The Commentating Team

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I can't believe Mark Nicholas failed to make the cut for the WC . He's personally my favourite .
And the ones who need to be chucked out are Alan Wilkins , Nasser Hussain , Sanjay Manjrekar , Sourav Ganguly(sorry Dada :p) , Russell Arnold - the king of the pack !

Ather Ali Khan as well

omg... how can you not see how bias warne, nicholas, taylor and every other channel 9 commentator (except for tony greig and richie benaud) are.

Taylor and Warne are good enough. I agree that Lawry, Healy and the others are not. Benaud- I personally feel he is too old to continue with this job now.

Addy

National Board President
I can't believe Mark Nicholas failed to make the cut for the WC . He's personally my favourite .
And the ones who need to be chucked out are Alan Wilkins , Nasser Hussain , Sanjay Manjrekar , Sourav Ganguly(sorry Dada ) , Russell Arnold - the king of the pack !

Nasser Hussain is one of my favourites, I love his commentary when we are on song! :lol

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The other guys in Extra Cover are not gonna complain. Just for keeping mu, they are getting paid a hell lot of money. They'd probably want to thank Sidhu for that. :D

Brook

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Why is there a commentary team? Why can't we have our normal commentators? We don't get German, Brazilian, Spanish, etc commentators during the FIFA World Cup.

Actually you do often have foreign pundits in the studio during the football one.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Alan Wilkins is lame. He just reads the stats on the screen mindlessly or regurgitates the facts he's been handed by the stat guy. He told us that Thomas Odoyo was the ICC Associate ODI player of the year in 1997 twice in 5 overs during one of the Kenya games. A pretty lame fact to begin with, but he had to tell us twice.

Quite right, I also have some doubts that He knows little about Cricket. He is just a sports commentator because I also see him commenting in Tennis Matches, The Grand Slam Tournaments of Tennis with PJ.

As far as Australlian commentator goes, No Man, I dont think so that Bill Lawry is biased. I have never seen such a passionate commentator who loves cricket and he is the only commentator who is unbaised, I have been listening to him since 1992 World Cup. Tony Grieg is another, A Tremendous Commentator, He puts so much energy into you with his Voice. But I agree on Ian Healy, Micheal Slater and Mark Nicholas, They are indeed biased imo

Last edited:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Wilko is that ESS guy who fits in anywhere. I am assuming he might be on the board of ESS and has the luxury of choosing the sport he wants to commentate on.

A bit like what Harsha Bhogle used to be earlier.

----------

But I agree on Ian Healy, Micheal Slater and Mark Nicholas, They are indeed biased imo

I love Slats. Always the jovial kind and loved him even more when he actually hosted a few shows during the inaugural ICC World T20 2007. Basically, he was one of ESS's leading commentators then alongside Harsha and Wilkins.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Guys forgot Mark Taylor - if anyone could reach the skies by being biased , its him ! I love Bill Lawry though , what an amazing voice he's got despite being that old , especially that 'gotttttttt-him' & 'dear-o-dear' , it just makes me adore him . And noway is Lawry biased , never !

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
BANG

I love Bill Lawry though , what an amazing voice he's got despite being that old , especially that 'gotttttttt-him' & 'dear-o-dear' , it just makes me adore him . And noway is Lawry biased , never !

Well said about Lawry, There is another his Huge Comment which I appreciate a lot "Could be Out Should be Out!!!!" And the Famouns "BANNNGGG"

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Well said about Lawry, There is another his Huge Comment which I appreciate a lot "Could be Out Should be Out!!!!" And the Famouns "BANNNGGG"

And i also forgot his other trademark comment : " You-beauttty !!! "

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
'Caught it clean as a whistle' is another of his favourites too.

Bill is perhaps not biased, he's just a bit ignorant. You can tell he's never seen most of the newer international players that come out each summer (probably too busy with his pigeons to watch non-Australian cricket :p). He's a hard man to impress too generally - he can be pretty harsh on some of them, but once the non-Australian players do impress him, then he's a vocal supporter. eg. Tim Bresnan this summer was loved by Bill, Albie Morkel of summers past. Not big names, but guys who made a good first impression on him.

Users who are viewing this thread