WWE: Battle of the Brands - A Chez/Connor/Jay Story

With the draft completed, who do you think has the strongest roster?

• RAW (H0wZ4T!)

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Smackdown (The Spin)

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • ECW (GrayNicolls)

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Well be there for Smackdown, itll be way better than any "old-school" rubbish that Raw has. We have the future!

sd92

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
When is the next smackdown posted Chez?

sd92

International Coach
So the longer i have to wait the better it shall be :p...im off on holiday tomoro so i wont get to see it for like 10 days :p

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
171403486.jpg

Smackdown - Friday 3rd August
A Samoan Smackdown

Smackdown this week entered a new era with the recent complete shake up of the whole WWE, but it was someone who wasn't ever in WWE who made the biggest impact on the first of the new Smackdown shows.

The show started with a huge announcement and continued with even more. In massive news, Mick Foley was named as the new Smackdown General Manager. The Hardcore Legend took over the show and said he planned to make an impression, and what an impression he made on his first night. Firstly, he announced that the first round of matches in the World Heavyweight Championship tournament would take place, with Marcus Cor Von, John Cena and King Booker in action against the 3 mystery entrants to the tournament. Next, he said that the Cruiserweight title would be on the line live on Smackdown! Jimmy Wang Yang, Gregory Helms and one other man would go head to head for the gold. His final announcement was that Smackdown would have some matches to decide the challengers for the US Title at Summerslam in a Fatal 4-Way match. The first of these was a singles match between Chuck Palumbo and Chris Masters.

But Foley would be upstaged in the main event, when Marcus Cor Von found his opponent was Smackdown's most impressive new star, The Samoan Submission Machine, Samoa Joe! Joe took to the ring and disposed of Cor Von with ease as the crowd chanted his name through the building. He is certainly going to make waves in Smackdown over the coming weeks, but will he be able to win the World Championship at his first attempt?

The other mystery entrants turned out to be Charlie Haas and Hardcore Holly. Holly had a rough time competing with John Cena before being FUed for the win, but Charlie Haas picked up a huge upset win over Smackdown's resident royalty, King Booker. The talented Haas managed to score with a Haastile Takeover for the victory. Booker later remarked that he would have his revenge for this loss.

Elsewhere, the WWE Tag Team Championship Tournament got underway. Every week 2 teams face one another. The winners progress and the losers are out. To start the action off in this competition, Cade and Murdoch faced the young Major Brothers. The former ECW starlets shone out as they managed to pick up a victory and take out the 2-time Tag Champions from the tournament. Next week the Majors will have another opponent to overcome. Can they surprise everyone again and make it 2-0?

The Cruiserweight Championship found home, but it wasn't Helms or Wang Yang who held the gold aloft after the match. It was Smackdown's second debutant of the night who reigned supreme in the lightweights division. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels made an impression on his first WWE outing with an impressive victory, capped off by the "Angels Wings" move on Helms to score the win. He will have to prove he can perform consistently at that level to hold onto his newfound gold though.

In the first US Championship Contendership match, Chris Masters picked up a confident victory over Chuck Palumbo to book his place at Summerslam. Who will join him? Well next week find out as 2 matches take place for the oppertunity. Those are Marcus Cor Von vs. Viscera and The Great Khali vs. Val Venis.

Also on Smackdown, DX announced their intentions to succeed on their new show. They said in an interview that they would fight on two fronts, for the World Heavyweight Championship and for the WWE Tag Team Championships and were confident of winning both. They weren't in action this week, but next week they could face anyone.

Tune into Smackdown next Friday for the continuation of the Title Tournaments and more!

Match Results:

Samoa Joe bt. Marcus Cor Von (World Heavyweight Championship Tournament)

John Cena bt. Hardcore Holly (World Heavyweight Championship Tournament)

Charlie Haas bt. King Booker (World Heavyweight Championship Tournament)

The Major Brothers bt. Cade and Murdoch (WWE Tag Team Championship LotteryMatch Tournament)

Chris Masters bt. Chuck Palumbo (United States Title Shot @ Summerslam)

Christopher Daniels bt. Gregory Helms and Jimmy Wang Yang (New Cruiserweight Champion)

Last edited:

sd92

International Coach
Thats a great card and some nice results there chez. nice man!

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
171403502.jpg

RAW Preview - Monday 6th August

Monday Night RAW comes to you live from San Diego, California, as the new era of wrestling begins. With all the titles vacant, and with only two matches confirmed for the night, the show is going to be full of shocks and superises.

The only current match is a Tag Team match between The Hardy Boyz vs Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra. With many people considering one of these two to be the next holders of the Tag Team Championships, who will come out on top?

The mystery surrounding the vacant title's futures intensifys on RAW. It was confirmed on WWE.com, that there will be an Intercontinential Championship Challenge. Whoever wants to take the gold may come down to the ring and fight for it. Who will show up? Umaga, MVP, Ric Flair and Shelton Benjamin are amongst the favorites.

