AC09 BIG Editor v1.0

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The menu texts appear to be in global/locale/frontend/english.csv inside gdata.wad archive. The hud settings are in global/hud/cricket_hud.xml in the same archive.

But how to search for these files in the big editor??:crying
I have tried searching using the path you gave but got no result. I guess you haven't added those files list to the last version of editor:noway.A nice little update to the editor would be awesome mate:banana2.

Looking forward to it.

P.S: Adboards in the signage folders doesnt change anything.
I guess the game fetches the adboards from somewhere else.

mangesh38

School Cricketer
hey abbh,does ashes cricket 2009 game runs in Windows Vista & Windows 7 ? if yes,what are requirements to play it plz help me regarding this.as i have tried to run game in vista as well as 7 but it does not run why?
plz help me for it:(

mangesh38 added 2 Minutes and 34 Seconds later...

my pc config is as follows:-

OS-Windows XP SP-3
M/B-Gigabyte 945 GCM-S2L
GPU-NVIDIA GEFORCE-9400 GT-(1.5 GB)
PROC-Intel C2D-E4600-(2.44 GHZ)
RAM-Transcend 2 GB-DDR2-(667MHZ):)

dannaz94

School Cricketer
thanks for the previous help abbh but i now have a new dilemma i made my own bat with photoshop (which has the dds extension) and saved it in .dds. when i import using the big editor and start the game the bat is pink and green flashing.

Last edited:

mytimeisnow

Club Captain
India twenty20 kits avaialble on Beta 1 but not Beta 2

Did you try the new version? It is supposed to give an error message instead of freezing. If you do get an error message with the new version(attached in first post), it should help me in fixing the issue.

Hi AbBh,

I Used your latest version of the Big EDITOR,

When i tried to open the Async.big.w32 file,
and searched for India/twenty20 files
Only lots and lots of PADS were available,
No Shirts,Trousers,Helmets were available.
Why so.?

I have installed 2 Ashes games, one on C Drive(with beta 2 patch) and Other on D Drive(Beta 1 patch).

One thing I noticed was that when i open beta 2 with new big editor it shows worldcup kits and only twenty 20 pads,
And when i use first Big editor on beta 2, again twenty 20 kits are not available.

And when I tried to open beta 1 located at D drive with latest big editor it shows Worldcup kits and Twenty 20 pads.
And when i open the same Beta 1 with the first big editor now....the twenty 20 kits are available.

The only issue I have is that I want to play on beta 2 with twenty 20 kits which is not possible. Just because beta1 is too easy when it comes to batting.

Please suggest.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
thanks for the previous help abbh but i now have a new dilemma i made my own bat with photoshop (which has the dds extension) and saved it in .dds. when i import using the big editor and start the game the bat is pink and green flashing.
You might not be saving the texture in the right format. Check the file type of the bat in the BIG Editor. You need to save it in the appropriate format - DXT1/DXT3

AbBh added 4 Minutes and 2 Seconds later...

@mytimeisnow: It could be a bug with the editor. I'll have to look into it.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
When I replace a file, the editor crashes, and crashes hard - and I cannot forcibly quit the program. It appears to get stuck.

shrenik

International Coach
try running it as administrator and i guess,it should work fine

dannaz94

School Cricketer
i have checked the format it is dxt1 but still get the flashing green and pink ill try a reinstall

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
You need to save it as DXT1 ARGB.

AbBh added 6 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

When I replace a file, the editor crashes, and crashes hard - and I cannot forcibly quit the program. It appears to get stuck.
You must be using the older version. While the newer version has the same problem, it should not crash. Temporary solution is running the program as an Administrator.

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
AbBh added 6 Minutes and 11 Seconds later...

You must be using the older version. While the newer version has the same problem, it should not crash. Temporary solution is running the program as an Administrator.

Oh. I downloaded what was in the first post of this thread today.

AbBh

Panel of Selectors
i tried that and it dosent work i tried all the save files on the list in the dds extension and it still coems up flashing green and pink
Okay, that means the data is getting corrupted. Either the editor is messing it up at some stage while importing or you could be replacing the wrong file. Try extracting the bat back from the big file to see if it is fine or corrupted.

Oh. I downloaded what was in the first post of this thread today.
That is the new version. It seems that the bug still exists. Are you on Vista?

CaptainOZ

Panel of Selectors
That is the new version. It seems that the bug still exists. Are you on Vista?

Nah. The only bug is my impatience. It eventually was imported and now the Australian shirts have the VB logo on them in the game.

Can you tell me the difference between the _a, _d, _n and _s files? Why did I only need to replace the _d file? Thanks for helping.

Users who are viewing this thread