WC 2007 Final

aus5892 said:
If we win this World Cup, I will look forward to coming on here and going nuts, proving all the doubters wrong and proving that we are the best. I hope all the Aussie fans will join me.
You can rest assured that if Australia do not win the World Cup, everyone who is not an Australian supporter will happily rub it in your faces, as well.

etho11 said:
Mate i will join you all the way and make sure these kids get it though their head who is the best in the business.
Funny you call people kids when you're having trouble spelling. :)

Funny how your teams back home washing their wives dishes.

andrew_nixon said:
I predict that the team which wins will be the team that scores the most runs.

:p

:D

I just wish that we get a match that goes down to the 100th over. This match is more like the World v/s the Aussies rather than SL v/s Aus. :p

andrew_nixon said:

So you mean the team will bat first will win the Cup ;)

I'm not willing to debate this with anyone, since it's a gut feeling rather than a thought out one, but I have a feeling Sri Lanka will win this... maybe it's just that I want them to win for the sake of parity but I have a feeling that the Sri Lankan attack, given its diversity, might trouble the Aussies.

andrew_nixon said:

You never know DL could come into the equation... :p

I'll be supporting SL tomorrow, two reasons,

A) It'd be nice to have a different winner after the last two being won by the Aussies.

B) Some of the Aussie fans just think its a foregone conclusion. They obviously don't understand the skill of the SL team. One big knock from Jayasuriya will get them a big score and one spell from Murali where he turns it big, could make Australia's innings collapse.

I know how dangerous the Sri Lankans are and there plans and mind games have been just as good as the Australians if not better so dont make a stupid assumtion like that

I Think the Aussies will win tomorrow, BUT Malinga is a big threat and Vaas is well just Vaas, Murali is always a threat and if Jayasuria can get a big score it'll be a very interesting match but if McGrath, Tait and Hogg fire like during the other matches plus Gilly will most likel be getting some form and Haydos and Punter are raring to go.

1) Sanath Vs Hayden

Both hunting for massive boundaries and hence lot of runs expected.

2) Tharanga Vs Gilli

Yet to see a big one from them.

3) Sangakkara Vs Hussey

Both are very very potential match winning players but yet to see a big one from them in this WCup.

4) Jayawardena Vs Ponting

Ponting being bit more aggressive.. Jayawardena has the capability to adjust himself according to what situation demands from him. Both are excellent captains.

5) Chamara Silva Vs Clarke

Consistent runscorers for their teams... atleast in this WC, they both are good in form.

In batting i dont find any side being low with respect to other. Its an equal contest.

6) McGrath Vs Vaas

Always spot on in line and length.

7) Malinga Vs Tait

Malinga gains upper hand as Tait usually struggles a bit atleast in giving extras... both hunting for more and more pace though.

8) Murali Vs Hogg

No doubt, Its Murali!!!!! Batsmen have to be careful when Murali is in attacking mode. Hogg, he is in good form this WCup.. but i personally do think, Lankans will manage that, as Asian players, in generall are better players of spin than non-Asian players. When Murali is in defensive mode, for sure, atleast 3-4 singles should be available.. which means, batsmen must try to keep him without a wicket no matter if gives 35-40 in his 10 Overs rather than getting out by trying to attack him. Another interesting contest!

hmmmm... Interesting!!! Overall, its going to be an exciting contest considering both the teams are not low by any means with respect to each other and its not a bad day for any of these sides like what SA had in their semis! :)

Last edited:
I don't think Jayasuriya would be the one to get the big score. I'd be more concerned about Sangakarra or Jaywardene. We'd have the bowl very poorly to give Jayasuriya a score.

I reckon the Aussies will win due to the fact that we have scored 300, 300+ numerous times without the blast of Gilly. I have a feeling Gilly will go all out and get a large score which will increase the run rate hence forward getting Australia to 350+.

Hopefully :p

wfdu_ben91 said:
I don't think Jayasuriya would be the one to get the big score. I'd be more concerned about Sangakarra or Jaywardene. We'd have the bowl very poorly to give Jayasuriya a score.
Very not true. Jayasuriya Is a great player, he is ageing fast but will still not be a push over for the Aussie quicks.
But so very true about Sangakarra, The quicks have to bowl smart to this fellow. Although these are just predictions i believed you predicted wrong and are not giving enough respect to some of these Sri Lankans, this aint gonna be no cruise through the carribean. We will have to work very hard for a win.

Users who are viewing this thread