AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

mangesh38

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
hey shrenik i got a problem in running ashes game bcoz i have replaced all files of team india odi kits & all but when i start game to play match the screen just keeps loading & nthing happens so plz help me in it why it happens:(

mangesh38 added 0 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

also tell me which files to replace in ashes big editor? ok :(

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
If you don't know which files to replace, then how/why did you replace them? Replace the Async.big.w32 file in the final folder of your ashes installation directory with the one from the Ashes Cricket 2009 DVD. Then try installing the mod/kits again after you read the instructions provided with it.

mangesh38

School Cricketer
hey abbh thnx for help i wil try it out:)

mangesh38 added 0 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...

but i replaced the files as per the instructions told by you & in ashes game it also shows the replaced files but when i start match it does not start loading screen comes & it hangs thats the problem so i asked it ok:(

mytimeisnow

Club Captain
Big Editor gets stuck while Importing

Hi ABbh

Before informing you about the Error,
I would like to thank you for this Amazing Creation of yours.:hpraise:hpraise:hpraise
Hats off to you.:clap

Now Coming to the point,
Recently I have been using your Big Editor for importing India t20 kit.
For Eg:
I opened the T20 India Transmission Texture pack.
Then I went on to replace the dds file for the same with the new kit.
But the Editor got stuck up and it was just indicating "IMPORTING" at the bottomleft of the screen.:facepalm
It happened on several occassions and I finally quited.:(

Why is so.?
I would like to know if I m the first person to have this error.
Please help,
Awaiting your response
Thanks in Advance.:)

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Did you try the new version? It is supposed to give an error message instead of freezing. If you do get an error message with the new version(attached in first post), it should help me in fixing the issue.

mangesh38

School Cricketer
hey abbh i replaced the files as per the instructions told by you & in ashes game it also shows the replaced files e(xample-india odi kit) but when i start match it does not start loading screen comes & it hangs so wat may be problem? :(

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
I'm having a hard time understanding what you posted. You say that the game shows the new kits after replacement. Where are you viewing the kits if the match does not start? The game will hang at the match loading screen if the data is invalid.
I doubt this is an issue with the editor. I think you might be replacing the wrong files. I request you to wait till the editor is out of alpha testing stages and a more user friendly version is released. I'm concentrating on bug reports right now.

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
i couldnt find the bradbury, newbery, and sommers bats all that kept coming up was pads. any ideas how to find it?

im using the lastest version of the big editor

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Add 'bats/' before the name of the bat. eg bats/bradbury

mangesh38

School Cricketer
hey abbh thnx buddy now its working the game is running fine & all kits are working in it this all happened when i copied the asyn.big.32 file from ashes dvd to that final folder but any ways thnx for ur help :)

dannaz94

School Cricketer
hi abbh
first of all would like to say thank you for your creation
second i have a problem when i try to replace a dds file using the big editor i get a error that says "Import failed! Error Message access is denied." i made sure the async.big file was not read only but it still failed any help would be appreciated

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hey abhi! have you found the file containing the menu texts, overlay during matches and the one which contains text regarding batsman's stamina and confidence?? It wud be awesome to have those files in next update.:hpraise:hpraise

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
@ Abbh - how easy is it going to be for me to add previews to my editor of the bats and faces? Any chance of a command line version of this?

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
hi abbh
first of all would like to say thank you for your creation
second i have a problem when i try to replace a dds file using the big editor i get a error that says "Import failed! Error Message access is denied." i made sure the async.big file was not read only but it still failed any help would be appreciated

Are you on Vista? If so, you might get the program to work if you run it as Administrator. Either way I'm looking into the problem. Thanks for the report.

Hey abhi! have you found the file containing the menu texts, overlay during matches and the one which contains text regarding batsman's stamina and confidence?? It wud be awesome to have those files in next update.
Yeah, the menu texts and the hud settings are in there somewhere. Can't remember the file name.

@ Abbh - how easy is it going to be for me to add previews to my editor of the bats and faces? Any chance of a command line version of this?
Command line support is already in the works. I'll add support to extract and convert files from command line as well. Should only be a matter of displaying an image in a picture control.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
Hey abhi! have you found the file containing the menu texts, overlay during matches and the one which contains text regarding batsman's stamina and confidence?? It wud be awesome to have those files in next update.
The menu texts appear to be in global/locale/frontend/english.csv inside gdata.wad archive. The hud settings are in global/hud/cricket_hud.xml in the same archive.

Users who are viewing this thread