Zimbabwe Tour of West Indies 2010

CG123

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Lol, it was just yesterday that Dare said WI were better than NZ... :laugh

P

pcfan123

cricinfo is like the Microsoft of cricket media. It is a crappy product but has a monopoly and we are basically forced to use it.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
cricinfo is like the Microsoft of cricket media. It is a crappy product but has a monopoly and we are basically forced to use it.
You're forced to use it in the same sense that if you google "cricket", you are forced to click the first link it gives you. People go to Cricinfo because it offers a wide range of different features in one site, not because it's impossible to get them anywhere else. In fact, you'll find many sites offer things that aren't offered by Cricinfo.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Yea but there were just as many that said that this is a good thing for Zimbabwe. The same ones that are screaming "oh I hate watching this" are pure 20/20 fans that got used to 150+ scores and huge sixes. When proper cricket appears even in a 20/20 they get confused, like all of a sudden not being able to walk.

Bullshit. It was rubbish to watch because the standard of cricket was so abysmal. The was some ok bowling, and it was turning a little bit, but the batting was just atrocious. One of the Zimbabwean opening batsman got beaten for pace first ball by a left-arm spinner, that is just shockingly bad. Some of the outfielding was atrocious too, just the all-round standard of cricket was rubbish. Has nothing to do with the low scores, low scoring T20 games can be some of the best, but not when the standard of cricket is that shocking.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Is cricinfo being a bitch for anyone else?

Yes Cricinfo, been bitching about for a many few hours now, don't know why.

ohh man am i dreaming or really Zim have beaten the W Indies.Big blow for Wi cricket

Yes they have beaten the West Indies, you are not dreaming. But please tell me how is that a Big blow for West Indies cricket? Maybe am a bit naive so please help me out.

Robelinda

International Coach
Lol Rob, India won the 1st won, which was the most unfortunate event in cricket history as it led to the creation of the IPL.

Pak won the second one.

Hah! I remember now, i'd forgotten how MENTAL cricket forums worldwide were at the time when India one that first one. Craziness indeed. It was a strange few months before the 20/20 World Cup, then India went mad and all of a sudden IPL is upon us and cricket got weird.

TumTum

International Cricketer
Hah! I remember now, i'd forgotten how MENTAL cricket forums worldwide were at the time when India one that first one. Craziness indeed. It was a strange few months before the 20/20 World Cup, then India went mad and all of a sudden IPL is upon us and cricket got weird.

Indians were indeed crazy then. They were so proud of their T20 success that they lamented T20 as the best format of cricket. They were also favourites for the 2nd T20 WC, and once they lost all 3 games in a row, the fan/media rage was exciting to watch.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
The only thing good about the match was the result. It was excruciating to watch. Cremer did impress me though. Looks a talent.

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Lol, it was just yesterday that Dare said WI were better than NZ... :laugh

Like you said a full strength WI team, this is one 20/20 I could care less. Trust me a fully fit WI squad is better then NZ in tests.

Dare added 4 Minutes and 20 Seconds later...

Bullshit. It was rubbish to watch because the standard of cricket was so abysmal. The was some ok bowling, and it was turning a little bit, but the batting was just atrocious. One of the Zimbabwean opening batsman got beaten for pace first ball by a left-arm spinner, that is just shockingly bad. Some of the outfielding was atrocious too, just the all-round standard of cricket was rubbish. Has nothing to do with the low scores, low scoring T20 games can be some of the best, but not when the standard of cricket is that shocking.

LOL so what did you expect, its Zimbabwe against the WI without half its good/entertaining batsman. The proper batting of Masakadza and Chigumbura won Zimbabwe the match, there is nothing to complain about.

Gurjot95

National Board President
Indians were indeed crazy then. They were so proud of their T20 success that they lamented T20 as the best format of cricket. They were also favourites for the 2nd T20 WC, and once they lost all 3 games in a row, the fan/media rage was exciting to watch.
On the positive note- due to this Indian fans bring their interest in ODI and Tests and thus when India become No. 1 in Tests and No. 2 in ODI. it majorly lowerd the interest of people in T20's and they started taking more interest in Tests. So big thanks to 2nd T20 WC.

Users who are viewing this thread