Warmup matches

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Clarke FAIL again, that strike rate aint gonna win us games pal.
Indeed, I'm usually not so tight about scoring rates, but in a 8.65 rpo chase, it was a little slow, even for an anchoring sort of innings. He should have had at least an extra 4 in there; perhaps indicating that he needs a go-to improvisational shot like the dink to fine leg.

Though it was a lengthy partnership that Clarke shared with Warner and that can be underestimated. In the IPL we saw how the Delhi top order, although packed with boundary hitters, rarely fired on all cylinders. You often need a more careful player to make a looser one more practical.

However, this is ignoring the fact that they lost by 1 run. Their scoring in a pretty sizeable chase was mostly good enough, even though their 3rd highest scorer was tied with extras. In a real game, you'd expect better composure from the likes of Mike Hussey and White, who didn't play. I think I'd like to see Watson down the order as well, as the middle order really suits him in T20. Similarly, it might be more workable to have Haddin up higher.

I think the concern from this game was the bowling. All credit to Zimbabwe but you generally wouldn't want more than 160 from them even in really good conditions.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Maybe you were but I wasn't.

I was saying even if WI win the T20WC, it's not like it will help them in any way. Later they will lose a Test match or an ODI series against Bangladesh or Zimbabwe and all this hope will dissipate.

You know I am nor sure if I should laugh or pity you!! You see that is the problem with "SOME" of you Australian fans and supporters, you just refuse to accept that "bottom-dwellers" Zimbabwe beat Australia, and I could not care if it was a warm-up or a warm-down match, it was a defeat to a strong Australia XI! Instead you are in a ICC WC T20 thread and saying you are not talking T20, you are talking about West Indies future, what has that got to do with anything? How is it that you want to talk West Indies future in cricket in this thread? How can you know what will help West Indies cricket or not?? Man stick to the title of the thread and talk "ICC WC T20"!!!
Oh and accept the fact that Australia was beaten by Zimbabwe period!!!

TumTum

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I actually want WI to win this. Their cricket been through a lota crap lately. They can use this .. They need it to unite themselves and to bring the crowds back.

Even if they do win this, won't change anything. Everyone will be saying "oh yey WI cricket is back in" and then they will lose against zimbabwe or bangladesh again :facepalm

I posted this before we lost btw.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^
Really, like the Aussies did too?

WI lost the first ODI to Zimbabwe in 2007 before their tour of South Africa and then won 4-1. Getting concerned over one loss or the replacement team losing to Bangladesh is just stupid.
Making a big deal over nothing. WI have had worst things happen to them off field then they have on field.

You cant complain over 1 or 2 bad games. Its sports. You cant win every time. No matter how good you are.

----------------

Irl getting their ass beat down by Afg

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Dawlat Ahmadzai claimed 4 for 15!! Cool!!

Also England 35/1...

I am pretty sad that Star Cricket Is Not Showing These Matches..

Last Time Around They Showed India VS Pakistan and India VS Newzealand Warmups!!

rahulkhush added 2 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Lol at Dilshan!!!

Another Golden Duck

Srilanka will fail big time this year.. Thanks To IPL!!

South Africa managed the chase just It was Botha Innings that saved them!!

Boucher though did bat well!!!

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Benn is killing NZ 3 runs from his 2 overs with 2 wickets. 50/6 after 12 overs no Ryder, Oram and Taylor at the crease, Oram in particular could use some batting practice.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Spin isn't a factor, it's just that NZ is crap against spin :sarcasm

Yea anything to take credit away from the West Indies who will lose a test against Zimbabwe and Bangladesh as soon as the tournament is over.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
I thought they would open with Fletcher and Gayle in 20/20. Hope this combo works during the tournament.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
YES! so WI board can hear me!! go check the WI thread.

Shiv and Gayle opens for my team!!

Users who are viewing this thread