Patch#2 Notes - Patch is Live

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
The thing is that the multiplayer is Peer to Peer not played through servers. So the problem is probably you rubbish connection or your friends connection.
DBC has a few problems agreed but Ashes Was totally unplayable so shut your whinging and get your facts right.
Or better still sell you copy of the game and leave the forums

Mate

That attitude is really killing this forum. We cannot have people giving personal insults to others just because they are not in the Fanboy corner.

Its not needed , let him Vent.

And the problem is defnitly not his "rubbish connection" , but a well known Bug (one of a long list) that affects Online Play severely. Online is pretty much broken and needs some strong nerves to enjoy and look past the obvious issues .

Some people dont have this , others will persevere and enjoy the experience the game offers regardless.

Mihir2014

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The thing is that the multiplayer is Peer to Peer not played through servers. So the problem is probably you rubbish connection or your friends connection.
DBC has a few problems agreed but Ashes Was totally unplayable so shut your whinging and get your facts right.
Or better still sell you copy of the game and leave the forums

Its not with him....its also with me and with lots of my friend....8 mbps connection is not rubbish....for last 5-6 days its almost impossible to complete t10 matches with random players....today i scored 120 runs in 5.2 over and it get disconnected...its very frustrating...DBC doesnt have few problems man it has lots of issues.....i agree its offline gameplay is awesome but its online gameplay sucks....

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
then why we get this Communication Error with PSN when hosting a match or searching for a match in DBC only.. (not in other games) please team DBC fix it.. this errors comes alot in peak hours, irrelevant of net speed and ISPs

10345070_575638812533318_73514874_n.jpg

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
How many online games of dbc have u played ?

The problem I have with alot of poster`s , commenting on online play is the simple fact , that they have not played online at all , yet they defend the game at all costs.

I agree that Offline Custom games is probably 100% more playable , and hence the fierce defences being put up , but I`ve posed the Challenge to alot of the Admin`s and fierce defenders of this game :

Come and play me online , and I will show you exactly how "bugged" online play is , but unfortunately none of them have taken up my offer and so around and around the conversation goes with no end in sight.

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
The problem I have with alot of poster`s , commenting on online play is the simple fact , that they have not played online at all , yet they defend the game at all costs.

I agree that Offline Custom games is probably 100% more playable , and hence the fierce defences being put up , but I`ve posed the Challenge to alot of the Admin`s and fierce defenders of this game :

Come and play me online , and I will show you exactly how "bugged" online play is , but unfortunately none of them have taken up my offer and so around and around the conversation goes with no end in sight.

whats ur id ? psn or xbox ?

Mihir2014

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

Agree with you....my online rank is 6 and i haven't played a single bug free match...hope they have done something for these bugs in patch 2....

zombieian

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
I only played one game online against my brother. I had no connection problems, but to be honest, it wasn't the most exciting experience I've had playing games online. The game just didn't seem to flow, with too many cut scene interruptions.

Last edited:

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I recently had problems connecting to PSN gave me error error error, (also DBC14 would not update online career scores etc..)

So i googled and googled and found this:

Solution for your DNS error (80710102) problems! (... - PlayStation? Forums

I changed the DNS IP according to above and have had zero problems since... I do not, however play DBC14 online so I would be interested if someone who does may want to experiment with a friend and both change the DNS IP and see if it improves?

Cheers

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
I only played one game online against my brother. I had no connection problems, but to be honest, it wasn't the most exciting experience I've had playing games online.

for less distant connection, games works super bug free, i remember one or two online games perfectly lag free like if i was playing local multiplayer but it was online.. but most of the time there is lag probably due to far apart countries/long distance between two players, which is normal for online gaming, but all i want is somehow this DC or lost connection bug may get patched soon! its perfect game n ppl who are hating it forgot that this is the only game released when we hope of no more cricket games even now team DBC is committed to make it better!

jaraarrow

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think online is pretty good imo,Dont get me wrong there are a couple of bugs and i have been disconnected a few times but big ant should be congratulated on an amazing cricket game.

D

Dutch

Mate

That attitude is really killing this forum. We cannot have people giving personal insults to others just because they are not in the Fanboy corner.

Its not needed , let him Vent.

And the problem is defnitly not his "rubbish connection" , but a well known Bug (one of a long list) that affects Online Play severely. Online is pretty much broken and needs some strong nerves to enjoy and look past the obvious issues .

Some people dont have this , others will persevere and enjoy the experience the game offers regardless.

I would agree with the sentiments of this post. People on both sides of the argument have the tendency to jump on others who dont agree with them. However it is important when people state something that they do bring some factual information to the table and not just rant.

----------

for less distant connection, games works super bug free, i remember one or two online games perfectly lag free like if i was playing local multiplayer but it was online.. but most of the time there is lag probably due to far apart countries/long distance between two players, which is normal for online gaming, but all i want is somehow this DC or lost connection bug may get patched soon! its perfect game n ppl who are hating it forgot that this is the only game released when we hope of no more cricket games even now team DBC is committed to make it better!

I have played Matt, who lives in Australia from the Netherlands on the patched pc version and there were no problems at all...we got disconnected once and the game asked whether I wanted to save....we connected again and carried on from where we were....pretty darn good.

chaman82

County Cricketer
For me its only and only the online mode which matters in dbc14.
Till now not much clarity is there regarding online play improvements.
I heard one of the senior members who has got the pc game saying "there was just a little lag in fielding."
This game has huge potential. And with the ai broken totally, its the online play that makes me love the game.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Whilst I understand the statements regarding sentiment above, it is hard not to be a bit annoyed with people proclaiming the game has the worst servers ever when indeed it has NO SERVERS WHATSOEVER as the game is peer to peer.

Pro Tip: Best to comment on things you might know a little about, if you don't understand what peer to peer is or means then it's best not to comment about "Servers"...

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
For me its only and only the online mode which matters in dbc14.
Till now not much clarity is there regarding online play improvements.
I heard one of the senior members who has got the pc game saying "there was just a little lag in fielding."
This game has huge potential. And with the ai broken totally, its the online play that makes me love the game.

I'm completely the opposite, in the sense that I have absolutely no interest in online multiplayer.

The AI certainly isn't totally broken, and it sounds like the issues it does have are much better after patch 2 - unfortunately for me (maybe fortunately?) I start in a new job tomorrow, and won't have as much time to play :(

Users who are viewing this thread