Mar 2 - England v Ireland

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
this same ireland team couldn't even chase down 205 against bd..which says the following things:

bd is hugely underrated
ireland is hugely underrated too
england is wayyy too overrated

but this england almost chased dow 337 against india

which makes india the most overrated team of them all :P

p.s. only if cricket worked like that......

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Hahahha lol ! i feel bad for Strauss & co. :P

good game of cricket by the Irish :clap

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
I wonder what would happen if Sree played against the Irish on Sunday and that too with Ireland chasing :p

ferg512

International Coach
Wow I woke up to see the result, Good on Ireland thats some serious choking by England though..

darthlewis1

Club Captain
What is Eoin Morgan gonna be thinking right now? I reckon he's secretly happy that Ireland won, because I would be if I was him.

BlueString

School Cricketer
HAHA! Beautiful! Now all those ignorant so called fans will shut up about the Associates not deserving of being in the world cup! What about now, guys? Still think the Associates can't play at a high level? I mean, they only did something that neither Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, West Indies, England, Sri Lanka, or South Africa have NEVER done.

No maliciousness toward England intended, BtW . . . but people should start showing these athletes some respect. England learned that the hard way, you'd think they'd learn from Pakistan's mistakes four years ago. Apparently not.

Last edited:

ferg512

International Coach
I was never really against Ireland being there, but Canada and Kenya simply shouldn't be. Ireland is a quality team, 12 team tournament would've been ideal as then you can get rid of most of the thrashings while keeping something for two minnows. Did Ireland have to qualify btw?? Aren't they an ODI member?

Brook

Club Captain
]
HAHA! Beautiful! Now all those ignorant so called fans will shut up about the Associates not deserving of being in the world cup! What about now, guys? Still think the Associates can play at a high level? I mean, they only did something that neither Australia, India, New Zealand, Pakistan, West Indies, England, Sri Lanka, or South Africa have NEVER done.

No maliciousness toward England intended, BtW . . . but people should start showing these athletes some respect. England learned that the hard way, you'd think they'd learn from Pakistan's mistakes four years ago. Apparently not.

Rightttt... let's just ignore every single thrashing on the back of this one result.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
]

Rightttt... let's just ignore every single thrashing on the back of this one result.

You can't just expect them to be able to start beating everyone. Even West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh struggle with that. However, matches like today show that they do deserve a chance. Just look at where Bangladesh is now compared to 1999. They have improved so much over the years and why? Exposure. But they didn't just get the exposure for no reason. They earned it. I think that with performances like these, Ireland is earning the right to more exposure against test teams (at least in the ODI arena).

ferg512

International Coach
Yeah they should at least get the odd 3 match series against a Test nation, when they do play its always a one off match. On another note, who made the bloody groups?? The good associates are in group B and the crap ones in group A.

Brook

Club Captain
You can't just expect them to be able to start beating everyone. Even West Indies, New Zealand and Bangladesh struggle with that. However, matches like today show that they do deserve a chance. Just look at where Bangladesh is now compared to 1999. They have improved so much over the years and why? Exposure. But they didn't just get the exposure for no reason. They earned it. I think that with performances like these, Ireland is earning the right to more exposure against test teams (at least in the ODI arena).

I'll admit, these guys and the Netherlands deserve more chances. But the others have been hopeless, and I mean really awful. I don't expect them to start beating everyone, but I would expect these teams to give a decent account of themselves rather than getting slaughtered.

I agree they do need more exposure, and specifically outside of the WC. No good getting smashed every 4 years.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
This proves that the Irish and the Dutch are probably the two best Associates. They have improved considerably since their last outing.Time to think about their future ?

Ireland for Test Status !!!

bd is hugely underrated
ireland is hugely underrated too
england is wayyy too overrated

p.s. only if cricket worked like that......

Excellent use of logic there ,unfortunately ,as you yourself have put it, it does not apply to cricket. :D

Brook

Club Captain
Again though, these performances are against England, whose quality seems to try to meet its opponents. Let's not forget they almost lost to Canada in similar fashion in the warm ups.

War

Chairman of Selectors
England i think are missing a cutting edge 90 mph quick like a Lee, Steyn, Malinga. This is where Flintoff's retirement is finally catching up to ENG ODI side at least least.

Users who are viewing this thread