Confirmed Matches:

The Hardy Boyz vs Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra

The Intercontinential Championship Challenge

PLUS: Batista will address the crowd and Stone Cold Steve Austin will be in the building!

(Nice card like Simon said. But why did you write it like that? I thought you were doing like you do all the other times.)

Last edited:

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Yes, EWR (Extreme Warfare Revenge) which is a free wrestling booking simulator. Google it

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
171403502.jpg

Monday Night RAW
Monday 6th August 2007

The fireworks go off as Joey Styles and Jerry Lawler get themselves comfortable at ringside.

Segment One:
*The show kicks straight off as Batista approaches the ring in his white suit, to huge cheers from the crowd. He takes a microphone and walks around the ring, surveying the crowd.*

Batista: When I was drafted onto RAW, I felt like this was my time. A vacant WWE championship, just waiting for me to take. So, I promise you by the end of tonight, I will be your champ! [pop]

*However, the lights go off and a signature gong is heard. The Undertaker slowly walks to the ring, with the crowd going nuts. He snatches Batista’s microphone and stares him down.*

Taker: You? The champ. You’ve got to earn it, just..like..ME!

*They square up, until unknown to the crowd, both Kane and the King of the Jungle, Mark Henry join the argument in the ring. MacMilitant hits the sound system and Theodore Long arrives on the ramp, alongside Stone Cold Steve Austin.*

Long: Hold on a minute, playas!

*They ignore Long and continue to argue. Teddy whispers something to Austin, who takes the microphone.*

Austin: HEY! SHUT YOUR MOUTHS AND LISTEN BEFORE I COME IN THERE AND KISS ALL YOUR *BLEEP*

Long: Thanks Steve. I wish you were around more often. Lemme holler at 'cha, playas.. Undertaker was right, you got to earn that belt.. So tonight, it will be.. Batista.. vs Undertaker.. vs Kane.. vs Mark Henry for the title! Holler!

*The crowd roars and the four contenders stare at each other and in turn, leave the ring. Long and Austin go as well, leaving the crowd to dream of the main event.*

Segment Two:
The Hardy Boyz vs Johnny Nitro and Kenny Dykstra

This match showed what Monday Night RAW is all about. Early on, Nitro avoided a huge Swanton Bomb and got possibly the closest pin fall in history. However, after Jeff Hardy’s moonsault out the ring onto Dykstra, Matt Hardy nailed a Twist of Fate to make the pin and win this exciting match.

Winner: The Hardy Boyz

Aftermath: Each of the team members help their partners up and the crowd give a standing ovation to the men.

*The Hardyz climb the turnbuckles, celebrating, whilst Nitro and Dykstra walk up the ramp, shouting at Jeff and Matt. Johnny takes a microphone and starts to shout.*

Nitro: WE AIN’T FINISHED, YET!

*The Hardyz stand at the ropes, clearly not interested.*

Nitro: We still want those Tag Team titles, same as you! So, how about, we convince our GM to let us fight for them.. AT SUMMERSLAM! [pop]

Matt: OK, you’re on.. But on our terms..

Nitro: What?

*The Hardyz concur and then face Nitro and Dykstra again.*

Matt: A LADDER MATCH!! [pop]

*The teams start to shout at each other again, as Nitro/Dykstra retreat backstage.*

Segment Three:
*The scene fades to Theodore Long’s office. Stone Cold is sitting with his feet up on the desk, drinking some Texas beer, as Teddy hushes the dozen superstars in the office.*

Long: I brought you here, to talk about the current circumstances..

*Again, there is no reaction. Austin suddenly gets up, spilling his beer.*

Austin: SHUT THE HELL UP! See, you made me spill my beer..

*Stone Cold sits down again and the superstars are left quietly shaken, now looking at the GM.*

Long: Now, as I told you earlier, the Women’s Championship has been retired, so I got to bring in a new belt to replace it.. So, feast your eyes on this beauty, playas!

*Teddy Long holds the Hardcore Championship and the superstars passes it around the office.*

Long: From now on, this will replace the Women’s Division! And to spice things up, I’m bringin’ back the 24/7 rule. Anyplace, anytime, as long as you got a referee.. And our first champ will be.. erm, let’s see here.. SANTINO MARELLA! That’s all now, go back to your places.. I’ll holler at you, later!

*The camera changes to Lawler and Styles, back at ringside.*

Styles: The Hardcore Championship certainly will spice things up!

Lawler: I’ve seen many a matches with that 24/7 rule. It is so fun to watch!

Styles: It is, Jerry, that’s my opinion as well.. And remember, still to come tonight! The Intercontinental Championship Challenge, where any superstar that wants the title will come and fight for it.. And we’ve got Fatal-Four-Way between Batista, Undertaker, Mark Henry and Kane for the WWE Title!

*The camera changes to a small commercial break, hyping SummerSlam and reliving Smackdown!’s main moments, last week.*

Segment Four:
*When the commercial is over, the camera changes to the locker room. Santino Marella is looking at his newly-attained belt. Suddenly, Tommy Dreamer kicks down the door and dives onto Marella. A referee is present and Marella’s first Hardcore defence begins.*

Tommy Dreamer vs Santino Marella – Hardcore Championship

After some early shots from Marella, Dreamer recovered and managed to wheel in his trolley of weapons into the room. And after chair shots, a kendo stick and a frog splash through a table, Tommy made the pin and became the new Hardcore Champion.

Winner: TOMMY DREAMER – NEW HARDCORE CHAMPION

Aftermath: Dreamer stood tall over Marella’s lifeless body, before taking his new belt and leaving.

*As Tommy Dreamer exits, Maria enters the room and checks on him.*

Maria: Santino?? Santino?? Medics!

Segment Five:
*Torrie Wilson is backstage, outside the men’s locker rooms. She is anxiously waiting for someone to come out. MVP, in his wrestling attire, notices her and stops and leans on the door.*

MVP: What is a girl like you, doing way out here?

Torrie: I’m waiting for someone..

MVP: We’re all looking for someone, baby. So, why don’t we wait together..

Torrie: *looks at MVP* No, thanks.

MVP: Who is so special that you are here..

*The door opens and MVP stumbles. The Nature Boy, Ric Flair steps out and stares at MVP. They trade quiet insults, before MVP turns to Torrie.*

MVP: Oh, Nature Boy! Right.. Pfh..

Flair: Hey! Leave her..

MVP: Or what, old man?

*They square up and stare each other down.*

Flair: There is only one thing to do… WOOOOOOOOO!

*MVP falls back and walks down the corridor, facing Flair. Once he is gone, Torrie and Ric greet each other and walk off in another direction.*

Segment Six:

The Boogeyman w/Little Boogeyman vs Matt Striker

This was a quick squash match from Boogeyman, who absolutely dominated the teacher, Matt Striker. The Boogeyman finished it with a Boogey Bomb and pin fall.

Winner: THE BOOGEYMAN

Aftermath: Little Boogeyman helped his senior to open Striker’s mouth and feed him some nice worms. Lovely.

Lawler: Worms! That is disgusting!

Styles: Get used to him, he is going to be around for a while..

Segment Seven:
*The camera changes to Armando Alejandro Estrada, who is in the ring with his client, the Samoan Bulldozer, Umaga. He is smoking a cigar and raises the microphone to his lips.*

Estrada: TONIGHT, WE WILL HAVE A NEW INTERCONTINENTIAL CHAMPION! UMAGA!

*The crowd boos, as Umaga walks around Estrada, like a caged animal.*

Estrada: So, I strongly suggest to anyone with intentions of answering the open challenge, don’t bother!

*There is silence, until slowly, WOOOOOOO! rings throughout the arena and Ric Flair make his way to the ring.*

Flair: Let’s go!

Estrada: YOU FOOL!

Flair: Ah, maybe..

Styles: This is going to be good, so stay tuned to this match and our main event, after the break..

*The show cuts to a commercial break.*

Segment Eight:
Ric Flair vs Umaga w/ Armando Alejandro Estrada – WWE Intercontinental Championship

In the early parts of the match, Umaga does what he does best, destroying Flair. However, Flair suddenly locks in a Figure-Four-Leg-Lock. All of a sudden, MVP runs down the ramp, and delivers a Playmaker to Flair. He hooks the leg and the referee counts, 1..2..3!

Winner: MVP – NEW WWE INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION

Aftermath: Umaga destroys Ric Flair, as Montel leaves through the crowd, with his new belt.

Segment Nine:
*The camera changes to Batista, walking through the corridors.*

Lawler: It’s time for the Main Event!

Styles: A Fatal-Four-Way for the WWE Heavyweight Title!

Lawler: This should be special..

Segment Ten:
Batista vs The Undertaker vs Kane vs Mark Henry – WWE Championship

This was the greatest matches in a long time. The Brothers of Destruction reunited in the ring to take out the Animal and the Silverback, leaving Undertaker and Kane to battle it out. However, Kane nailed Undertaker with a chair when the referee wasn’t looking and took the win.

Winner: KANE – NEW WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

Aftermath: Undertaker recovered and moved his finger across his throat, telling Kane it was war.

*The Undertaker and Kane are shouting at each other, as Jerry Lawler and Joey Styles recap the night. The men are still in a deadly stare down, as RAW comes off the air.*

Quick Results:

The Hardy Boyz over Johnny Nitro & Kenny Dykstra
Tommy Dreamer over Santino Marella to win the Hardcore Championship
The Boogeyman over Matt Striker
MVP over Ric Flair and Umaga to win the Intercontinential Championship
Kane over Undertaker, Batista and Mark Henry to win the WWE Championship

Griffo

Chairman of Selectors
Kane is champ! WOOOT Good work but reading through the whole thing is a bit long andrepatative. An overview of each match would be good

Good storylines and writing though! Keep it up!

Users who are viewing this thread