West Indies Tour of Australia 2010

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Morton could be a surprise, he was always fairly tough, but seems to have improved since being dropped. Pollard has done well in T20s, but at this stage of his career, he shouldn't aim to expand upon that at all. He's found what he's good at, now to stick at it. Someone else in the top 4 will need to start playing out of their skin.

Yea Morton actually has a really good record in ODIs.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
PM 11
Matthew Hayden (captain), George Bailey (Tasmania), Tom Cooper (South Australia), Travis Birt (Tasmania), Mitchell Marsh (Western Australia), Tim Paine (Tasmania), Jon Holland (Victoria), Ben Oakley (ACT), James Pattinson (Victoria), John Hastings (Victoria), Peter George (South Australia), Jordan McLennan (ACT, 12th man)

Was going to make speculation that Steven Smith was going to play in the ODI side until I read NSW and Queensland have a FRC match the day before. Looks to be a really good side for the future.

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Wow, I read the first name and am thrilled! Matty Hayden taking over his best buddy JL as the skipper of the Pm's team.

An exciting team that, definitely one for the future. A couple of names in Tom Cooper, Mitchell Marsh, Tim Paine, Jon Holland, James Pattinson, John Hastings and Peter George that we should see on the back of some green and gold jerseys in the near future.

And interesting to see someone from the ACT, Ben Oakley. I've been wondering why no Aussie players are actually born in the ACT:eek:

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Wish they would show coverage of it, heap of players I wouldn't mind seeing in action. Going by that I'm guessing we will lineup as:

Hayden
Paine
Cooper
Bailey
Birt
Mitch Marsh
Ben Oakley (guessing hes a batter since the rest are bowlers)
John Hastings
James Pattinson
Jon Holland
Peter George

TumTum

International Cricketer
Whoever is in the squad, WI always manage to perform against us. I wouldn't be surprised if they win a game.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Who knows what the lineup will look like, there are 3 sure spots and everything else is up for grabs.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
Are they going to broadcast the PM XI match? Usually they do on Fox Sports.

TumTum

International Cricketer
On the other hand, our squad looks exactly the same except that Siddle is out.

Damn was hoping for some new talent, maybe next year :(

drainpipe32

Chairman of Selectors
Who changed the thread title :eek:

Gazza_11 added 9 Minutes and 55 Seconds later...

Peter Siddle out for the season with back injury
Terrible news, he's going to miss the whole NZ tour as well!

At the moment, only Bollinger and Johnson are fit out of our frontliners. I doubt Hilfy will be fit.

Wow, could Ryan Harris have chosen a better time to perform? Surely we'll take a swing bowler to NZ.

Johnson, Bollinger, McKay and Harris?

sifter132

Panel of Selectors
^Sounds about right. The only other 'veterans' that might get a look are Dirk Nannes and Stuart Clark (if he's back by then??). Guys like Noffke or Magoffin aren't bowling well enough for me. Otherwise they'll have to gamble on a youngster: George, Cutting, Hastings and maybe Hazlewood would be possibilities. But I think Harris would easily be ahead of those 4 as Ponting would trust him more.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Windies are destroying us :noway

And Gayle looks fresher than ever, hopefully he will swing himself to the bench before the series starts ;)

P

pcfan123

cricinfo is pathetic at keeping scorecards. Anyone know where to get ball by ball for this?

Users who are viewing this thread