Review Demo impressions thread

villarich

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Check out this video, its HQ and there is a massive glitch. The ball hits Strauss goes on to the stumps and knocks the bails off. The Aussies appeal (for some reason) and its given not out.

YouTube - Ashes Cricket 2009 Gameplay [Xbox 360]

it happens towards the end

Have just checked the video and that is poor!! However there are inside and outside edges now off the bat and the satisfaction of getting Ponting out with an inside edge onto the stumps is priceless!!!!

savvart

Associate Cricketer
I've been playing it more and more and have to say, "Lets wait for the full version"...

This is the best cricket game ever made thus far. Yes I'm sure over the coming years more and more will continue to be done, but this is a great leap forward in my opinion...

Am still very curious about what options we will find inside of the CUSTOMISATION option in the menu????

dajesmac

Club Captain
I've been playing it more and more and have to say, "Lets wait for the full version"...

This is the best cricket game ever made thus far. Yes I'm sure over the coming years more and more will continue to be done, but this is a great leap forward in my opinion...

Am still very curious about what options we will find inside of the CUSTOMISATION option in the menu????

Player and team editors, and create a player.

exprezzo

Club Cricketer
just watching the 360 gameplay on youtube.looks interesting to me.

p.s. flintoff ..... looks like hedwig ha,ha,ha,ha !!!!

Eon

Club Cricketer
yea and from what i saw in one of the vids on youtube, anderson bowls about 130ish max
which is alittle disappointing, not that i will use england much at all so it doesnt really effect me verry much

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Its more when they bowl against you, and after watching the Ashes you would expect to see him near the 140s and above at times. It would also mean you have more time to play him when you shouldn't.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
Guys one thing XBOX 360 Demo is only 560 Mbs So I don't think its as detailed as some of the other demos on Xbox Live. So I guess some of the problems might be due to the size of the demo.
Besides Stats do have an Impact Its much easier to hit aggressive shots with aggressive Batsman. Also while fielding Collingwood had much longer green zone and also is able to catch while its orange. Whereas other fielders who are comparatively poor do not.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I was very disappointed that there were no crowd chants at all. This might well be fixed in time for the full release (I remember some Fifa demos with no chants, yet they were there in the full game), but I'm not holding my breath. Shame, it would add a lot to the atmosphere.

nimish_sach

Club Cricketer
One more thing I hit a rocket straight down the ground but aerial and bowler took an amazing catch on his follow through alla Brett Lee. Impressed. First game in which I have seen a proper Caught and Bowled

mareen

Club Cricketer
Check out this video, its HQ and there is a massive glitch. The ball hits Strauss goes on to the stumps and knocks the bails off. The Aussies appeal (for some reason) and its given not out.

Another small but rather annoying thing is that when you bowl someone out the ball hits the wickets and still maintain its line by going through the wicket. Im sure once it hit the wicket the ball should move to the right or left, whereever but not through the stumps!!!

btw hope that glitch is sorted out. I dont want to be in the recieving end!!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Another small but rather annoying thing is that when you bowl someone out the ball hits the wickets and still maintain its line by going through the wicket. Im sure once it hit the wicket the ball should move to the right or left, whereever but not through the stumps!!!

btw hope that glitch is sorted out. I dont want to be in the recieving end!!

Who cares?? If it hits the stumps and bowls someone, it doesn't matter where it goes after that. There are far more important issues that could be worked on!

P

pcfan123

The animations after they have been hit are pretty good. Not the ballerina twirl and fall onto the stumps like in EA07. I hated how the batsman would be lying right on top of the stumps but nothing would happen!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

That's what I call a major problem that really needs sorting out, not where the ball goes after hitting the stumps!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 46 Seconds later...

The animations after they have been hit are pretty good. Not the ballerina twirl and fall onto the stumps like in EA07. I hated how the batsman would be lying right on top of the stumps but nothing would happen!

Hopefully, we'll see them actually cartwheel out of the ground sometimes in the full game. Again, not a major thing, but it'd be good.

Users who are viewing this thread