket. That is the kind of thing you SHOULD be wetting your pants over.

I'm glad none of the Channel 9 guys are there. I'm also happy that L Sivaramakrishnan and Arun Lal are missing. Sidhu is only in the studio, which means I can mute that part. Why can Sri Lanka not produce a single commentator of caliber? From the warmup game, I found Simon Doull to be quite pleasant. No Jeremy Coney? Boo.

Sunil Gavaskar is also biased.

Where are Ramiz and Michael Holding?

Agree with most of that. Arun Lal babbling and mentioning 'pressure' with every third word would have been irritating deluxe. And Simon Doull might just be the best commentator at this WC. Even during last night's fair lame Canada-Zim game he was a class above the rest of the idiots. He actually WATCHES the game...

Ramiz is there, listen to some Pakistan games and you'll hear him.

I think that the Austraillians particularly Tony Grieg,Bill Lawry, Mark Taylor & Shane Warne are the most unbiased commentators, Infact the best Commentators. While Ramiz and Sanjay Majerker also try hard to become like one and they succeed often times.

I generally agree - but Bill Lawry is like a fish out of water in that list my friend. He is as biased as anyone you'll find. He and Ian Healy are terribly one eyed.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Surprising,that very few Aussie commentators are on the list. ESS should have gotten hold of Warne and Taylor at least.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I can't believe Mark Nicholas failed to make the cut for the WC . He's personally my favourite .
And the ones who need to be chucked out are Alan Wilkins , Nasser Hussain , Sanjay Manjrekar , Sourav Ganguly(sorry Dada :p) , Russell Arnold - the king of the pack !

----------

IMO this would be my proposed commentating team :

Ravi Shastri
Harsha Bhogle
David Lloyd
Michael Atherton
Pommie Mbangwa
Mark Nicholas
Ian Chappell
Michael Holding
Robin Jackman
Ramiz Raja (another personal favourite)
Danny Morrison

12th man :

Iain Smith :p

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Surprising,that very few Aussie commentators are on the list. ESS should have gotten hold of Warne and Taylor at least.

omg... how can you not see how bias warne, nicholas, taylor and every other channel 9 commentator (except for tony greig and richie benaud) are.

Users who are viewing this thread