TAOC Special Update(UMPIRES ADDED)

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Is it true that you can use the manufactura's bats in game and kits and all that if we don't have to pay for the game?

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Actually helmets/hats/caps etc and kneepads will not be unique (at this stage) but everything else will be. Though it wouldn't be that much effort to allow for helmets and kneepads to also be unique. Will definately consider doing i later on.

If anyone can work out how to auto update stats from Cricinfo then i'd be a very happy man :)

Our stats are held in a simple text file, so it should not be too hard in theory...if anyone is up to the task let me know and ill give you a test stats flat file to try it with...?

LM
Shreyas was the one who made the cricinfo stats updater for Cricket 07, so he's the one who knows about it. Although I think it isn't too easy but it shouldn't be too hard either, but hey, I've got the Mod Manager piled up for myself for release with this great game. ;)

If any of you guys, LM or JK, can give me a basic idea of the procedure required to mod the game, I would be very happy because then I would know if I can port the current Mod Manager engine to TAOC. If any of you guys haven't seen the Mod Manager, please go and see it in the downloads forum. :p lol. Also, a new, much better, much faster, much easier to use version is coming out, which I can promise is 5x better than the older one, so don't lose confidence in me if that one doesn't appeal you. ;)

I know we're far from release but it would be nice to know nevertheless.

Oh and what can I say about the new models... they look splendid! :) Just the right combination of everything everywhere, brilliant work guys. :)

Oh, and btw, also, can we have any information on what type of shaders are being used in the game? :D I'm sure this has been asked before but are we using OpenGL or Directx? :p

:D

lazy_chesnut

International Coach
Yeah but Excel can open "text" files if they are tab-delimited or CSV, so this may help. However, what would be more helpful is if the cricinfo player ID is part of the player database.

For example: Matthew Hayden's URL is:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/5616.html

If 5616 was stored somewhere in his player record, as well as his nationality, then it would be a case of scouring the returned HTML to find the required data, and importing it back into that player's record. It's quite involved but should be possible.

I'm not sure if there is any other way of going about it which could make it easier.

Any chance I can get hold of the database format you're thinking of using so I can have a bash LM?

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Awesome work guys. The detail is amazing on the new model and I can't wait to see it in game when you can see what it really looks like. Brilliant work, can't wait for the game even if it is a few more years!

FitzNugly

School Cricketer
I absolutely cannot wait to play this game. Hats off to you guys for your continued hard work and commitment to this - awesome!:cheers

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
Shreyas was the one who made the cricinfo stats updater for Cricket 07, so he's the one who knows about it. Although I think it isn't too easy but it shouldn't be too hard either, but hey, I've got the Mod Manager piled up for myself for release with this great game. ;)

If any of you guys, LM or JK, can give me a basic idea of the procedure required to mod the game, I would be very happy because then I would know if I can port the current Mod Manager engine to TAOC. If any of you guys haven't seen the Mod Manager, please go and see it in the downloads forum. :p lol. Also, a new, much better, much faster, much easier to use version is coming out, which I can promise is 5x better than the older one, so don't lose confidence in me if that one doesn't appeal you. ;)

I know we're far from release but it would be nice to know nevertheless.

Oh and what can I say about the new models... they look splendid! :) Just the right combination of everything everywhere, brilliant work guys. :)

Oh, and btw, also, can we have any information on what type of shaders are being used in the game? :D I'm sure this has been asked before but are we using OpenGL or Directx? :p

:D

Shaders are DirectX based - HLSL

Harrypotter_fan

Panel of Selectors
Yeah but Excel can open "text" files if they are tab-delimited or CSV, so this may help. However, what would be more helpful is if the cricinfo player ID is part of the player database.

For example: Matthew Hayden's URL is:
http://content-uk.cricinfo.com/australia/content/player/5616.html

If 5616 was stored somewhere in his player record, as well as his nationality, then it would be a case of scouring the returned HTML to find the required data, and importing it back into that player's record. It's quite involved but should be possible.

I'm not sure if there is any other way of going about it which could make it easier.

Any chance I can get hold of the database format you're thinking of using so I can have a bash LM?

That would be a great idea. Will save loads of trouble to have cricinfo id in the database. Also the editor won't be difficult to make.

BTW, the player models look smashing! Looking forward to seeing them ingame. :)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Can you show a picture of the new model with shading, cause I can't help feeling this is a cardboard cutout...

Bilal91

International Coach
yh thats what i was gonna say...still a hell of a lot better than the old model

legend_master

The Art of Cricket Developer
I know how you feel lol and i do agree. Im working really hard to get the models rigged up with the old animations so i can get them into the game. I could just show screens now but the model would be in that same dodgy pose and would just look a bit silly standing there in the middle of the pitch. Im hoping to be able to show some in game pix by the end of this weekend.

So stay tuned...

LM

Users who are viewing this thread