updated stadium pictures

zohaib19

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hy guys well actually i am trying to update the stadium pictures because the ingame pictures are really olddddddddd so i am trying to put in new ones for every country at the moment i have done one pic for srilanka premadasa stadium,colombo have a look and tell me whether its good and any suggestions thx...here is the pic..

Attachments

• sl2.bmp.psd.jpg
    sl2.bmp.psd.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 312

Jace11

School Cricketer
Keep it up mate, I too am trying to do similar things. I have made edited team logos for all the teams in ICC2005.

You can download them as a zip in this thread at cricketweb

http://forum.cricketweb.net/showthread.php?t=14592

I was also looking at updating the background pictures. You are right, they are old and grainy and 8bit colour, when the game will take much better quality pics despite running at 800x600.

My problem is finding really good high quality photos of cricket grounds. Google image searches don't come to much and then best images have to be about 1028x768 or more to be shrunk down to make a good background. There are places like gettyimages, and they have extensive archives but you need to register and pay for them.

Because I could only get low res pictures, I had to resort to stylising them in photoshop to hide the lack of detail. However I did find a few good "big" pics.

So, I kinda figured it was an impossible job to get them all updated. However, I did do a few. I will find them and upload them for you.

Last edited:

Jace11

School Cricketer
Here is old trafford, Lords and the new Oval for england. you can copy them for the relevant county grounds too.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=18L6TH8H

download the zip from the link and extract the bitmaps. then if you want to use them put them in your GRNDS folder in the ICC2005 directory (wherever you installed it too)

Last edited:

zohaib19

School Cricketer
well i am also tryin to get some high quality and latest pics but i am unable to get thts why the pic i posted was too pixled....

Warwickshire

Club Cricketer
I can tell you a tip to get real badges into the game.

If you have an older version of the game then got to that file and look for the badges then copy and paste them into the badge file in ICC 2005

kodos

International Coach
i have also made an attempt. Here are 2 pics of SCG and MCG.

Attachments

• sydney2.JPG
    sydney2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 254
  • mcg2.JPG
    mcg2.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 243

woosaah

Club Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
we should try and get as many people out there as possible and take some pictures of the grounds ourselves. i can get a picture of the baisn reserve in New Zealand but not until cricket season actually starts here. and maybe one of Lancaster park/Jade Stadium in Christchurch if i go around xmas. if you guys want those pics i can get them when i get them :D

i could easily get the Jade Stadium one around october but it will have a rugby field instead of a cricket field in it, thats when i am going home again :(

Briggsey

International Coach
Lol Kodos is doesnt help that they say Gettyimages on them! Nice try anyway!

Oh an Jace, I notice that those pics of stadiums are set for England screens, so would it be possible for us to rename them to say LNC for Lancashire?

Last edited:

dobbo2k4

Club Cricketer
Looking OK apart from the Gettyimages name which I don't think would look too good on the game!

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Good work, Jace11. :)
The logos and stadium pictures make the game ultra-realistic! :cool:
I'm working on patches for ICRICKET now! ;)

Ste

Executive member
Heres a better images of the MCG:

Australia-Victoria-Melbourne-Cricket-Ground-Ashes-fourth-test-MY.jpg

and St Lucia:

DSCN1754.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread