TAOC Special Update(UMPIRES ADDED)

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Just to be clear, the one on the right doesn't seem to have any shading applied to it which is why people are saying it looks 2D, whereas the first one is shaded. The one on the right is clearly a higher-quality model.

Nice one.

Thanks, Tom, at last the voice of reason ;)

Yep, Tom's correct. The model on the right is fully lit with no shading, hence the 'flat' look. To be fair these renders are not really giving you guys much to compare, especially in the non-animated pose, but i can tell you first hand after exporting the models into the game that they look really amazing. We just wanted to show you guys some initial fruits of our labour. The new model (on the right) is so smooth and detailed in game...really fantastic...the shading also works much better on them as the models are better constructed, so they really come out looking like modern day models.

IMHO they are better than the EA 07 models. They also look better than the old models when animated due to the better deformation of the geometry. Will have to get you to trust me on these until i can post some in game pix....

cheers,

LM

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
This really is fantastic news! One thing i wan't to know, the announcement mentioned individual kits etc. does that also go for faces?

Again, LM and his team, keep up the work! I'm almost as excited for this as i was when i learned how to edit ICC 2008, Chewie will vouch that i was a pain in the ass ;) Which i hope i won't be to you when i say, Fantastic WORK!

When will it be relea....I'm only joking ;)

legend_master

This really is fantastic news! One thing i wan't to know, the announcement mentioned individual kits etc. does that also go for faces?

Again, LM and his team, keep up the work! I'm almost as excited for this as i was when i learned how to edit ICC 2008, Chewie will vouch that i was a pain in the ass ;) Which i hope i won't be to you when i say, Fantastic WORK!

When will it be relea....I'm only joking ;)

That's correct, each player has their own unique texture map assigned to them, so the player's face is included in that unique texture map.

6 x Afridi

Club Cricketer
NO NO NO

I dont believe it

OMg that face loooks soo real like u cut and pasted a guy from a picture man

OMG. keep this up

one word
Dam homes

Neo95

Club Cricketer
Will the editing of kits,faces etc based on the same technique that is used for making C2k7 faces, kits?

Black Magic

Panel of Selectors
Oh wow I just re read and each player has a unique kit kind of thing. That is absolutely amazing. Now with Tendulkar and his unique helmet, this is seriously going to be the most realistic game ever. I can't wait starting to make patches for it, but I won't need to as you guys will release it the best anyway.

Just on another note, with the stats of people there was an auto stats update through cricinfo for the cricket 07 game. It would be very easy for you guys if there was something like that here.

legend_master

Oh wow I just re read and each player has a unique kit kind of thing. That is absolutely amazing. Now with Tendulkar and his unique helmet, this is seriously going to be the most realistic game ever. I can't wait starting to make patches for it, but I won't need to as you guys will release it the best anyway.

Just on another note, with the stats of people there was an auto stats update through cricinfo for the cricket 07 game. It would be very easy for you guys if there was something like that here.

Actually helmets/hats/caps etc and kneepads will not be unique (at this stage) but everything else will be. Though it wouldn't be that much effort to allow for helmets and kneepads to also be unique. Will definately consider doing i later on.

If anyone can work out how to auto update stats from Cricinfo then i'd be a very happy man :)

Our stats are held in a simple text file, so it should not be too hard in theory...if anyone is up to the task let me know and ill give you a test stats flat file to try it with...?

LM

Mad Snake

International Coach
be great if you could make it pads and gloves, helmet etc. unique as it would be a lot more realistic with players and their sponsorship deals and stuff

Users who are viewing this thread